Loving this year's challenges

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges Nine - 2021' started by Monica Moriak, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Monica Moriak

Monica Moriak Well-Known Member

This has been a crazy January thus far, and I am definitely behind a couple of challenges. I just wanted to say how much I love the challenges this year. I have really pushed my creative boundaries and my techniques and program skills. Thank you so much, I can only imagine how time consuming it is to run. I am pushing through and plan to end strong.

bellbird, jk703, melidy and 6 others like this.
  2. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Thanks Monica! We love to see you gals growing in this beautiful art of scrapbooking and sharing it with us!

bellbird and amandaresende like this.
  3. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I don't participate but I do love looking at all the wonderful layouts from the challenges.

If a challenge intrigues me, I will do it especially if it fits what I'm actually scrapping at the time or if it is something that I feel drawn to. But the one thing that I do usually enjoy is if a technique challenge intrigues me, figuring out how to do it in my software feels like such an accomplishment. Over the years some have frustrated me and I've said never again but others I have used more than once.

I now know how to fill shapes and put a whole layout on an angle. I did a layout with a shape (although a dog bone shape would have been really nice for the layout) and love it. I plan to do the "tell a story" but my story isn't finished yet so it will have to wait until summer. And, I plan to interview Peyton in May for her birthday about the first time she met me (and crawled onto my lap barely fitting in my hand). That can be the coordinating layout to her birthday layout.

So even though I don't participate, I do enjoy coming to TLP to see what is up during MOC.

4. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

You could always start now, and then add the rest in the summer.

amandaresende likes this.
  5. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

So glad you're enjoying them Monica! After 9 years, it's become its own challenge to find new ways to keep things fresh! :giggle

6. wvufan04

wvufan04 Well-Known Member

Yes I totally agree - this is the first year I have participated because I didn't know about them before (I am only recently posting/sharing pages really here though I have been gathering goodies for a bit lol). I am so thankful for the challenges because it is keeping me catching up (I am a bit goal orientated and love a good challenge so they are helping my motivation majorly) and I have learned so much by trying new things, and having to figure some new things out but also by browsing everyone's layouts because they are all so inspiring. I also so appreciate the effort the hosts are putting in to help when we get them wrong (which has happened twice now to me, and I hate that) but everyone is so encouraging.
    I think I am planning to go back to do the 2020 challenges in a couple more months, just for myself to keep pushing myself and learning (hopefully those stay up - but maybe I should copy the challenges somewhere in case). I know I may not get to that right away, but am planning to just to see if I can do the challenges.

bellbird, jk703 and amandaresende like this.
  7. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Nah, rather do it all at once. Too confusing for me otherwise since I don't know what will happen in the next 4 or 5 appointments.

bestcee likes this.
  8. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I do feel that this year's challenges haven't been quite as challenging technically as previous years, although those journaling challenges have been next level.
    Part of me is still waiting for @AnneofAlamo with her challenge and I wonder what that will be this year.

9. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

@Monica Moriak
    I just want to thank you, the ladies in the back really are doin
    well, you might stalk the blog on Thursday, I have hints of challenge to come! bhwhwahhahah

StefanieS likes this.
  10. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I'm so glad you're enjoying the challenges Monica! I agree, they have been challenging me too and I love the push out of my comfort zone! :agree