Something Good | Pad Patter 9.11

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, Sep 11, 2021.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

What's something good for you right now?

I know it's really easy to focus on the bad or things that aren't going right. At my home, we have been working on celebrating the good in our lives. It's not always easy, but I find when I look for it, there is always something good to be found.

I'd love to hear about something good in your life right now.

2. bestcee

My something good (so far) was a 10am soccer game! The team played well, and worked together encouraging each other on the field.

meterr likes this.
  3. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I had two job interviews over zoom and microsoft teams (not my fav way of doing it but had no other option) this week during a national then regional lockdown due to Covid - was a 2 week national lockdown then an additional 2 weeks and counting for a regional lockdown. To give context, in March/April 2020 when we were lockdown for 5 to 6 weeks, I had no job opportunities in any shape for 4 months (Feb to Jun) so to have two interviews, one opportunity already applied for and one more to apply for while being locked down is good going.

LivyBug, rach3975, BevG and 3 others like this.
  4. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

Oh man, I really needed this today. I've had a pretty crap week.

My something good- we are going out to the lake house this weekend (even in the rain) to spend some quality time with our Lucy dog at her favorite place- we are going to go for rides in the Gator, swim, boat & paddleboat rides- all her favorite things! (She's sick- and we're not sure how much time we have left with her.)

LivyBug, bestcee and meterr like this.
  5. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Something Good?
    After two years, the V.A. is FINALLY addressing hubster's ankle injury (from Desert Shield/Storm!) and thyroid issue. :D
    add to that, the weather has been terrific -mid 70's the past 3 days! YEA!!! Aaaannnnnnd...I am heading out to the patio to warp 3 looms: one for a rug, one circular, and one large themed weaving. FUn! Hope the bumblebees don't mind, LOL!

LivyBug likes this.
  6. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

The best soap I've ever used is back at my grocery store, after being out of stock for many months (I think as long ago as last fall!). I bought two bottles today! :D

My kids and I had a great evening last night. We enjoy just having discussions often, but sometimes they want some structure. My oldest used an app to put our names on a spinner. When we took our turn spinning, we asked a question of the person on whose name the spinner landed. If it landed on our own name, we asked a question of everyone. The longest discussion and shortest discussion both came from questions of mine. Longest was when I asked would you choose to go forward 5 years or back 5 years in time. Shortest was when I asked them to predict when the roads will mostly have self-driving vehicles (I seem to be the only one interested in that topic).

7. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

The dog is letting me sleep in again. So when we first got him, he let me sleep until 7:30, 8am. Then new neighbors moved in and he switched to barking at 6:25am every morning & sometimes as early as 6am. While I did not enjoy getting up that early, it did give me more time in the morning to get things done. And it was significantly cooler then.

So about a week ago he went back to not waking me up with barking. I enjoy the extra sleep but I miss the extra quiet time before the rest of the family wakes up. The family next door had extra people living/staying there for the first 3 weeks and I think that is what was stirring him up every morning.

8. tanteva

tanteva Even the professionals are bewildered

After no trips for 2 summers, we are now planning a trip for October! Crossing every part of my body that it will be happening. 3 nights at a hotel in my favorite place on earth: Vadstena.

[​IMG]

LivyBug likes this.
  9. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

The preschool I teach at stayed virtual all last year. I helped with their distance learning curriculum and subbed in the public schools (when they reopened in March 2021), but it wasn't even close to the same as having my own class of kids in person. Classrooms are all set up, back to school night meetings have been held (virtually, but still!), and we reopen in person this week!

10. bestcee

Yeah for two interviews! That's awesome!

I love all three of your things, but I will say getting medical issues handled is the best! I hope he starts to feel better.

Yeah!! I love when something is back that was missing.

That's fabulous! And, maybe the dog is showing good watchdog signs?

Planning is so fun! I hope you get to go! It looks fabulous!

Yeah!! Enjoy having the little ones in person!

michelepixels and tanteva like this.
  11. bestcee

I know it's not the happiest with Lucy sick, but yeah for the lake house!

Lots of hugs and love to you and your family right now. Sick pets getting ready to leave us is super hard. We did a favorite thing day with Stitch, and while I still tear up, I also smile at that remembrance. So, I hope it is a wonderful weekend for you.

amien1 likes this.
  12. bestcee

LOL! My kid keeps telling me he won't have to learn to drive, the car will do it for him. :giggle:rolleyes:

michelepixels likes this.
  13. Mrsdudds

Mrsdudds Well-Known Member

Good things right now are

My husband seems to be taking positive steps to deal with his anxiety

We have booked a holiday for next year, after not going away for 2 years due to Covid. We have booked to spend 7 days at a fishing resort in Cornwall. The husband and son can go off and fish and I can just relax.

I start my new job in 3 weeks, still working for same company but moving to Human Resources department as administrator.

I have finally got my reading mojo back and enjoying reading again.

bestcee and LivyBug like this.
  14. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

A few good things...
    • The pup is letting me sleep in an extra 15-20 minutes here and there lately. That is huge, b/c she loves to get up at 6 and I hope we eventually get it to 6:45 on a regular basis.
    • Found a huge park that we're going to later this morning with the dogs. It'll be fun to hike around for a few hours and explore a new area.
    • Almost done binging Big Sky this wkend and can't wait for season 2 later this month.
    • Found a good recipe for ranch dressing that I like (I needed a change from having vinaigrettes for a long time).

bestcee, LivyBug and BevG like this.
  15. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I'm back to scrapping daily again after a couple of years of struggling. It really does help with my mood. :)

After weeks of my back "acting up," I'm pleased that I'm back to a less painful existence.

We had some cooler days and nights with much-reduced humidity, and it was awesome. So looking forward to cooler weather.

Fall football is back and I've enjoyed watching games with my hubby again. That also means I pull out my cross stitching (or I end up drawing/sketching/doodling) to keep my hands busy when I get nervous if the game is close. I think I'll be able to finish my Peonies and Delphiniums cross stitch this fall.

LivyBug likes this.
  16. LivyBug

LivyBug I should be considered yarned and dangerous.

I went out to lunch with my bestie yesterday. Hanging out with her is always good, and we went to this DELISH Tex-Mex place. I got tacos al pastor that were so good. Can't wait to go again.

gonewiththewind likes this.
  17. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I was really frustrated more than once this weekend when my ex said that I needed to take the kids to their activities or they wouldn't go at all... but instead I chose to focus on getting extra one-on-one time with each of them + getting to participate in & support something that they love. I spent a couple hours with my son helping him glaze pottery pieces, and I spent a couple hours with my daughter at her reading & book signing from the writing camp she attended this summer. I love to see them pursuing their passions. :beat

Even better, I came home from the reading to find that my boyfriend had done my laundry & dishes (without being asked & just to help me out) and had homemade pizza ready for us to eat before he had to leave for home.

rach3975 and gonewiththewind like this.
  18. bestcee

This is always a game changer for me! I found one that we like, and it's been life changing! So many more veggies get munched by Munchkin and me with a good ranch.

19. bestcee

Yeah for a trip! And yeah for your husband getting some help. It's always nice when those we love take care of themselves.

Huge blessings! Yeah for that! And for daily scrapping.

How fun! That's an awesome treat!

I love how you made a bad situation positive! And yeah for the supportive boyfriend when you got home!

gonewiththewind likes this.
  20. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

We are on the last day of a splendid vacation to the Southwest. It was one of the best trips we’ve experienced even though we had to be careful because of the pandemic-lots of mask wearing, social distancing, and hand sanitizing.