MONTHLY MUSE CHALLENGE - MARCH 2021 WEEK 2

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by ArmyGrl, Mar 8, 2021.

1. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

march-header-web.jpg
    In the month of March, we take inspiration from Magnolia Journal no.17:
    https://shop.magnolia.com/products/magnolia-journal-winter-2020

"When we look closely at the rings of a tree, often we can perceive more than just the length of its life. Woven into the variation of color are clues about the years that were rich with rain, as well as those that were dry. Signs of bounty, perseverance, and survival. This piece of nature feels especially apt as we look back at the themes of our year: purpose, risk, rhythm, and rest. There is peace that comes with acknowledgement we are not meant to have rings that measure evenly from start to finish. But that in the varied size of each ring, in the ever changing conditions of each year, is the real proof of living."

As we continue into the second week of March, we transition from SPRING | PURPOSE into SUMMER | RISK.

Challenge Guidelines Week 2:

The SUMMER | RISK theme is about choosing courage in the face of the unknown. Once we define our purpose (Spring), we move forward on our path. BUT moving towards that new purpose, that new path, involves risk. Our goal this week and in our layouts is to learn to live with risk.

Therefore, I encourage you to take a risk while creating a layout. Following in the footsteps of @AnneofAlamo who consistently encourages us to think outside of the box, I challenge you to make a layout in a shape other than a box. Shapes include, but are not limited to, circles, triangles, stars, hearts, arrows, silhouettes, or narrow rectangles (such as a bookmark or traveler’s notebook size). I encourage you to create anything other than the typical 12x12 (or 8x8) square or the typical letter or A4 sized. Feel free to take a risk and create in the shape of a castle? A leaf? A butterfly? The choice is yours.

The monthly Art Muse is designed to be a source of inspiration. Thus, you are not REQUIRED, just highly encouraged, to create within a shape. You are very welcome to create any style of layout, with or without a photo, and any size or shape. This is for everyone, so have fun and see where the inspiration takes you.

Please post your layout to the Art Journaling Gallery HERE prior to April Fool’s Day (April 1st, 2021) and then post it in this thread by copying the code (at the right of your gallery image) from the box under "Share BB Code".

We will draw a winner at the beginning of next month for a coupon!! You can use any products in The Lilypad store or retired products from current Lilypad designers, (just make sure you follow our gallery guidelines).

Here are examples of creating with a non-box shape:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And, because we are on a summer theme this week, here is a new layout I created:
    [​IMG]

When I think summer, I think July, lakes, fireworks, and glamping.

I can't wait to see your interpretation of this week's Art Muse. Whether you are inspired by summer, by the overarching theme of life's rings, or creating within a shape...you will make magic!

LoveItScrapIt and G.J. like this.
  2. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

How Cool Is This!!!!!!!!!!...I Remember That Silhouette Challenge From Another MOC Awhile Back!...& The Triangle One Too!...I Did Both Before!...Thinking Cap On For This Challenge!...I Still Haven't Done Week 1's Muse Yet!...Yikes!...Time Sure Does Fly By!!!...Thanks! @ArmyGrl ...

3. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I remember them too. Wish I still had that silhouette. Great continuance of the monthly must, although I don't have week 1 even started. I'll get there. Lovely examples!

4. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
    AJK likes this.
  5. ArmyGrl

The freebie silhouette on top came from Rachel Jefferies MOC7: Whats on the inside.

And I love your Unicorn! I was right...you made MAGIC!!!!!

6. ArmyGrl

Hi! The silhouette was MOC 7, a freebie from Rachel Jefferies, Whats On the Inside. I can't wait to see what you create!!! :byay

RJMJ likes this.
  7. Rachel Jefferies

Rachel Jefferies Designer

Very cool challenge @ArmyGrl and great art so far!!

8. mary kate

mary kate Well-Known Member

9. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

here's mine :

[​IMG]

it was not easy to find something to match with my quarters. so I've created the new part on a torn paper and add kraft paper under to join the background
    here's the part 2 of my project
    2021-03-09-Monthly-Muse-Challenge-Mars-week-2-gallery.png

wvsandy likes this.
  10. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

I guess I'm not very good at coloring inside the lines... And if you can't tell, I'm not a fan of summer.

[​IMG]

ArmyGrl and AJK like this.
  11. Pups_r_Paps

Pups_r_Paps Well-Known Member

I saw a tutorial on creating this grid look and wanted to try it. Thus, I wavered from the "shape" suggestion for this week's muse, unless you can stretch things and say my mask is a "shape" - amorphous though it may be. :-)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 10, 2021
  12. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

13. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

14. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

thank you for a much needed afternoon, thinking about summer and the purpose we have to enjoy every moment!
    [​IMG]

15. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

16. sbpoet

sbpoet Well-Known Member

17. G.J.

G.J. If I Could Turn Back Time

Interesting and fun challenge, here's my take, and I am very pleased how it turned out, since I'm not a big summer fan. Wishing you a wonderful weekend my dear!
    [​IMG]

18. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

19. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

20. CharlotteM

CharlotteM Well-Known Member

I had just written it for the first week, I have never taken part in the monthly muse - and I hope that I have understood all of them correctly ...
    For me, summer means a lot of green and being outside in my natural garden and letting your mind wander
    [​IMG]