The Woman in the Window

Discussion in 'Reading Pad' started by MrsPeel, May 24, 2021.

1. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

I saw they have the movie out now..... if you haven't read the book, I suggest it...is AMAZING.
    Because I have issues with reading and writing and the help I get from the neurology clinic and the Pain management clinic stopped with COVID, Sarita read it to me a few months ago.
    It is absolutely amazing.

I don't think I will watch the movie, because none of the actors they cast are nowhere near my idea of the characters from the book.... very few books I loved made it to screen in a fitting way, actually the only one that has been perfectly true to the description of characters for me is David Sachet as Poirot (Agatha Christie) I started reading her at 12 yea`rs old, and when I first saw the series (here in England and I was well into my 40s) I fell in love because he is EXACTLy what Christie describes.
    I remember not being disappointed with The Shining (also centuries ago LOL)
    I am in a lot of pain and no very social, but I have been thinking this week every time the ad for the movie comes up in TV, to come share with you guys :)

2. norton94

norton94 Thank goodness I'm still a Well-Known Member

I loved that book!

3. meganmecrazy

meganmecrazy Caution: Randomly Breaks Out into Show tunes

I'll have to try the book! I already have it in my list to watch but haven't done it yet.

4. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I thought the same thing about the actors not being right when I saw the trailer for the show! I read the book and those actors are not at all what I pictured in my head. I will probably still watch the show because I secretly love to watch a show/movie made from a book I've read, just so I can say... "the book was better" :giggle

5. Karen

I watched this movie last night while transferring files to my new EHD and I thought it was pretty good. The pace seemed so fast though since it was only a movie and there was so much more to the book. But it was decent.

6. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

This sounds like my kind of book. I'm going to reserve it at our library.

Karen likes this.
  7. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I haven't read the book, but I did see the ads for the movie. I'm still trying to figure out if I'll watch it or not!

Karen likes this.
  8. Karen

The book is better! :giggle

QuiltyMom likes this.
  9. QuiltyMom

Isn't it usually? The only time the movie was as good as the book was The Girl with the Pearl Earring. Saw the movie then read the book ... I was impressed by how closely the movie was to the book!

Karen likes this.
  10. FarrahJobling

FarrahJobling FarrahJobling

I read the book and I watched the movie...both were good. 99% of the time, I prefer the book, but in this case, it's a close call. I thought the main character wasn't very likeable, but I'm a huge Amy Adams fan (she's a local) and I thought she brought something to the character that made her more understandable.

11. FarrahJobling

Have you read/seen Behind her eyes? That's another great book movie combo...but read the book first

QuiltyMom likes this.
  12. QuiltyMom

No, I haven’t. I’ll put it on my list. Thanks for the recommendation!

13. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I loved the book Behind Her Eyes but didn't know there was a movie. I'll have to look for that.
    I'm halfway thru the Woman In The Window and am enjoying it so far. It's a fast read, I should finish it this wkend.

14. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

I need to reserve this at my library.

15. Karen

We LOVED Behind Her Eyes, but I didn't even know it was a book until after we watched the show. Do you think the book would be worth reading after I already watched the show?

16. FarrahJobling

Hmmmm...I dunno....the best part of the book was finding out the twist. The show did a GREAT job though

17. Karen

I wish I could forget the whole thing to see how the book wrote the twist. I bet if I wait a year or two I will forget. Ha ha!

18. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Finished the book, skimmed a bit halfway thru but then enjoyed the later part of the book.

Karen likes this.
  19. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Thanks MrsP ! another one put on hold. (I do get to freeze holds before they're available which if I can catch them like that saves me from having a blitz of books at once.)

Karen likes this.
  20. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Thanks @MrsPeel I somehow missed this the first time!