February Photography Challenge

Discussion in 'February 2021 Challenges' started by bestcee, Jan 30, 2021.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Routine.

I know so often it seems like life is repetitive. Maybe you feel like every day is the same, and nothing changes. We are going to celebrate the routine, everyday moments in photos. For me, it was the bus stop yesterday. The bus stop is one of those things that I take for granted. Every morning, I head outside with my kid to make sure he is on the bus. And then, in the afternoon, I watch the clock to go back out and meet the bus. This month, for our photography challenge, we are going to take two photos. One of a clock showing the time of your routine (yes, this can be a screenshot of your phone clock), and one that shows the routine. Here's my page:

[​IMG]

What’s a routine? Something you do every day, or almost every day. Maybe it’s a chore like loading the dishwasher or making a meal. Maybe it’s brushing your teeth, or putting on makeup. Maybe you sit down and watch a show daily with your family, or you do the crossword puzzle.

For this challenge, your scrapped page should have 2 photos – one of the clock and one of the routine. I can’t wait to see how you creatively capture your routine!

Your page must contain at least 75% Lilypad product. Your page should be posted to the Lilypad Gallery and then linked to the February Challenge Layouts thread so it can be tracked, and to this thread.

The Lilypad uses a percent system for our challenges; the number of challenges you participate in determines the store discount you will receive at the end of the month:

2 challenges = 10% off
    4 challenges = 20% off
    6 challenges = 30% off

If you complete 7 challenges, you will receive a coupon for 30% off, plus you will be entered to win a $50 gift certificate from The Lilypad! The first seven challenges will be posted on the first of the month; the eighth challenge is the BYOC challenge, which is posted on BYOC release day. Each page counts for one challenge (you cannot use one layout for multiple challenges).

(I'm editing this to add the answer to two questions)

Yes, you may have more than 2 photos as part of the routine, as long as you have the two mentioned above (one of the clock and one of the routine).

Yes, both photos can be screenshots. I'd prefer at least one photo, but two screenshots is okay.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
    G.J., JenEm, EHStudios and 1 other person like this.
  2. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

@bestcee can both photos be screenshots? I have the perfect idea but they’d need to be screenshots unfortunately

3. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Ahhh Courtney!:heartlub Ya makin' me think. Routine is not in my vocabulary since becoming an empty nester! :swinginSeriously, I don't have anything that is "routine", Freebird here, LOL:circles:happydance2 So... switching on the brain power...:thumbsups

Dalis likes this.
  4. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

I have the same problem ... empty nest and retired ...

bjc and AJK like this.
  5. Trish

Trish Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 9, 2021
    G.J. and AgnieszkaAnna like this.
  6. bestcee

I bet there's still something you do that you may not realize!

Checking TLP?
    Watching a show?
    Coffee in the morning?
    A certain bedtime or get up time?
    Church on Sunday?
    Phone Chat with a friend?
    Putting on Makeup?
    Feeding the cat/dog?

G.J., AgnieszkaAnna and Angela Toucan like this.
  7. bestcee

Probably,:think tell me more.

8. littlekiwi

@bestcee
    1) screen shot of my phone for clock
    2) screen shot of an app I check nine million times a day (ok that’s an exaggeration but it feels like it some days) looking for jobs. I more often than not use the app if I’m just looking and only use my laptop when applying for the actual job. If you’d rather me try and take a photo of my laptop screen with the website open I’d totally understand

bestcee likes this.
  9. bestcee

I'd rather the second, but I'm totally fine with the first! I thought it might be an app, so thanks for sharing! I know some apps don't have a good online equivalent, and it might help someone else think of something they do daily.

littlekiwi likes this.
  10. littlekiwi

Thanks @bestcee. By the time I get around to doing it I may have come up with a different idea that actually uses real photos but this was just my initial idea when I saw the challenge.

bestcee likes this.
  11. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

12. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

No pets.
    @bestcee Thanks for the valiant effort to aid! :bk-- you can't please everyone! LOL! Maybe something will pop up later on this month.:ballonhang

bjc likes this.
  13. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

no pets, no church, no make-up, no routine for checking TLP, standing up, go sleep, no tv for me but I have an idea ... instead of having a glass of wine on the weekend I can maybe have a glass of wine every night ...:circles:happydance2

bjc, Nemla, AgnieszkaAnna and 7 others like this.
  14. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

Well, it's a good thing I came back to read the requirements. I took 3 photos of my routine this morning. Back soon with my page.

15. melidy

melidy Well-Known Member

What about...
    Your MOC routine last month?
    Taking medication?
    Breakfast, Lunch Dinner?
    Doing a page focusing on your old work start time and saying your new "routine" at 9 is to have a slower start to the day?

bjc, bestcee, marijke and 1 other person like this.
  16. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

Here's my page for the challenge:
    [​IMG]
    My page for me has two more photos to the left of the bottom photo.

Mingo08 and Angela Toucan like this.
  17. Jennie M

Jennie M Active Member

18. michele hillam

michele hillam Loading up the bookmobile

Can I have more than 2? A clock and 3 photos of my workout equipment?

Mingo08 and Aerobigirl like this.
  19. AnotherAmanda

AnotherAmanda Well-Known Member

20. Aerobigirl

Aerobigirl Well-Known Member

I'm glad you asked this question! Mine is the same. I would do the time, my playlist, my Zoom set-up, and my fitness equipment. They all go together for the story of my Zoom fitness classes.

Mingo08 likes this.