Do you color your hair?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by weaselwatchr, Oct 21, 2021.

1. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

@IntenseMagic - That is hilarious. Oh, the honesty of kids.

I have done highlights a couple times throughout the years. But haven't done anything in the last 10. I'm all natural. A Brunette. I have no greys yet! My mom didn't start getting grey until she was in her 60's...so I'm hoping it's genetic. I don't want to spend the time or money it takes. I don't even like going to get my bangs or hair trimmed. I usually do it on my own. I frequent the salon maybe once a year.

As far as nails. I get pedicures every once in a while (like once a year - haha). I'll occasionally do my own nails with paint or jamberry nail stickers.

weaselwatchr and IntenseMagic like this.
  2. G.J.

G.J. If I Could Turn Back Time

No, all natural

weaselwatchr likes this.
  3. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

Wow! That's awesome about your mom. I sadly had grey hair when I was only 18. I had met my husband a year before that, and I often tease him that he was the cause of it, lol.

4. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

I am so jealous! I actually got my first gray in my teens, but they didn't really start coming in until my mid 30's. My sister is now in her 50's and doesn't have grays! My MIL is in her 70's with no grays!? I'm not sure exactly what I did to earn mine! lol

weaselwatchr likes this.
  5. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

My mom really wanted gray hair but never had a whole head of it when she died at age 64. I had a full head of gray at 55. I don't even have kids or a husband to blame it on! Dad was in his late 60's/early 70's before he was all gray.

SeattleSheri and weaselwatchr like this.
  6. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

I have only ever coloured my hair purple. Now I am aging gracefully and rocking these magical silver strands

[​IMG]

7. DigiGrace

DigiGrace Make mine a purple passion

8. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

The one thing I really hate about coloring my hair, that chemical smell that lingers forever…my eyes burn still people. Sigh

4F1B750D-1675-40C7-8C34-80BF98C34E88.png

Last edited: Oct 23, 2021
  9. Mrsdudds

Mrsdudds Well-Known Member

I am forever colouring my hair, I am a natural dark brunette. Over the years my hair has been black, red, various shades of brunette. Currently blonde but have an appointment to have my hair coloured on Tuesday. And going this colour, nice copper shade. I used to color my own hair with shop-bought box dye but now go to the hairdressers to have it done.

C76303F5-63F2-48AA-B408-0B54E069C515.JPG

weaselwatchr and norton94 like this.
  10. G.J.

G.J. If I Could Turn Back Time

Kisses for Bart

weaselwatchr likes this.
  11. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

I haven't yet. My hair is naturally so dark that I always thought I'd look strange with anything else. Add in the cost and upkeep, plus the fact that my hair is fine and curly and easily damaged, and I've never been tempted. I'm 46 now and have a little gray sprinkled through--you can only see it if you're right next to me. When I get grayer I'll probably color it back to my natural color.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  12. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

I started highlighting in my 20s and added more and more as I started to grey. I despise going to the salon, though, and so around 10 years ago, I started just coloring it at home using good ol' Clairol Nice & Easy. Since I have a mix of grey and non-grey, it just kind of naturally highlights itself if I keep it colored. I probably re-color about every 2-3 months and use a root touch up powder in between. My mom has beautiful white hair so I hope mine will be the same when I eventually give up the coloring.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  13. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

I was a strawberry blonde as a young child, then my hair gradually darken to dark brown with red highlights.

As a teen (late 60's) I used "Sun In" to lighten it a bit. In my 40's I colored it to cover the gray until I noticed that my hair was falling out like crazy. so I stopped. My current color is a silvery gray ... I wear it long and usually pulled back into a ponytail.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  14. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Yep, I tried "Sun In" a few times during the summer as a teen. I had noticed once that my hair had a copper red tint to it when lightened by the sun. I loved it and wanted to help it along. Didn't work so I gave up on having copper red hair.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  15. norton94

norton94 Thank goodness I'm still a Well-Known Member

Absolutely I color!! I've been messing with my hair since I was like 14. I am blond and I don't color underneath for added dimension. I get a partial highlight about every 3 months and then have an appointment in between with just a few foils on my part. My dad was 100% gray at 35, which I have not taken after him thankfully, but I am starting to get grays by my hairline and by my ears LOL

weaselwatchr likes this.
  16. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

I have been dyeing my hair for about 15 years but the same color as my natural color. I tried blonde and it was not a good fit. I’m happy to be auburn brown. Left is me normal - right blonde. I just couldn’t get used to roots.

3995C52F-5911-43BA-A30F-7D7532EB7F7C.jpeg 662CAF99-19C6-4C8D-B65F-39D4E45C1066.jpeg

weaselwatchr and Karen like this.
  17. quietgirl

quietgirl Active Member

Nope! I hate to sit at the salon. My hair color is decently even as it grays. my stylist says she has only 15 of us who don't color-out of 300 clients!

weaselwatchr likes this.
  18. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

I was in the grocery store yesterday standing in line to check out. The woman behind me started to rave about my hair ... the color, the length, the curls at the bottom. I've been complimented on my hair before, but dang it makes me uncomfortable, it's all natural I have NOTHING to do with it, except I whack off the ends when they start hanging out of my twisty-turvy towel.

weaselwatchr likes this.