Saturday Share

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, Aug 28, 2021.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Whatcha doing today?

Out and about? Scrapping up a storm? Hanging out? Sports all day?

What are you up to?

Me - I'm off to the Farmer's Market, followed by a youth soccer game, then home to hopefully scrap!

umyesh likes this.
  2. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Been doing my stint at the charity shop this morning. Now resting on the bed with the kindle. In a few minutes I will get up, make coffee,get the paint out and do a bit of the August lesson. Having pork chops,and salad for dinner, so no preparation needed, hopefully we can have dinner on the roof (its,a roof garden like a terrace. ) but I think it will be still to hot.

bestcee and AJK like this.
  3. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Yoga this morning.
    Funeral this afternoon.
    Maybe fishing this evening? And the flower reveal chat of course!

We have youth soccer today too but my uncle’s funeral is at the same time so we have to divide and conquer.

Happy Saturday everyone!

bestcee likes this.
  4. tanteva

tanteva Even the professionals are bewildered

Well, it's 4 pm here and half of the day done. Hubby's been working today, and I have been scrapping. Hubby's doing the grocery shopping on his way home, and I'm expecting him home any minute now. Then I will prepare taco dinner & tonight we'll finish the last 2 episodes of the show we're watching on Netflix (The Forest) & eat potato chips and chocolate. I hope to get some more scrapping in as well, we'll see.

bestcee likes this.
  5. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Looking forward to college football starting today. When not watching that I have weather channel on in the background. I like to keep up with the tracking especially when I know someone in the path. An aunt/uncle are on the periphery of Ida.

Will probably do some scrapping as well. Also, staying inside. Pollen count is high for ragweed which is one of my allergies. And, we have a 50% chance of thunderstorms this afternoon.

6. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I've just sat down at my computer and decided to check in at TLP while my photos import from my phone to Lightroom so I can do my usual weekly scrapbook page. My friend and I walked around the residential neighborhoods of downtown Fredericksburg this morning, then I went grocery shopping. After putting away the groceries, I had my breakfast, hungrier than usual because now I'm eating at 7:30 am Monday through Friday before my school job.

Later, I plan to listen more to the book Leaving Time by Jodi Picoult. I'm on Chapter 28 (of 47) and it has finally reached a point where I want to read as much as I can to find out the answers to the mysterious questions. I have mostly just listened to it while taking my morning walks.

Also, this afternoon, we're receiving delivery of a new dryer. I'm actually looking forward to doing laundry because I haven't been able to (at least not drying it) for a couple of weeks now. :D

bestcee likes this.
  7. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

My grandkids stayed here last week and they will be back on Monday and Tuesday... the last days of the school holidays...
    This morning was busy ...
    I went to the market and after that I did the weekly grocery shopping.
    The house also needed some cleaning - lunch prepared and then I took a nap...
    Now it's time to scrap and drink a glass of red wine ...

8. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

@Nemla Ohhhh, how wonderful to have that option for dining! We had a rooftop terrace in Honduras. I've wanted another one since!

Had a scare with Mom's heart Thursday through Friday morning, waiting on calls. It was exhausting. Thankfully she was able to come home last night. Didn't get much done do to lack of sleep. So I took a nap after breakfast, lol. We have a rally where our son is singing tonight in state capital. Then a quiet Sunday. :)

Last edited: Aug 28, 2021
  9. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

we've been spending a few days staying with my in-laws. Today is our last day. We've been out for an picnic. About to pack ready to return home.

bestcee likes this.
  10. bestcee

Oh nice! What are you reading?
    Your rooftop dining sounds awesome!

I'm sorry! Good luck if you go fishing!

That sounds like a perfect night together.

May your team score more points! And not get hurt.

umyesh likes this.
  11. bestcee

I'm not sure if that's a good ting or bad? Was it interesting before this? or was it more trudging through it?

That sounds fabulous! Especially a nap.

Yeah! I'm so glad for you all! I hope she is healing.

That sounds wonderful! Picnics are so fun!

Angela Toucan likes this.
  12. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Happy Saturday all!

My dd and gd came by for awhile and little Lila (my granddog) stayed to have a play date with Daisy. LOL

I pulled some weeds and put some laundry away (fun, huh?) We're going to go buy some mums, later or tomorrow. I want to get some in the ground for fall.

I need to go water all of the plants, too - it's been looking like rain, but so far, we haven't had any. I just sat down at the computer to check the boards.

bestcee likes this.
  13. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

Today was a lazy day at home. DS and I picked out his senior pictures. Now that I've seen the prices (which they conveniently don't show you when you sign up for the photo session!) I wish I'd just taken them myself, but he hates posing for photos and already did a long photoshoot at school, so he's done. At least there are some nice ones, so it was worth it. I finished setting up a new tablet that I bought for school then did some free shopping (had a coupon that covered the whole cost--love when that happens!). Now I'm going to work on a layout before dinner, and I'll probably scrap again tonight.

bestcee likes this.
  14. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

LOL they didn't play today. That is Thursday night.

But I'm just a fan of college football. It was nice to see fans in the stands for the teams to feed off of. But I also saw a possible COVID super spreader. Hopefully they had precautions in place. Hadn't read anything about the protocol for this game (although other games/schools are requiring proof of vaccinations, negative test within 72 hours and face masks for non-vaccinated attendees).

bestcee likes this.
  15. jagruti patel

jagruti patel Me love cookies! Yum! Yum!

Super hot in Toronto...but went for a walk at a local walk. Got yummy fries. And then slushies and smoothies from McDonald's. Watching Cruela tonight!

16. bestcee

I miss yummy fries!

17. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I helped host a women's breakfast at our church this morning. It was lovely - darn, I forgot to get a photo.

Then I made masks. The DD is back to in-person classes at college and wanted some ones, so we went shopping for fall patterns. Then she wanted to make (or rather me make) some for her friends. So I spent all afternoon making 14 masks. Just a few of them... IMG_20210828_174426870.jpg

bestcee likes this.
  18. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Cleaned up the house a little today and did some laundry. Then, Chance and I went out to dinner and a quick trip to Walmart. We just finished watching our nightly episode of Supernatural together. He's off to his room to game and I am getting some me time. DH is working night shift now and getting ready to leave, so I get a little peace and quiet before bed :)

19. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I was out early this morning for a few hours at the park with the dogs, then home to putter, do some training with Remi and then binged Roswell New Mexico Now we’re watching the new season of American Horror Story

20. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

It's Sunday evening here now....I think, being in lockdown I can hardly tell Monday from Saturday at the moment! Anyway I've been binging reality tv that came on to a streaming platform a few days ago, been following the Paralympics and now I am about to apply for a job....its due at 9am tomorrow morning so I'd rather get it done before I head to bed tonight