Anyone wearing masks in their dreams yet?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by weaselwatchr, Mar 1, 2021.

1. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

I am at the point in the pandemic where I see people in my dreams and wonder why don't you have a mask on? I don't recall having any where we are wearing masks, just wondering why we aren't. Anyone else? Just me. I guess it took a year for it to come to this which is pdd since I have to wear them daily at work.

bellbird and Donitab like this.
  2. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

I watch TV & am sometimes confused as to why they aren't wearing masks. And alot of times, I don't even notice a person's mask anymore. Like I'll walk away wondering what color mask they had cuz I just don't notice anymore. I do work in a hospital though, so I'm sure that makes a difference, sensory overload.

bellbird, rach3975 and weaselwatchr like this.
  3. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

I am thankful to say we have not had to wear masks much at all where I live here in Australia. When I recently started back with my volunteer work in Aged Care I had to wear a mask which on hot summer days is not much fun, plus with wearing glasses I would at times get all fogged up. As of last week we do not need to wear the masks which is great!

bellbird, Donitab, Memaw2Wm and 4 others like this.
  4. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

@A-M One of my dearest friends now lives in Adelaide. His experience has been so different than my California experience during this time.

bellbird, Donitab and bestcee like this.
  5. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

That would require remembering my dreams, so I guess not. But when people in books and movies don't think twice about gathering in groups and going to restaurants, I always have to remind myself that it was pre-pandemic. I wonder how long it's going to take for all of those "normal" behaviors to feel normal again when the pandemic ends.

6. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I actually had a dream the other night that my father walked into my house wearing a mask and looked about 70-75 years old. In this dream he surprised me when he walked in and hugged me saying "I've been vaccinated and I want to hug my daughter". Then I woke up.

In all reality, he passed away almost 5 years ago and was 86 when he died (so would be 91 now) so he never had to experience COVID (thankful for that since he had heart issues and wouldn't have survived if he had gotten it).

That has been the only dream I've remembered that someone had a mask on.

bellbird, Dalis, weaselwatchr and 3 others like this.
  7. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Not in my dreams, but I do catch myself from time to time thinking "why are you not wearing masks" while watching a tv show :giggle

8. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

no people in masks in my dreams... I did find myself once about 2 weeks ago having misplaced my mask in my dreams and panic'd :)

9. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Like Rachel.... I would need to remember my dreams! Wish I did occasionally!

bellbird and weaselwatchr like this.
  10. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

I’ve had similar dreams where I either can’t find a mask to wear or I get somewhere only to discover I forgot to bring a mask.

bellbird, weaselwatchr and cfile like this.
  11. cfile

:) funny isn't it.. I still laugh the first time we walked into the bank wearing a mask... who ever in their life ever figured that was possible LOL and now we all panic in our sleep we are missing our mask.

12. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I watch Love Actually pretty much every Christmas. And usually, I chuckle at the airport scene and think wistfully of being able to meet people at the airport like that.
    This year, I was thinking Where are your masks? Why are you in such a big group? :eek:

13. HavaDrPepper

I think that a lot just watching current happenings on TV!

bellbird, bestcee and weaselwatchr like this.
  14. Cinzia

Cinzia Well-Known Member

I used to watch TV to escape the pandemic but now lots of shows are mask compliant so i have stopped. I haven't gotten to the masking up in my dreams yet, but the let's put on our masks and go to the bank always makes me laugh.

bestcee and weaselwatchr like this.
  15. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

Or "you're wearing that mask wrong" or "why are you taking your mask off?"

And I was in the bank this morning masked up ... didn't think to take a selfie at the door with the bank's name ... what a pandemic-style LO that would be.

Donitab, bestcee and weaselwatchr like this.
  16. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

The funny thing is that I have masks everywhere! At least 3 in my car and a couple in my purse! I could mask an entire family at any point! The mask dream seems to have replaced the "show up to class unprepared" dream ;)

I haven't gone into a bank for a while, but it is pretty crazy that's it encouraged to wear masks in that setting! I hadn't thought about that!

bellbird, weaselwatchr and cfile like this.
  17. cfile

LOL I have a bunch of extra masks too.. they are all in the car for hubby and I ... I also have lots of hand wipes.. in purse in car lol :)

SeattleSheri likes this.
  18. HavaDrPepper

The Ohio Department of Health and Ohio Department of Aging sent out packets of 5 surgical disposable masks to residents (guess those 65 and older since I got one). I put it in my purse in case I forget my regular cloth mask.

I haven't been to a bank in years, even before the pandemic but I do need to go to close out an account in the next week. Should have done it in December but didn't. I also need to get a December statement from them since I no longer have access to the online account... they changed the online platform and my previous login doesn't work. And, why set up one when I'm closing the account that has less the $40 in it.

SeattleSheri likes this.
  19. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I haven't dreamed about them, but I did go out on Sunday for about 15 minutes into a store and it was overly warm and with the mask, I was miserable. I'm also on a hormonal treatment for my type of breast cancer, so I experience random hot flashes. Add into this mix that I am hot natured anyway, well, you can imagine how quickly I snatched that mask off when we made it to the parking lot. LOL I'm really dreading this year when it warms up and having to continue to wear a mask. I usually hibernate anyway during the summer heat, and I think that's what is gonna happen again this year.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  20. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

We are similar! I have a big bottle of sanitizer, in a red bucket with masks in the car ready to be used.

cfile likes this.