toasted | Pad Patter 8 Oct

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bellbird, Oct 8, 2021.

1. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

DS can eat 4 slices of toast for breakfast without even blinking but switches to crumpets sometimes and adjusts the dial but never adjusts it back til he uses it again, and i never really check before putting bread in (mostly from the freezer so it's not a huge issue but sometimes i end up with charcoal and it's not my preferred level of re-cooked bread). DD won't eat toast at all, just what she calls 'slightly warm bread' which is not even waiting for setting 1 to finish and pop up.

So today's question is where on the toast spectrum does your ideal toast sit?
    [​IMG]
    Or i found this paint chart kind of colour name version which i think is funny.
    [​IMG]
    Mine's somewhere between Chestnut Slice and Buttery Khaki lol

And if you don't eat bread, do you own a toaster?

2. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

Ditto! :-) I very rarely actually eat toast though, mainly just when we have BLTs. And it's wheat bread, so it looks darker than the graphic. LOL Since I gave up pop-tarts ages ago, I rarely use the toaster at all. It gets used more by other family members for sandwich rolls, English muffins (which I guess is similar to a crumpet?), bagels, etc. than it does for regular toast.

bellbird likes this.
  3. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I like my toast between 4 and 5, more like 5 if I had to pick one.
    And "Chestnut Slice" looks perfect to me!
    I only toast bread a couple times a month though, usually for avocado toast.

bellbird likes this.
  4. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Very rarely eat toast on its own especially for breakfast but my choice would be around 4 or Buttery Kahki I'd say....basically just toasted but not too dark

bellbird likes this.
  5. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

General concensus is between 4 and 5, lol. Our toaster is terrible and burns toast daily. I literally have to watch it like a hawk and constantly pop it out before it turns to cinders. It goes from 2 to 7 in a heartbeat. And then I get annoyed. Going to get a new one for black friday I believe. Scraping toast is the worst.

bellbird likes this.
  6. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I'm between 4 and 5, too.

bellbird likes this.
  7. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Lol I know! First World problem but it's a close second to cleaning the sink out after scraping the matte black toast to me

8. tanteva

tanteva Even the professionals are bewildered

5. Maybe 6.

bellbird likes this.
  9. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Another between 4 and 5. If 5 didn't have the black top edge, it would be perfect.

Having not eaten toast for over 3 years, it is such a treat to me now. I've been eating a lot of ham salad sandwiches during the hotter weather and putting it on toast is perfection.

bellbird likes this.
  10. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I don't eat a lot of bread but occasionally will have toast with peanut butter or with margarine and fried egg overtop. I like a bit crispy so 5 is perfect for me.

bellbird likes this.
  11. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

It really depends on what type of bread. 3/4 for sourdough, 4 for sure for wheat/grain & maybe even 5 for raisin bread (my fave with butter &honey!!) ;) Mmmm now I'm hungry for toast! This one is my fave!!!
    upload_2021-10-9_10-16-6.jpeg

bellbird and IntenseMagic like this.
  12. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Same here, but leaning more towards Chestnut Slice because I do like the crust a little more brown.
    I just got an air fryer/toaster oven combo, so I ditched the regular toaster.

Yum! I love cinnamon raisin bread!!

bellbird and amien1 like this.
  13. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

14. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Between a 4 and a 5, depending on what I'm eating. Like the 12 grain/15 grain bread, I like it more like a 5 when I'm having it with peanut butter and banana. But for a BLT, I lean more towards a 4.

bellbird likes this.
  15. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

4 or 5.
    Chestnut slice is basically the one I would choose but the top left edge is a touch burnt for me.
    Hubby toasts his bread and then waits for it to cool. Whereas I add the butter while it is still hot to make it all melty.

bellbird likes this.
  16. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I prefer between a 4 and a 5 too. We go in spurts here making toast. I also like bagels and sometime English Muffins with butter and a little cherry jam. I always check the dial before I put my bread in the toaster too... I've been burned too many times in the past when I forgot to check (pun intended) :giggle

bellbird likes this.
  17. LivyBug

LivyBug I should be considered yarned and dangerous.

3-4 or buttery khaki haha

bellbird likes this.
  18. Mrsdudds

Mrsdudds Well-Known Member

My toast has to be number 5 or 6, but my son is forever adjusting the dial on the toaster. His toast is like warm bread at number 2 or 3 YUK

bellbird likes this.
  19. mary kate

mary kate Well-Known Member

I used to go for an 8 on the toast spectrum (I loved burnt toast, I have no idea why...), but nowadays 4 looks just about right to me.

I love buttered toast with strawberry or raspberry jam, and a few slices of cheddar on the side. I also love baked beans on toast, with a few slices of cheddar on the side.

bellbird likes this.
  20. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

5 or buttery khaki! 1- 3 are in the "why bother toasting" category to me.

bellbird likes this.