Holiday/Christmas Shopping | Pad Patter 11.30.21

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by keepscrappin, Nov 30, 2021.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I only remember seeing it in the fancy department stores. But I have seen it in many movies!

2. bestcee

Disney Store? I've bought lots of Winnie the Pooh things for babies from the Disney store.

3. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

Disney has closed most of them over the last year or so. I think there are only about 25 left.

bestcee likes this.
  4. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

Apparently not at Disney Springs. They told I needed to go to the Magic Kingdom and that’s not going to happen yet.

bestcee likes this.
  5. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

C. nearly done. We make each other a lot of the gifts so it is really more about time to create then shopping stores. :D

keepscrappin likes this.
  6. bestcee

I didn't realize that. I saw one in Ohio, and we still had the one in Las Vegas. I checked out the website, and yep, those are 2 of the few left.

rach3975 likes this.
  7. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

My 17 YO son started working at our Toy store downtown this summer and had to learn to wrap presents there. He said SO many people ask for the free wrapping. One time he had a couple buy so many gifts to wrap that they left them all there and went to dinner and he barely finished in time for them to be back. :giggle I told him he can be in charge of wrapping all our gifts this year and he wasn't particularly thrilled with that idea.

Memaw2Wm and keepscrappin like this.
  8. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

Send him to my house to wrap presents for me... I used to love wrapping, but not anymore. :giggle

Karen likes this.
  9. JenEm

JenEm Pollywog

@djp332 Disney is busy opening stores inside Target. There are some Winnie the Pooh baby items online at Target. It might be worth a look. :)

rach3975 and Karen like this.
  10. JenEm

JenEm Pollywog

How's my holiday shopping going - somewhere between B and C :)

Karen and keepscrappin like this.
  11. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

I'm near Washington, DC, and there used to be 2 in our area. I think 1 of the 2 is still open.

bestcee likes this.
  12. mywisecrafts

mywisecrafts Pollywog

Technically I’m D, but I keep on buying little things that I see…..

13. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I need to get out this wk after work for a bit to get a few more things and then I'm done. We scaled it back this year a bit, none of us really need or want anything so why waste the money. I think we'll do some Boxing Day (week) shopping (here in Canada its the day after Xmas but the sales usually go all week long). We need a new TV and a new sound bar. I might need a new monitor if my old spare monitor doesn't work (haven't checked it yet) as I want a second monitor hooked up to the laptop so I can scrap a bit while binge watching shows with hubs in the evening. It feels good to not have a big list of things to get this year.

14. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I'm all done and most everything's wrapped. I'll send out the boxes to my family once I receive the last gift in the mail. I hate having to spend December shopping when I'd rather be baking cookies or watching Christmas movies.

15. Mrsdudds

Mrsdudds Well-Known Member

C Almost done

I have nearly completed all my holiday shopping just waiting for one more present to be delivered for my son. And then go shopping for small bits like shower gel sets, pyjamas etc. My step daughter was easy to buy for as only have few clothes, as her main present is money towards her tattoo which is booked for the new year. Having two 18 years olds the fun of buying presents is gone, its either clothes or money they want.

16. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

There's a local toy store near me that wraps gifts for customers, nothing fancy, but I'll sometimes get them to wrap a gift, then go home and add my own ribbon to the package.

I'm pretty much done with wrapping except for two gifts that haven't arrived yet. I think I only had seven gifts to wrap ... with teenagers and young adults cash is the preferred gift. I did get local adult GKs a small gift to go with their cash ... a requested hoodie blanket for my granddaughter and a couple of cold weather performance tees for my grandson. I hate not to have something under the tree for them. All three will have stockings, of course.

Karen likes this.
  17. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Hit the mall yesterday and achieved a lot on my list.
    Still have some smaller ideas for the nephews.
    Making progress though - which is awesome.