slippers ? in out and about?|pad patter 1.20.2021

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by AnneofAlamo, Jan 20, 2021.

1. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I am a lover of slippers (not to the store)!
    We have a firm rule in our home, slippers are for in the house and not the store. (I am also big on no pajamas out of house)
    Do ya'll wear your slippers/ house shoes out of house?

but real reason for this intriguing post, is I got some really nice slippers, and they have almost killed me. They seriously slip/slide on the tile in my kitchen. Any one have this happen? I am loving the way they cling to my feet, and the style, but only on my carpet!
    help!

keepscrappin likes this.
  2. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

slippers inside, shoes etc outside keeps the carpets clean(ish).

Tronesia and keepscrappin like this.
  3. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

We only wear slippers in the house too. I guess we have been known to wear slippers to grab the mail from the mailbox or take trash to the curb but never to the store. We joke about how our Walmart always has people in pjs and slippers... it boggles my mind!

I will admit that I have worn my bathrobe over my swimsuit home from water aerobics with my snow boots on in the winter, but I’d never wear that to the store. :giggle I wish the pandemic would end so I can get back to water aerobics.

oh and to answer your question about the slippers, I have had ones that slip and slide on the tile and wood floors so I got rid of them. This year for Christmas I got some ankle socks that have rubber on the bottom from old navy and I don’t slip with them. :agree

4. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Slippers or slip on shoes from Wal-Mart in the house at all times. I cannot go without shoes ever! I have worn the slippers to walk down my driveway to the mailbox but since I've been wearing the slip on shoes most of the time lately, it's not so bad to go outside in them especially if there is any moisture on the driveway (snow today).

I never wear slippers or pj's outside of this house. Heck, I don't even wear sweatpants when I'm out and about. The only time I ever wore any type of sweatpants outside of my house was when I worked out at a gym over 10 years ago but in all reality it was actually work out clothing and not my around the house sweatpants.

My problem with slippers is because of sizing. They usually cover more than one size and if I go with my regular size I can't wear socks (and I have to wear socks especially in the winter because if my ankles/feet are cold I'm totally miserable). If I buy the next size up, they end up being too big and I can walk out of them unless they are MukLuk types. But that type I can't put on quickly when I'm half asleep and have to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. I need easy to get on slippers for that. So yeah, I do have multiple styles of slippers.

I have a favorite style that is very hard to find at times so I have gotten to the point that when I do find them, I buy several pairs. Have a couple in reserve in my closet right now. Same with my slip on shoes. Got 2 or 3 pairs in reserve.

5. sakura-panda

sakura-panda Well-Known Member

I keep slip on shoes at the doors and I swap out my slippers for them when I go outside. I don't like overwarm feet, so my slippers are open back and I can slip my feet out when I'm not walking around. They have hard soles that don't slide easily on the floors.

Pre-pandemic, I always changed my pants and put on makeup whenever I left the house. Since the mask and my glasses hide my favorite mascara and lipsticks, I've given up the makeup, but I still change out of my sweats or yoga pants (and put on socks) when I leave home. I'm flabbergasted by people that go out in their (obvious) pajamas and slippers too.

6. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

My feet are always, always, always cold (thanks, Raynaud's!) so I always have socks on & sometimes have slippers on. My favorite type of slipper is one that is like a boot so it goes up my ankle and my toes (or other parts of my feet) are not exposed and cold.

We don't wear shoes in the house so our most-used ones are by the back door (so easy to access for running to the mailbox or going to the store) with less-used ones (like snow boots) by the front door. I keep a pair of slides by the back door for running to the mailbox, etc. but I have a thing with my shins and slip-on shoes so I don't wear those if I'm going to a store where I need to walk around.

7. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Slippers and PJs in the house only around here. I usually only wear slippers in the winter when my feet are cold.

8. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

I have a pair of Birkenstock's that are my indoor shoes, otherwise know as my slippers. I allow myself to wear them on the lanai and in the garage, and sometimes I forget I have them on and walk across the street to get the mail. Oops! We have tile floors throughout the house, and if I didn't wear my Birks, my feet and legs and back would be in so much pain.

9. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I love being barefoot, but do keep a pair of slippers handy if I am going to be walking around in the house. Because if I am sitting and my feet are cold, I turn on the electric blanket. Right now my feet are all toasty while the blanket heats them up.

My slippers do have hard bottoms (almost like boots) so I wear them outside to get the mail - when there is snow on the ground - otherwise barefoot it is to get the mail.

10. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I’m a barefoot gal almost all year.....I hate my feet getting too hot.

11. rlucasmn

rlucasmn Headed to Craigh na Dun... and beyond

I'm usually in my slippers, all the time, as I work from home and have planters fasciatis, so my doc insists on shoes, no bare feet. Plus, pretty cold in winter. Funny thing, I've gotten so used to my slippers as my main shoes being I'm home all day that yesterday when I went out to attend my daughter's hockey game, I forgot to put my shoes on. Didn't realize it until we got to the rink - 20 minutes away. :crazy3Good thing they are a solid pair of slippers that almost could pass for a pair of boots/clogs! :giggle

12. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I have 3 pairs of slippers. The two with hard soles have sometimes gone out to the school bus stop when we are running late to hurry in front of the house.
    One is the slide on type, one is the ankle - boot type. And the third is a magical pair from my friend. It has USB heating pads inside! So, when my feet are extra cold working at my computer, I slip inside them, plug them in, and toasty feet!

Donitab likes this.
  13. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I have several pairs of slippers. I have these boots that I love, but I go through them pretty fast. They don't really have a sole - so I wear them out fast. I'm down to 2 pairs now. I have another pair of slippers with harder soles that I can wear outside, and I have another pair of boots that I DO wear out, even if they are labeled as slippers. They look like shoes to me. In Florida, I only word flip-flops or went barefoot in the house. It took me awhile to get used to wearing any type of shoes again. Most of my outdoor "shoes" are boots. They're the most comfortable to me. I have lots of boots.

@AnneofAlamo if you have slippers that are that slick- try using sandpaper on the bottoms. If that doesn't work - you'd best get rid of them. I had some just like that and they're not worth falling down. Give them to somebody who has carpeting. I had some that were like ice skates.

14. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I seldom wear slippers at all. I'm usually in warm fuzzy socks around the house (or barefoot in summer) and put my shoes on when I'm on my way out the door.

15. HavaDrPepper

Tell me more about these! My feet are always cold.

16. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

She bought them at Walmart. I'm sure you can find them elsewhere? They have a zipper so you can tuck the cord in, or pull it out to heat. They don't store the heat, but they do hold it pretty good for a bit. So, I usually only use them when I'm sitting for awhile. They look like this:
    [​IMG]

17. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I'm like @littlekiwi . . . I prefer to go barefoot when I'm inside the house. That's because most of the year, it's warm here in Florida.

There are times, like now, when we get pretty cold weather in January and February. I will wear slippers then. They are soft and almost like a sock but have grippers on the bottom.

I do have a pair of flip flop slippers. The look just like flip flops but they are soft with a non-skid rubber sole.My feet don't get too hot in them. :)

And I never wear PJs or slippers out in public. I have been known to go on the back patio in my PJs but it's only for a moment or two.

18. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

In the last few year, my feet have told me in no uncertain terms that they really don't like to be barefoot anymore. :( So yes, I wear slippers with a sole in the house most of the time. Since they do have a sole, I have been know to go get the mail in them or take out the trash, but never to the store. And mine don't slip even on my tile floor... which is good because I'm such a clutz, I'd probably kill myself with slippery slippers. :giggle

bestcee likes this.
  19. HavaDrPepper

@bestcee Thanks! According to Wal-Mart those aren't available at my store. But I found a whole bunch of different kinds on Amazon. I'll have to look into it some more.

bestcee likes this.
  20. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

My "slippers" are actually soccer slides ... so they have hard soles which I need b/c I do run outside in my jammies in cold weather to start my car in the mornings, plus I'll take the trash and/or recycles from my kitchen to my trash/recycle carts. I'd never wear jammies to the store ... but once I made it to work with my soccer slides on ... oops! Good thing we didn't have any clients coming in that day.

Donitab likes this.