Color Of the Year | Pad Patter 8 Jan 21

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bellbird, Jan 8, 2021.

1. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

I know there is a ton going on in the world which is maybe why i feel like we're late in discussing this but have you seen Pantone's Color of the Year for 2021 yet?
    I think they broke with tradition and have given us a colour pair this year for the first time in the 20 years they've been doing this (i might be wrong, i've only been following this for about half of that time). Anyway, here they are.
    pantonecoloroftheyear2021-01-09 135214.jpg
    Here's what they have to say about them:
    pantonecoloroftheyear2021-01-09 135215.jpg

Usually I love (in a kind of sarcastic way) how Pantone discuss their choice, (it usually sounds like a lot of elaborate, meaningless rubbish to me) but this year I feel like they are using less flowery language and maybe it's because the 2 colours together remind me of 2 of our pet birds and words like 'bold, solid, energetic, cheerful and resilient' also suit them, and we have had furniture in a gray yellow combo for a several years and i still love it so I agree with their practical and warming assessment.

So what do you think of Ultimate Gray and Illuminating yellow?

2. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

Yellow and grey possibly are my least favourite colours.
    For some reason I do use a fair amount of yellows in some of my digital scrapbook pages.

bellbird likes this.
  3. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

I think i've always liked them because it makes me think the sun coming out from behind grey clouds, y'know - anyway, just wanted to say i love your all red siggy!

A-M likes this.
  4. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Oooh I love the yellow!! One of my favorites! Not really for wearing or anything because I look awful in bright colors, but def a fav to look at. I guess because it does remind me of sunshine and gives me a feeling of energy! I do like the yellow/grey combination as well.

bellbird likes this.
  5. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

I actually quite like those two colors together.

bellbird likes this.
  6. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

I know what you mean, clothes-wise, I've never met a yellow shirt I could wear

IntenseMagic likes this.
  7. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Grey is my fave! I love it - and I like the colors together! I'm excited they picked a non-color for once!

bellbird likes this.
  8. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Meh. Not a fan.

Now I don't mind yellow and grey together but not that yellow.

bellbird likes this.
  9. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

That is a beautiful yellow! Sunny cheerful yellow has been my favorite color since I was teenager in the 1980's.
    I'm neutral about the gray. Which I guess is funny because it's a neutral color. :D

bellbird likes this.
  10. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I actually once painted our homeschool room this duo.
    the next day I covered it with teal! Yellow on the wall did not feel happy, my boys said, it looked like urine on the wall! bhahhhwhahah

Memaw2Wm and bellbird like this.
  11. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I'm a fan of a more muted yellow, but I do like the two of these paired together!

bellbird likes this.
  12. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

Yellow is my favourite colour in the whole world. And I know this sounds childish but is has been my fav since childhood.
    So I am in LOVE with this. This light grey looks gorgeous with this fresh yellow too. I want to paint my whole house in it.

Over Christmas break I painted two nightstands in this type of yellow, not knowing it was the new colour of the year.
    D3197D7F-8080-43F4-9180-ED152F63DE71.jpeg

bellbird likes this.
  13. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

:compcoffeeGood one!

michelepixels likes this.
  14. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

:compcoffee I don't know that I can ever look at yellow walls again and not think that! You've made teal sound much more appealing!

15. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Clearly you were born ready for 2021! I hope it's a sign that it's a much better year for you (& everyone really!)

berniek likes this.
  16. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I always chuckle at their elaborate description of the color(s) they pick. :giggle Those two definitely go well together and it's fun that they picked two this year. I keep trying to convince myself to paint my bathroom in greys... I was thinking a dark grey for the cabinet and a light gray for the walls, but then my hubby said he'd hate it with our current tan tile floor. I never even thought of that. Lol.

17. fruitysuet

fruitysuet Well-Known Member

I'm not a big lover of grey (ugh vibes of school uniform), but I do love this yellow hue they have chosen and I do like their reasoning behind the pairing.

18. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Honestly, these two colors don't do much for me. I love yellow, but I don't care for this "shade". They both look a little "underwhelming" to me.

bellbird likes this.
  19. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

Yellow and grey are just about my least favorite colors!

bellbird likes this.
  20. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Together they are ok, barely...... but that grey is dead, not calming ,just dead...and I like other greys a lot.

HeatherB and bellbird like this.