just purchased NBK ac 34 and also december spirit and get an error message

Discussion in 'Help Pad' started by bjc, Dec 28, 2020.

1. bjc

bjc Trophy Wife

i am in the middle of doing a layout and needed them so hope someone can help me . i get a message when i try to use the items that the icc profile description is invalid HUH? i have downloaded and used many many products and have nver gotten that. hope someone can help

2. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

Sounds more like a software glitch, but I sent a FB message to Nicole anyway. Hope it resolves soon!

3. bjc

bjc Trophy Wife

thanks... at the same time i had downloaded the style from her that makes paper look knit and that worked fine. so hope i hear soon. thabks so much

4. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

5. bestcee

Quick thoughts: What's your monitor? What's your Operating system? What version of Photoshop are you using?

6. bestcee

Also, sorry! I didn't mean to tag Laura, I meant to tag @KimJ . She often knows how to fix tech issues!

7. bjc

bjc Trophy Wife

i am on a dell laptop and using latest version ps cc classic.
    i ordered some other designer things and those open up fine. so i am not sure what is happening. i have never gotten that message and wanted to finish up a layout i was doing for the nbk challenge

8. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

I'm about to run out the door, but ICC profiles have to do with color management of different devices. Ages ago when I replaced my scanner, I didn't realize for months that the new software was embedding the scanner's profile in the scanned files, so it created a mismatch when I pulled the files into a different document (layout). If the file looks/works ok, it's safe to ignore the warning. If it's making the file colors go wonky, or otherwise creating problems, it will require some other troubleshooting, which I don't know off the top of my head. I will check back this evening to see if you've gotten it resolved. :)

bestcee likes this.
  9. bjc

bjc Trophy Wife

i cant open or drag the item onto my layout . i see them all in the file but cant use them cause it gives that message and them i cant open them

message it says is " could not open because ICC profile desicripion is invalid

10. Carla

Carla Well-Known Member

@bjc It may be a monitor problem because of an update from Dell. Sending you a PM.

bestcee and bjc like this.
  11. bjc

bjc Trophy Wife

well then i dont know what to do and it doesnt happen with other kits etc i have . including ones from NBK and also something i just purchased

12. NBK-Design

NBK-Design Designer

I think I know the problem
    Just a question. Does it happen with all files?

13. NBK-Design

NBK-Design Designer

14. bjc

bjc Trophy Wife

i have tried placing the things on other layouts and still get that message . so i am feeling it is something in the nbk items that i just purchased. the nbk AC 34 ABR A and B and December spirit El BP WA

15. NBK-Design

NBK-Design Designer

Did you tried to follow the link above with the file?
    I just checked my files and there is all the same. and my Creative team also not did had any problems with the files

bestcee likes this.
  16. NBK-Design

NBK-Design Designer

What kind of Program do you use and with what kind of system OS do your work?

17. DivaMom96

DivaMom96 Well-Known Member

Which file?

18. NBK-Design

NBK-Design Designer

I just send you a PM

19. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

Hopefully, Nicole is able to help. If it's still an issue, you might try looking at the files in Adobe Bridge. If you set the View to "As Details", it will show you what the "Color Profile" is. Most commonly, the profile should either be "sRGB IEC61966-2.1" or "Untagged". If it's something else, that might be the problem and it could help Nicole determine if it's something on her end.

As mentioned earlier in this thread, in looking around it does seem that monitor-related software issues can sometimes cause Photoshop to get extra picky, but exactly how to check/correct that isn't something I'm familiar with.

bestcee likes this.
  20. bestcee