Shorty ankle boots| pad patter 01.25.2021

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by FarrahJobling, Jan 25, 2021.

1. FarrahJobling

FarrahJobling FarrahJobling

I have a couple of pairs of knee-high boots but I recently bought some shorty ankle boots...They came in today and they are super cute, but I don't know what to wear them with???

2. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

My girls and I wear them with skinny jeans and with casual dresses. I think Aspen has 6-8 pairs, that we share. I say share but usually I just wear hers if she's not. :giggle

She just got 2 new pairs a week ago, so who really knows how many she has!

FarrahJobling likes this.
  3. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I have one pair of ankle boots only that I actually haven’t worn yet. I’ll probably end up wearing them with skirts and some tights that I’ll get from Snag https://snagtights.com/ it’s almost impossible for me to find tights that fit a plus size body but aren’t built for someone 6 feet tall but these guys do so it’s worth it for me to order from the UK. I’m just waiting til I lose a wee bit more weight as I’m currently between sizes.

4. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I wear mine with pants, with and without tight leg openings. My DD wears hers with dresses.

5. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

Aspen got these from Roolee
    [​IMG]

And these from Bohme
    [​IMG]

I haven't worn them yet, but I'm planning to, soon... maybe for date night this weekend.

6. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I wear them with literally everything - except shorts because I don't wear them anymore. Jeans, leggings, long or short dresses, dressy pants... I have three pair and I'm about to wear them out. Thankfully I've been able to pick them up at our local Salvation Army thrift store (barely used) so I've gotten them at a discount.

7. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Mostly jeans because that is what I wear when I leave the house! When I still worked I wore them with my good pants and jeans. Mine are strictly for cooler weather though, would never think of wearing them in the summer. I got my first pair just to keep my feet warm at work and I hated wearing knee high boots to work (unless there was a lot of snow on the ground). So mine are for function, not fashion. Also, I actually cannot wear knee high fashion boots. I can't bend my knee in them because they come up too high on my short legs... so another reason for ankle boots.

8. Donitab

Donitab If only the TV would yell back

I agree that they really go with just about everything. They look great with skinny jeans, leggings, skirts - just go wild.

9. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I wear mine with my straight leg jeans. My granddaughter wears them all time and looks so cute in them. She wears them with skinny jeans and tights. I love my regular height boots.

10. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

i think 99% of the time i wear them with jeans- i gave up on trying to buy tall boots for years b/c i could never get them to zip over my calves and they just felt uncomfortable anyway- DD has worn short boots with her school uniform (tartan box pleat skirt) for the last 3-4 years

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  11. Cherylndesigns

That's a real problem that a lot of women have! My granddaughter can't get tall boots up over her calves either. Booties have been a Godsend to her. I remember my sister couldn't even get the zip up boots to fit over her calves. Luckily, I don't have that problem so most of my boots are tall.

12. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

it used to bug me but i think it helped me make the move from 'fashion' to 'comfort' rather quickly!

13. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I love them on other people, especially with skinny jeans and dresses! They are so cute! But I just can't pull them off. I've tried, but always go back to my knee-high and over the knee boots.

14. Cherylndesigns

Comfort is way more important than fashion. I'm more comfortable in tall boots. I don't look good or feel good in booties. That's why they make so many different styles - I say wear what feels good. Ava DOES have some "fake cowboy boots" that are booties and I want some. She got them at Walmart - she had them on with her boot cut jeans the other day and I said "Hey, you found cowboy boots that go over your calves!". She lifted her jeans up and she had on cowboy "booties". SO cool!!

bellbird likes this.
  15. Cherylndesigns

You need a boot jack, Jan! I can't get any of my boots off without it. You step on it and put the other foot in the "jack" and pull. Voila! Off it comes!

Here's what mine looks like:

S22W Wooden Boot Jack1.jpg

Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
  16. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I don't have a problem zipping boots over my calves. I just have the problem of them hitting me behind the knee when I'm sitting down and digging in. That is extremely uncomfortable! And, over the knee boots just wouldn't look right since I'm so stinking short. Heck, they'd probably come up too high and hit me in another uncomfortable place when I'm sitting :nope

17. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

We used those to get our riding boots off when I was growing up. Basically English riding boots are what tall boots are now, but stylish. Back then they were functional. :giggle I loved that boot jack though... mostly because my Mom could get her own boots off with that thing and I didn't have to do it for her when she'd just been walking through the barn... if you know what I mean. :rofl

18. Cherylndesigns

I do know what you mean. ROTF I didn't ride English, but Western and walked through my fair share of "that". :giggle:giggle:giggle

I wore boots for so many years and before we went to Texas one year and I found this boot jack, I used to sit down and just hold my feet up and the kids knew to pull my boots off. Just like your mom. Hahaha

Karen likes this.
  19. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

That's so fun! We did ride western some too, especially when I was younger. I liked it then because I loved having the saddle horn to hang on to. And I felt like a real cowgirl. :giggle I think we only switched to English when my Mom started taking riding lessons so she could do dressage shows or something. Funny I can't really remember.

And wow, this thread took a turn from cute ankle boots to messy horse boots in a hurry. Sorry about that. :rofl

20. Cherylndesigns

LOL Karen. I always wore cowboy boots and they're hard enough to get off. I know that English boots are much higher and tighter. You really do need a boot jack or a person to pull those off. I only rode English a few times, but I liked that saddle horn to hold on to. LOL Also, the English saddle is SO small. My granddaughter, Alyssa, rode English for several years though. We sure did wade through some horse "petunias". LOL

Karen likes this.