Weddings | Pad Patter 9.5

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, Sep 5, 2021.

1. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I'm just randomly curious about something :giggle
    I have seen several friends on FB mentioning that it's their anniversary lately and it got me wondering how people come up with their wedding date. Is there a significance behind it or ?
    When I got married the first time, I chose May 27...mostly because the number 27 is one of my favs and May seemed like a good month. The second time was just random. I got sent home early from work on a Friday because of flooding, so we decided to run to the courthouse for a license. The lady working said "Do you want to just go ahead and do it today?" and we were both like "Why not"...and that was that.
    My daughter's plan was 10.10.20, but she couldn't get the venue for that date and settled for a week earlier.
    So, if you are married or have been married, how did you choose your wedding date? Was there a significance or was it just random, maybe venue related? Inquiring minds want to know :)

Last edited: Sep 5, 2021
    Cherylndesigns likes this.
  2. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Never been married so no personal experience. But I have a high school friend that was getting married for the 2nd time back in 1999. They decided on 9/9/99 even though it was during the middle of the week! It was also a 2nd marriage for him so it was just a small wedding with family. They figured that would be an easy date to remember.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  3. tanteva

tanteva Even the professionals are bewildered

We got married on April 6, 1994. It was an ordinary wednesday, but we had decided to get married on that day, cuz it was exactly 4 years since we got together. So, we always have 2 anniversaries on the same day. Next year we've been together for 32 years & married for 28. (Amazing, since I'm only 28 years old ;) )

We had a secret wedding. Noone knew before hand, we just informed everybody afterwards that I had a new surname. I really liked that. The wedding day was ours, and ours alone.

rach3975 and IntenseMagic like this.
  4. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

We got engaged in the spring of my senior year of college. DH still had a year to go. (He's 8½ years older but took the scenic route to getting his degree. :giggle) So we decided to do a Saturday in June after he graduated, figuring that would be a good time for most family to be able to come. I think we just liked June 1st for the sound of it, but if it hadn't worked out venue-wise we would have been open to switching. At least that's how I remember it, but we've been married 30 years so who knows how accurate that memory is. :lol

IntenseMagic likes this.
  5. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

8.22.1981 - because we got engaged in Feb, and we thought we could pull a wedding together by August, LOL!!!

bestcee and IntenseMagic like this.
  6. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

July 13 was just when our chosen venue had availability on a Saturday around the time frame we had in mind (a year away from when we were making the plans!). I immediately loved it though because I like contradicting the superstitious idea that 13 is bad luck. :D Last July 13 was our 25th anniversary. Definitely not bad luck!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  7. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

We wanted to be married in the fall, and when we saw that one Saturday was 10-4, we thought that was cool. 10-4 - the day we said yes!! Easy to remember.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  8. IntenseMagic

That's definitely an easy one to remember!

9. IntenseMagic

The second time we didn't tell anyone until afterwards either...like "hey, we're married now" lol
    Congrats on your long marriage, and especially being so young! :giggle

tanteva likes this.
  10. IntenseMagic

:giggle Scenic route!! My son got married on June 1st as well and I'm pretty sure it was just for the sound of it.
    DH and I have been married 17 years and that's been long enough for neither one of to remember exactly what date it was on. We know it was either the 14th or 17th of September, but I have to look it up every year :giggle

KimJ likes this.
  11. IntenseMagic

That's impressive!! I'm sure it was beautiful!!

12. IntenseMagic

I love the 13th!! I proved it wasn't bad luck by getting divorced on that day :giggle. And it was a Friday the 13th!

13. IntenseMagic

That's a good one!! I like that!

14. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

We set the date for our wedding in May. We chose the October 23rd, because we wanted to have 6 months to plan. My pastor who is a family friend and also did my baby dedication was going to be in Israel on the 23rd, so we went out one week to the 30th when he would be back in town. Afterwards, we wished that we had gone out further, because Halloween has always been up in our business. LOL I was glad to have a fall wedding because it's always hot here, but we had heavy rains the day before and the temperature dropped into the 40s. It was so cold. We went to the beach for our honeymoon, and it got even colder on Halloween, into the low 30s. The wind was howling around that condo!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  15. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

We got married on December 1st. I'm not sure why, it just seemed like a good date at the time. It's easy to remember, too.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  16. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

We chose June because it seemed like a nice time to get married, it was enough time to get everything planned (engaged in Aug or Sept), and it was a time DH and I could both take off work for a honeymoon. I don't remember if we chose an actual day or just went with what the venue had available that month. Both of my siblings got married on Columbus Day weekend because it was a long weekend in the fall. My sister's date was 10-10-10.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  17. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

Our friends got married on 7-11 for the obvious convenience store, and one on 9-11 - which the wife said he'd have to call if he forgot their anniversary...funny thing? She forgot it one year!!!

18. IntenseMagic

My nephew is getting married on 9-11 this year. I've kind of been wondering why they picked that date, but maybe it is so they won't forget. So funny that she forgot lol

19. IntenseMagic

That's wild! I would have thought that would be the perfect day for a Florida wedding. I guess it made for good snuggling :).

gonewiththewind likes this.
  20. IntenseMagic

I hadn't thought about vacation time playing a factor in deciding, but I just remembered that I know someone who had to plan their date based on that.

rach3975 likes this.