October Random Challenge

Discussion in 'October 2021 Challenges' started by MrsPeel, Sep 28, 2021.

1. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Hello hello!!! Hope everyone is having fun!!!!
    Unbelievable we are already month 10!!!!!
    After so many years among so many of you talented ladies with a passion for Autumn, you got to make me like the season a lot more I used to..... I love the colours and the fact that there is Pumpkin here in the UK (is the ONLY time a year we get proper pumpkins!) and Halloween that gave me so many years of fun with my daughter and the friends, trick or treat... but taking that my "child" ons now 25 and not much for me to do in the dressing up sense... for this month random challenge we will go scary, but not necessarily Halloween....

This month I would like you to scrap a NIGHTMARE.
    This can be a dream you had, a bad dream, that you woke up and couldn't shake, or a moment in your life that you were either scared or ...well....anything you would categorise as a NIGHTMARE!!!!!
    It could be something that never happened but you consider it to be a nightmare if it would....
    whatever the interpretation..... show me your nightmare!

So here is mine...... a nightmare that took years until we got rid of!!!!!!!
    A very awake nightmare...a NITmare!!!! head lice and Sarita .... still gets creepy just by mentioning it!!!!
    Made a couple of pages because Valeria's and Mirjam's releases`ses are soooooooo amazing, so one more artsy, one with the photo!!!! I may add the journaling later in the week on the first one :)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

As always, please remember the monthly challenge rules: Your page must contain at least 75% Lilypad product. Your page should be posted to the Lilypad Gallery and then linked to the October Challenge Layouts thread so it can be tracked, and to this thread.

The Lilypad uses a percent system for our challenges; the number of challenges you participate in determines the store discount you will receive at the end of the month:

2 challenges = 10% off
    4 challenges = 20% off
    6 challenges = 30% off

If you complete 7 challenges, you will receive a coupon for 30% off, plus you will be entered to win a $50 gift certificate from the Lilypad! The first seven challenges will be posted on the first of the month; the eighth challenge is the BYOC challenge, which is posted on BYOC release day. Each page counts for one challenge (you cannot use one layout for multiple challenges).

Have fun!!!!

Last edited: Oct 2, 2021
    umyesh and HeatherB like this.
  2. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

3. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

So happy you're back! :beat
    Have I told you that I don't "like" your challenges at all? They make me dig deeper than I am willing to... :huh

So here's my page, it's about a miscarriage...
    [​IMG]

MrsPeel, mywisecrafts and AJK like this.
  4. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

I took my page over to the lighter side...I really don't like this color! :giggle:nope:giggle
    [​IMG]

MrsPeel likes this.
  5. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

my nightmare: my real life nightmare is that at this age, I had to put tooth braces and it is awfull!

[​IMG]

zotova and MrsPeel like this.
  6. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

7. navaja77

navaja77 Well-Known Member

8. MariSt

MariSt Well-Known Member

9. bjthomas

bjthomas We will rock you!

ooof. I know what I need to scrap about for this ... I just don't know if I have the emotional strength to scrap it yet :/

MrsPeel likes this.
  10. Mingo08

Mingo08 Ctrl+Z is my friend

I hear you @bjthomas ... I may be in that same boat. Some days, it's like I'm *living* the nightmare, not just having it...

MrsPeel likes this.
  11. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

ugh I know what I want to scrap, just not sure how I'm going to scrap it without photos or buying more product.

MrsPeel likes this.
  12. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

OMG you all are AWESOME!!!!!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the avenue each of you took!!!!!

will be in your galleries soon, but, just in case you don't know me (or forgot due to me being absent on and off!!!) if I didn't yet like your page here, is because I only click "like" once I have commented in your gallery.....my neurological issues are worse and we still don't have the therapy clinic back here :( so this is my way to not miss anyone....

@Eyeore
    ohh Stefanie.... that was my worse nightmare when we were living in North East Brazil, all dirt roads and hills and boy holes and....well, I wasn't very skilled at changing them..... is fine here ion London where we can call the help and they come to us!!!!!

@cinderella
    You know how much I love you and how proud I am of you .... promise I will catch up properly with you tomorrow the latest!!!

@AJK
    Amanda!!!!! LOOOOOOVE the avenue you took with this!!!!!! as usual, you surprise me with your creativity and , in this case especially, make me laugh out loud (which is a GREAT need these days!!!!)

@Ferdy
    awww mas ta fofinhaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!! you look cute!!!!! and hey, take it from me, better braces than you get to my stage and have no teeth!!!!! that is really one of my nightmares!!!!
    :imok :rofl beijosssss!!!!!!!

@MariSt
    ohhh my friend....that is one of the worse nightmares!!!!!! page is as usual, wonderful in that way we have the gift in scrapping, making gorgeous pages of not beautiful moments, stories, emotions..... Huggzzz!

@bjthomas
    Bethany..... I'm here thinking two minds: one is that if you said you "need" to scrap it, is because you want to therefore my challenge could be giving you the right push... I will most certainly be delighted....
    then the other is that, in no way want you to feel pressured to scrap something that will break you emotionally in ANYway..... so feel free, if this is the case, to take a more humorous approach .... I know whatever way you take it to, it will be a more than awesome page!!!!!

@Mingo08
    same I said to Bethany above applies to you..... :heartlub
    on the other hand: I so know what you mean....welcome to my world... I have been in an awaken nightmare for the past 18 years :( (had a failed operation which the other 4 that followed failed miserably in correcting the I initial error, giving way to all the conditions I live with now!)

@littlekiwi
    ohhhhh that is a dilemma Jennifer!!!!!!!
    (I would go with no photos AND get more product :giggle )
    either way you go, I know the page will rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

will be in your galleries later!!!!!!
    thanks for these marvels!!!!!

13. trekmom

trekmom Well-Known Member

14. zinzilah

zinzilah One step at a time

My journalling reads:
    The first time I experienced the sleep paralysis, I was
    truly terrified, it was a little like the "dream-ception"
    that I have a lot, when you wake up in your sleep only
    to realize that you still are asleep and in another dream.
    You only "get it" with hindsight, & keep thinking that the
    one you are in is the real "awake" life. That morning
    though it was different, I woke up, and opened my eyes
    but couldn't move. The effort of trying to move only made
    me panic and become breathless, I wanted to pull in a
    lungful of air, and couldn't even do that, and it felt like
    my lungs were crushed, I also was inexplicably fright-
    ened, not because of being paralyzed or feeling huge
    weight on my chest, but because my friend Pauline was
    there at the foot of the bed, talking to me, and I couldn't
    hear her. When it passed and I sat up, it was like an
    explosion, I burst into tears and vomited and my breathing
    was all over the place, and I couldn't explain to John or
    myself what was going on. I went back to sleep eventually
    and in the morning discovered that Pauline died that night.
    [​IMG]

MrsPeel likes this.
  15. nemi

nemi Well-Known Member

Thanx for the challenge! It's great to see what everybody is doing with it in so many different ways. Here's my take.

[​IMG]

MrsPeel likes this.
  16. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

17. meganmecrazy

meganmecrazy Caution: Randomly Breaks Out into Show tunes

18. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

@MrsPeel, its more that I don't want to buy more product just for one page.....I tend not to buy a lot of, if any product that are this sort of dark in theme.

MrsPeel likes this.
  19. Mrsdudds

Mrsdudds Well-Known Member

My take on the challenge, the photo is of a candle holder had made in memory of our angel baby lost due to miscarriage.

[​IMG]

zotova and MrsPeel like this.
  20. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Thank you for helping me tell this story Cynthia! I might have to scrap more nightmares this month because I had so many ideas come to mind!
    [​IMG]

MrsPeel likes this.