De-stress your December | DYD 2021

Discussion in 'Document Your December 2021' started by IntenseMagic, Nov 10, 2021.

1. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Hey, hey all!! I hope you are enjoying all the DYD festivities!! I have to admit that this is my favorite project of the whole year!! I am celebrating year 10 this year!! It really gives me something to focus on when the days are shorter and colder and I’m feeling blah. I know there are many who would like to take on a DYD project, but it is such a crazy busy time and people often wonder how they can fit anything else in. I also realize that a lot of times, there just aren’t things to take photos of or there’s just a lot of down time without any Christmas-y things to document. So, I’m here to give you some ideas for de-stressing your DYD.

One idea is to create a tag a day. Tim Holtz does a 12 Tags of Christmas project in December, and they are so fun. You can use them for tags or create a tag album with them! Also make sure you check out Karen’s tag ideas :)

Another idea is to try one new thing every day, whether it be a new recipe, craft, technique, or shop and document them for the month.

You could also choose a quote, a song, or a Bible verse a day for December and scrap it, also including what it means to you or its significance in your life.

I also love the idea of documenting a memory every day. I could include photos or not and could be Christmas related or not. In the end, you have a whole album of memories. You could also do this with your hopes for the coming year.

Another idea could be a themed album, like Happiness is… and then document one thing every day that goes along with it, Christmas related or not.

It can be an opportunity to use all those great journal cards/quote cards to create a mini album or flip book. I’ve seen some super cute books that are only 1 card and 1 photo every day. Make sure to check out Tracie's post on Keeping it Simple for some fantastic ideas!

Some other fun ideas might be:
    -A selfie a day
    -Grocery lists
    -Shopping lists

Regardless of what type of project you choose, having a plan ahead of time makes the biggest difference in whether you finish or end up frustrated.

There are no hard and fast rules. You can make DYD your own kind of project! There are lots of prompts out there if you are short on ideas. It can be elaborate pages, or as simple as 3x4 cards for each day. Do you have any ideas for de-stressing your DYD or coming up with a plan?

Last edited: Nov 12, 2021
  2. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

Wow, great tips here, thanks!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  3. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

These are all such great ideas! How do I choose just one?! I want to do them all! ;)

IntenseMagic likes this.
  4. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

These are awesome tips Jan!!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  5. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Wonderful tips and things to think about, Jan!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  6. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I want to do a tag a day! so so badly!

Cherylndesigns and IntenseMagic like this.
  7. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I've always wanted to do that too, Dalis.

8. G.J.

G.J. If I Could Turn Back Time

Great tips, thank you so much for sharing

IntenseMagic likes this.
  9. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

The 12 Tags of Christmas. LOL!!!!

IntenseMagic likes this.