Birth Order | Pad Patter 8.8

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, Aug 8, 2021.

1. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

My youngest is 10 years younger than my middle and 14 years younger than my oldest, so he has a lot of the only child traits, too, because he's been one for 8 years or so. I agree that an age gap makes a difference.
    And yes, family dynamic and environment has a great effect on our personality.

My first born was a rebellious teen as well, but my middle was a dream teenager. She didn't drive me nuts until she was "grown" haha

2. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

I have 2 daughters, but they are the opposite of your chart.

I am the 4th of 6, something of a middle child. I don't think I fit the chart, either. I'm actually not sure where I fit in. lol.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  3. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I'm a first born and I definitely fit that list as does my first born.

My 2nd child fits some of those but she also fits some of the 1st born. My 3rd (and I do consider her my middle - she's 3rd out of 4) fits a lot of those middle traits (and can I say she's my most frustrating child...haha! I do love her though!).

My 4 youngest, who are adopted, fit very much into the 1st, middle and last born. Oldest adopted is very much like 1st born. And the 2 in the middle def fit the middle and the last fits the last. I find it interesting.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  4. LynnZant

LynnZant Well-Known Member

I'm a last born. I may be fun, but I'm none of the other things.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  5. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Well, I misspoke.... it was actually 17 kids. 2 died as babies and were older than Dad so he never knew them. One uncle was killed in WWII so I never knew him but Dad did. So Dad grew up as 1 of 15 kids that grew to be adults.

Dad is #8 in the children so close to being the true middle child. Oh, yeah, there were 2 sets of twins as well.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  6. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

That is super interesting!!

Wow!! And 2 sets of twins! That's just crazy to me. Three wore me out hahaha

7. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

This is really interesting in my family. There's 3 of us, 6 year gap, 2 more, 6 year gap, and then 3 more, 7 year gap and baby. The first three of us have very clear oldest-middle-youngest. Then, the next two - oldest & youngest with some middle mixed in. That youngest acts the most youngest compared to anyone but the last kid. The next 3 are also oldest-middle-youngest traits. The baby has youngest/only traits. It makes it interesting when we get together because there are 3 of us that act like we are the oldest!

@Eyeore and @IntenseMagic I'm also an oldest that married a youngest. Although, he has a lot of oldest traits because his dad was paralyzed when my husband was 11. So, suddenly my husband was a primary caretaker afterschool for his dad.

8. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Twins were 3rd pregnancy in 1924 and 14th pregnancy in 1940. First child born in 1921 and last child born in 1944. That child never knew his brother that was killed in WWII. Grandma was pregnant when they got the news their 21 year old son was killed. Notification was made on what would have been his 22nd birthday and she gave birth about 6 weeks later (was about 6 weeks early as well). One of the twins born in 1924 died at 9 days old. The other set of twins grew to adulthood and one of those twins had twins of her own. Both sets of twins were girls.

It really is interesting when looking at this family through the years. For being so big, some of the kids were very close. Sadly there are only 5 of the kids still alive.