La La La | Pad Patter blursday the something of july

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bellbird, Jul 17, 2021.

1. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Random question of the day comes care of one of the roll call questions of the day from the kids' online school this week: what is a song that makes you happy? (right now or always, can be a throwback or current song)?

Bonus QOTD: if you have a pet, do you play particular music or a playlist for your pet?

I might be the last to know but apparently there is a Spotify streaming service just for pets so they can have their own curated music suggestions based on their personalities. I made a bird playlist just in my account at the end of last year with a bunch of songs i'd seen other birds enjoying (head bobbing, dancing to) in videoclips and it's everything from Vivaldi's 4 Seasons to Gangnam Style with instrumental tunes like the Baby Elephant Walk thrown in but the people in the family whinge if i start playing it and that takes half the joy out of it sooooo i haven't really since lockdown and because i don't think real headphones would work on them, it's just the radio for us these days, but i'm curious what Spotify would pick for birds and what other people play for their pets...
    [​IMG]

2. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

3. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I liked Panic! At The Disco beforehand, but when Pete Buttigieg used High Hopes during his presidential campaign, I came to LOVE it. It still cheers me, and I like the video too.

This year I've been much more into AJR. I like all their songs, but here's one that especially cheers me. My daughter, who battles depression, likes it because it talks about accepting being "less sad" is ok. We don't have to feel bad about not being happy.

bellbird, LivyBug and IntenseMagic like this.
  4. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

This is one of my favorites: Walking On Sunshine:

I didn't know there was a music channel for pets. No, I don't play specific music for my pets. They have to listen to what I listen to. Haha

bellbird likes this.
  5. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I love this one!! It always makes me happy!! It's currently my ringtone and text tone :)

Thanks to TikTok, right now I'm loving this one...it's just so fitting right now :)

As for all time, there are so many that make me happy and lift my spirits I don't think I would even know where to start lol

bellbird and AJK like this.
  6. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

and Uptown Funk or

bellbird likes this.
  7. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I had no idea that they had channels for pets. That's kinda fun that they have stations to make your birds dance too! I always love seeing birds bobbing along to music. Hee hee!

One of my oldest favorite songs is called Me and Julio by Simon and Garfunkel. It's just a fun and happy beat!

bellbird likes this.
  8. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

@Cherylndesigns Walking On Sunshine was my FAVE song when I was a freshman in high school, and it's still makes me ridiculously happy to hear it and sing along!

I just discovered this song. I don't normally listen to country, but the lyrics remind me so of me and my husband. Applebee's was our place to go when we were first dating and married. Add to that the fact that most of our dates are super low key, and yeah, we get fancy like sometimes. LOL

Love a lot of Jon Batiste's songs, but I particularly love this one:

Still love this one by Pharrell Williams even though it's 7 years old!

Can't forget Bobby McFerrin's Don't Worry Be Happy:

And I love Red, Red Wine by UB40:

And I've never heard of pet playlists! I love Spotify though, and having all sorts of playlists!

bellbird and Cherylndesigns like this.
  9. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

It just makes me happy too!!

bellbird and gonewiththewind like this.
  10. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

I have music going all the time and I have a few fun playlists I like to belt out loud when I'm doing housework.

This is a current fav of mine that really gets my feet tapping and the vacuum cleaner cleaning!

The video makes me itchy though .... I am kind of creeped out by the video tbh :giggle

11. Mrsdudds

Mrsdudds Well-Known Member

I have so many songs that make me feel happy when I listen to them. But here are my favourites

My all time favourite feel good song, this was our recessional song at my wedding

This one always reminds me of family

And this was my first dance song at my wedding so always makes me happy