Pad Patter 4.12.2021 | Special super power?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by FarrahJobling, Apr 12, 2021.

1. FarrahJobling

FarrahJobling FarrahJobling

Before I became a substitute teacher, my super power was the ability to remember names....now, not so much (at least at school).

DO you have a special super power?

QuiltyMom likes this.
  2. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Thinking of someone and then they either call or show up..a lot of times it is someone that I haven’t seen or heard from in ages..also another super power is thinking of things the exact same time / saying things at the same time as my husband.. I wish I could hone these skills for lottery numbers!! :giggle

QuiltyMom, Nemla, AJK and 3 others like this.
  3. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

The ability to find things, no one else in the family seems able to locate things with nearly the same speed and accuracy as I do.

QuiltyMom, bestcee, Donitab and 2 others like this.
  4. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

[​IMG]

I don't have any. Super power....:giggle

I can write upside down so that other people can read it. And with both my right hand, and my left hand (I'm a righty).
    I can amuse children by whistling like a bird.

QuiltyMom, Karen, Donitab and 3 others like this.
  5. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Ahhh... in my house those that cannot seek well, quickly enough or especially when items are overlooked suffer from "Man Eyes." I'm not afflicted. :P My boys and hubby are... hence Man Eyes.

jenn mccabe, QuiltyMom, Karen and 3 others like this.
  6. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I think my super power is organization. Although after the last couple of years, that super power has taken a hit. It takes energy and concentration to set up an organizational system AND maintain it. My front closet looks like a hurricane hit it because I've been shoving stuff in there since last June.

QuiltyMom, AJK and FarrahJobling like this.
  7. LivyBug

LivyBug I should be considered yarned and dangerous.

Another of your super powers is picking American Idol winners! :giggle:cheer

QuiltyMom, Karen, bestcee and 3 others like this.
  8. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Oh wow - this is so hard because I have so many. J/K - OR maybe not...................:lol:lol

My kids and grandkids would tell you that one of mine is my hearing - they think that's more of a scary thing.

I can type as fast as most people can talk. I used to type my kids' school reports as they spoke them.

Here's the BEST Super Power - (I just KNOW things!!). I really want a T-shirt that says that. I worked for an Entertainment Attorney who was amazed at the things I found out for him. He always said I missed my calling - I should have been a PI.

QuiltyMom, Karen, jk703 and 2 others like this.
  9. FarrahJobling

HA...YES!!! I just know things too.... When I was in HS...a teacher asked some random question and I was the only one who, not only attempted to answer it, but got it right. He asked how I knew that and I said "I just know things" and everyone cracked up....but it's true!

QuiltyMom, cfile and Cherylndesigns like this.
  10. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Then you have it too!! We have to hold this over everybody's heads. I love it!!

QuiltyMom, cfile and FarrahJobling like this.
  11. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

[​IMG]

12. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I don't know if I really have a superpower other than maybe being able to make a sleeve of Girl Scout Thin Mints disappear in the blink of an eye lol. I guess if I had to think of something it would probably be my ability to stay calm in most all situations. I don't really ever "freak out" over anything and am pretty good at calming or talking people down (especially my kids at school who have melt downs).

QuiltyMom, Karen, jk703 and 3 others like this.
  13. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

:gigglepYes! I'm Captain Forgetful! Seriously, I can't remember anything these days, so I may as well embrace it!

But my other superpower is I can make just about anything if I put my mind to it, especially if it's fiber related. I'm currently working on about 5 projects, with about 5 gadzillion waiting to be made. :giggle

jk703, AJK and FarrahJobling like this.
  14. FarrahJobling

I think that might just be the best ones....especially the TM disappearing act. <3

QuiltyMom, Karen and IntenseMagic like this.
  15. FarrahJobling

ohohoh I wanna see!!!

*your post is useless without a pic* LOL

QuiltyMom likes this.
  16. QuiltyMom

Ok, give me a sec...

17. QuiltyMom

Here are a few of my completed "covid crafts" (there are many more in the works!!)

This is an 18th Century/Georgian Era muff, made from silk and stuffed with wool. I'm hoping it keeps my hands warm! (I'm in the process of making a late 18th Century wardrobe, just for fun.)
    [​IMG]
    a pair of fingerless mitts.
    [​IMG]

a wool patchwork pocket. The pocket is worn under the petticoat (skirt) and is literally your pocket to hold your stash of stuff:
    [​IMG]

and embroidered neckerchief (it's about 42" square)
    [​IMG]

I love to do needle felting, and this little hedgehog was so fun to do. Besides, what can be more fun than repeatedly stabbing something with a needle and have it turn out this cute?
    [​IMG]

a needle felted nest:
    [​IMG]

a wool applique candle mat:
    [​IMG]

and an Icelandic-style sweater.
    [​IMG]

jenn mccabe, Iowan, Karen and 4 others like this.
  18. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Same!!! Seriously.

Same! I would also add that I've become the corrector of language...to everyone around me. Haha. I've been working with an Audio Verbal Therapist for my 2 boys for the last 5 years to help them develop their hearing and language. One thing that it has done to me is make me so in tune to EVERYTHING that is being said. Are they using the correct grammar, the right words, are they leaving out contractions, suffixes, articles, etc? Now I can't stop listening and noticing. I've been known to correct adults around me...and I don't realize it until after I've done it. Eeek.

These are awesome.

Karen, Cherylndesigns and QuiltyMom like this.
  19. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

Wow, Jan--those are beautiful! My 2 are the ability to find lost things (unless I'm the one who lost them!) and the ability to read upside down. At school, I can hold a picture book in front of me facing the class so they can see the pictures and I can look down from above and read the story.

Karen and QuiltyMom like this.
  20. Donitab

Donitab If only the TV would yell back

I can write so that you can read it in a mirror - something I started doing in high School. I can also write with my left hand but it is not as pretty

QuiltyMom and jk703 like this.