May Monthly Muse - Week 1

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by ArmyGrl, May 4, 2021.

1. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

Instead of being afraid, I could become something to fear.

Welcome to the May Monthly Muse!

Love them or loathe them, this month’s muse is brought to you by...

drum roll...

the inspiration board.

upload_2021-4-24_9-35-37.jpeg

For this week's Art Muse I challenge you to focus on word strips and word art. Personally, I love word strips. The titles of my art works are often derived from word art and word strips provided by our very talented designers.

From the inspiration board provided, there are many Idea Sparks from the words on the board:

Fairy Dust

I really wish you were here

Sunsets

You are some kind of wonder

You are the sweetest thing
    For the month of May, we invite you to gaze upon the Inspiration Board and pull from it. For this week, I challenge you to focus on WORDS.

Challenge Requirements:

1. For the Art Muse, you may create any style of layout (ie. clean and simple, artsy, pocket style etc.), with or without a photo. Create any size page you wish. The Art Muse is for everyone! So, have fun and see where the Inspiration Board takes you.

2. You can use any products in The Lilypad store or retired products from current Lilypad designers, (just make sure you follow our gallery guidelines).

3. Please post your layout to the Art Journaling Gallery HERE by Midnight, 31 MAY 2021 and post your layout in this thread by copying the "Share BB Code" to the right of your gallery image.

Each post, up to four total, regardless of the week posted in the month of May earns you one chance to win a $5 coupon to the TLP store. Thus

1 Muse = 1 chance to win
    2 Muses = 2 chances to win
    3 Muses = 3 chances to win
    4 Muses = 4 chances to win

I look forward to seeing how the inspiration board inspires you this week.

Happy creating!

Ga_L and LivyBug like this.
  2. LivyBug

LivyBug I should be considered yarned and dangerous.

Loving this mood board!

3. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

4. LivyBug

Well, guess I was quite inspired! Loved this quote...and now I'm adding The Cruel Prince to my TBR. :)

[​IMG]

5. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

This was very cathartic! I chose the word art: "I could become something to fear", and I went with it. 2016 was the hardest year in my life with difficulties, tragedies, and betrayals. I was in a "functional" depression where I got up and did what needed to be done, but frankly, if I hadn't had my daughter to care for, I don't know what would have happened. Through my inability to share my depression with even my husband, I almost lost everything I held dear. I had a wake-up call and slowly began climbing out. I hope my page reflects both sides - the desperation and despair, and the hope that redemption and healing brings.

[​IMG]

6. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

Lillyia and LivyBug like this.
  7. LivyBug

Love your page. :heartlub I only knew because I googled it!

8. Pups_r_Paps

Pups_r_Paps Well-Known Member

9. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Interesting challenge! Thanks!
    [​IMG]

Cherylndesigns and Ga_L like this.
  10. zakirahzakaria

zakirahzakaria Making to-do lists CHECK. Checking to-do lists...

Love the challenge! The inspiration board is lovely too. Hopefully I can scrap a page with this prompt.

ArmyGrl likes this.
  11. CaroB71

CaroB71 Why, yes, I DO know the answer!

I love this inspiration board! Thanks for the challenge :)

[​IMG]

12. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

*Deeply Personal Story! & Reflections!...Stop Here If You Feel You Need To...There Were Tears While I Wrote This...Thanks! Everyone...*

Thanks! For The Inspiration!....I Was Immediately Drawn To ONLY! One Quote:I Really Wish You Were Here...This Is So Perfect For How I Am Feeling Lately...With Mother's Day Just Around The Corner...My Mom & I Were Best Friends!...We Did So Many Things Together!...I Think Of Her Every Day!...But More It Seems These Days!...With The Pandemic & All Of The Stress! Pain! & Health Issues! That I Have Been Going Through The Last Year!...She Just Feels & Seems Closer To Me Than Ever Before!...She Passed Away So Many Years Ago It Seems!...But I Still Feel Her! In My Life!...Hear Her!...Need Her!...Eventhough Her Passing Away Was One Of The Darkest Times Of My Life!...I Fell Into A Deep Depression!...it Took Me Almost 2 Years! Before I Felt Some Semblance Of Right! Again!...& Then My Troubles With My Health Took Hold Some Years Later!...But I'm Not Here To Talk About That Today!...After I Survived That Depressive State!...I Finally Accepted That She Was Gone Physically! From This Planet!...But That She Will Never Really Be Gone!...I Was Terrified That I Would Forget Her!...Her Laugh!...Her Smile!...Her Hugs!...Things Became Dim For Awhile!...But After That Dimness Lifted!...I Remembered Everything! About Her!...& It Remains A Part Of Me! & My Truth! In My Own Life!...She Makes Me Stronger!...She Keeps Me Safe!...In My Heart She Will Always Remain!...This Layout Is A Very Personal! & Heartfelt Tribute! To My Amazing! Mom!...My Life Has Been Enriched! With All The Blessings! She Has Bestowed Upon Me!...I LOVE! You So Very Much! Mom!...Thank You! For Always Being There For Me!...And Always Loving Me! No Matter What!...And For Always! Accepting Me For Who I Am!...Happy Mother's Day!...For Now!...For Tomorrow!...For Always!!!!...I LOVE! You More Than I Could Ever Say!!!...:bk...:bk...:heartslub...:heartslub

*For My Mom:I Really Wish You Were Here Layout-I Used:The Brand! New! iNSD Released Collab : This Is Us : Little Butterfly Wings/Rachel Jefferies/Micheline Lincoln Designs & Pink Reptile Designs

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 7, 2021
    wvsandy, Cherylndesigns and Ga_L like this.
  13. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

inspired by the old art ceiling and walls in the mood board.
    [​IMG]

RJMJ, Nemla, AJK and 1 other person like this.
  14. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

Great challenge, I will come back

Angela Toucan likes this.
  15. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

Awesome challenge!
    [​IMG]

RJMJ likes this.
  16. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Wow! This took me deep! I've been working on my page off and on all afternoon. I kind of ran the circuit of emotions. Thanks for this challenge - at first, I had nothing. As you can see, I had a LOT inside me. I love AJ so much for that very reason. I always "dig deep".

[​IMG]

RJMJ likes this.
  17. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

I'm hoping I did this correctly
    [​IMG]

RJMJ likes this.
  18. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

I'm back with my page, in fact a card. My inspiration was the sweet colors and one of the quote.
    Thank you Lisa @ArmyGrl

[​IMG]

RJMJ likes this.
  19. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

Come on over and join us!!! The inspiration board/mood board will guide us throughout the whole month of May! So, no rush...let your muse and heart lead the way!

20. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

Thank you @ArmyGrl for this challenge!

[​IMG]