December Details Albums Inspiration + Organizing Supplies for Success

Discussion in 'Document Your December 2021' started by gonewiththewind, Nov 11, 2021.

1. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

This is the fourth year that I have created an album for our Document Your December collections. I love thinking about the types and number of photos I take each holiday season, and then compose layouts that I would love to see in my own albums.

If you haven't seen them before, here are the four albums:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

One of my Creative Team Members, Amie @amien1 , has used December Details Albums 1-3 to scrap layouts for her 2017, 2018, and 2019 Document Your December albums. I've created some videos so you can see the albums in action - from template to finished layout - to give you inspiration for starting your own albums for this year or for catching up on past years. Remember that all Document Your December products are on sale, so now's a great time to stock up.

I asked Amie how she was so successful at creating these albums, as I struggle every year and never finish. She told me that the Creative Cloud Libraries were key to helping her have her supplies at hand. I've chatted about Libraries before in my Watch Cheryl Scrap LIVE! sessions, but in the following video, I talk about not only Libraries, but also other ways to keep your Document Your December supplies where you can easily find them.

I hope that the layout inspiration as well as the tips for organizing your supplies help you have success as you Document Your December. If you have any questions about what I've shared, please don't hesitate to ask them in the comments below.

If you've created layouts with any of these albums, feel free to share them with us in this thread so we can be even more inspired!​

Last edited: Nov 11, 2021
    G.J., norton94, Vrielinkie and 7 others like this.
  2. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

SO fun to see them like that! Thanks again Cheryl for your mad template skillz... :bk

3. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

I love these templates!!! And the best thing about them is you don’t need to use them for an album, they make awesome one page layouts too!! But you can also use them for an album. How crazy is that?!

gonewiththewind and amien1 like this.
  4. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Thanks for all the videos! I love seeing your templates in action all in a row!

5. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

Loved the videos! Thanks Cheryl and @amien1 The libraries, in addition to easier custom shadows, are another reason I put CC on my Christmas list.

I've never been focused enough to do DYD. I'm slow getting the Christmas decorations out and I forget to take photos everyday so I just scrap the ones I do take. I love that the DYD album templates can be used for individual layouts and for non-Christmas themes too.

[​IMG]

6. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I love Cheryl's templates - they are so easy to use. I am still scrapbooking life as we live it and we haven't started Christmas shopping or any of the festivities yet - so this layout was a recent coffee and cake date.
    [​IMG]

7. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I used the first set for the second year I did DYD. I used some templates multiple times and some not at all. Since then I've used sets from another wonderful template designer, SWL. So many awesome choices between FDD and SWL, it is no wonder they are my 2 favorite template designers! And, yes, many of these templates can be used for individual layouts anytime of the year.

As for actually doing DYD, I focus more on my day to day. As some of you know, I'm not a big fan of Christmas and the month of December is actually when the SAD hits me. Once January gets here, I'm fine even with cold temperatures! So I just concentrate on non-holiday layouts in my album for the most part. I do slip in a couple usually of the few decorations I put out and one for Christmas Day... usually of my meal. Last year's was about a Zoom I put together for the family. I have found that this helps keeping the SAD to a minimum since I'm not sitting around and moping about everything.

8. chai

chai Love to make a racket!

I've used many of these templates!

I watched the last video. I've never used libraries in Photoshop, but I can see so many possibilities! Is there a limit on size or how many items you can put in the library? Are they actually uploaded to the cloud or just linked my hard drive?

gonewiththewind likes this.
  9. gonewiththewind

There's a difference between Creative Cloud Libraries and Creative Cloud Files/Storage.

First, Creative Cloud Files/Storage:

There is a 5 GB file size limit on uploads.

You cannot sync more than 350,000 files or 150,000 folders.

They are actually uploaded to the cloud.

The Creative Cloud All Apps plan is $29.99 per month and you get 100 GB of cloud storage.
    The Photography plan is $9.99 per month and you get 20 GB of cloud storage.
    Trial/free plans come with 2 GB of cloud storage.
    There is an additional Creative Cloud Photography Plan that is $19.99 per month and gives you 1 TB storage.

Second, Creative Cloud Libraries:

Libraries make it super easy to move from device to device for on-the-go work. So if you log into another computer with your Adobe ID, you'll find those libraries available to you.

Libraries are available through the cloud, but they are not considered part of the CC Files/Storage. Your assets are stored locally on your device and synchronized with Creative Cloud.

A library can contain up to 10,000 assets. This link will show you the types of assets you can save in a library: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/supported-formats-creative-cloud-libraries.html

BOTTOM LINE:

With Adobe, things are clear as mud. I hope that I tried to explain some of it. I think I even referenced in the video the 2 GB storage with the Photography Plan, but Libraries are considered separate. Based on what I've added though, I think you'll be safe to add quite a collection of assets without worry.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2021
    bestcee likes this.
  10. DivaMom96

DivaMom96 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the great explanation above. I've never done a DYD since our family doesn't celebrate Christmas and it's hard to find nice Chanukah kits (I really hate blue/white/gold).

But I loved what your CT member did with her cute ornament in a photo every day. It's giving me an idea of how to document my December without it having to be all about Christmas or Chanukah. Thanks for wonderful inspiration!

bestcee, amien1 and gonewiththewind like this.
  11. chai

chai Love to make a racket!

This is the clearest explanation I've seen so far! Thank you! It really makes my head spin! I have the Photography plan but that isn't much space if you try to upload any scrap pages. I'm giving the library a try and we'll see what happens!

amien1 and gonewiththewind like this.
  12. gonewiththewind

You're very welcome! So glad you have an idea of how to Document YOUR December!

It makes mine spin, too! Let me know if you have any questions after you give Libraries a try!

13. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

What a great presentation!!

14. Vrielinkie

Vrielinkie Rub-a-Dub-Dub

Since Christmas is a bit different over here than in some other countries (in my family at least, we celebrate Sinterklaas early December with gifts) and I don't have a lot of real Christmas photos, I sometimes get stumped for DYD. Christmas for us is being together and mostly no gifts I decided to scrap some of our Christmas traditions. Here are 2 LOs I did:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. gonewiththewind

These are awesome layouts because they show daily life! I think it's important as we're documenting the month of December that we include all our activities, and not just those related to the holiday we're celebrating.

For instance, last year, I was going to my surgeon, oncologist, and radiation oncologist, as well as having a few radiation treatments. Definitely NOT holiday related, but I think it has a place in my album. And I always take photos of our pets, and those aren't really holiday related, unless we dress the dog up with kerchiefs or bows. LOL

easyeyes4you and Vrielinkie like this.
  16. Vrielinkie

Vrielinkie Rub-a-Dub-Dub

Yes to more of the pets dressed up photos! :giggle

17. gonewiththewind

What the world . . . needs now . . . are pets, sweet pets . . . they're the only thing that there's just too little of . . .

I'm likely dating myself, but this is to the tune of this song:

G.J. and Vrielinkie like this.
  18. Vrielinkie

Vrielinkie Rub-a-Dub-Dub

Yes, this song is perfect hahaha!

19. easyeyes4you

easyeyes4you Well-Known Member

OMG Cheryl I have been so buried in "other" projects for gifts and dealing with timelines, I did not look at very much here... just found this... I think you may become my go to for understanding all of this... as I said this afternoon, I have it all, just have not used it... need to stop and dig in and learn I guess.... Libraries sound interesting Not interested in creating a new album for this year... still plenty left from last year... sigh.....

20. G.J.

G.J. If I Could Turn Back Time

Cheryl dear thank YOU so much for all the videos, I've learned so much just watching them.
    LOVE your templates, fabulous!