Recommendation...new photo printer for pages

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by michele hillam, Dec 17, 2020.

1. michele hillam

michele hillam Loading up the bookmobile

Hi Everyone! I have just finished some calendar pages and want to print them out for a pre-made frame. My HP is making them dull (even though I use HP photo paper).

Any suggestions on new paper and or printers? I would love one that prints edge to edge on 8 1/2 x 11 with clear vibrant pages!

2. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

I have always had HP printers and loved them. (We did buy an Epson one at one point. It was a beast of a large format printer and the color management was HORRIBLE. We gave up on it after about a month and chucked into a charity drive.) Our current printer is an HP Envy 5660.

I have a stash of HP Premium Photo Paper in Soft Gloss which I stocked up on ages ago. It is not shiny, but has a subtle sheen. I love the finish and rich color. I've never been disappointed with my prints using it. I couldn't find it for sale anymore. It looks like they only have Premium Plus now, which is a step up from what I have (heavier and better image quality according to their chart). You do have to allow time for the prints to dry. It runs about 40 cents per sheet, but it's totally worth it to me.

Donitab likes this.
  3. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I have an REALLY old Canon MG7120 that I still love to bits! The paper I use makes all the difference in the world. I recommend it all the time. It's even double sided. It's HP Brochure Paper and I print on it with high quality matte photo paper settings. Here's the paper:

[​IMG]

and here's a quick look at the difference it makes vs. regular cardstock printing.
    (the brochure paper is on the left)
    Paper Compare.jpg

Donitab likes this.
  4. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I have a Brother printer. I like how it prints, but I don't print a lot of photos. It does well at the few that I do.

5. michele hillam

michele hillam Loading up the bookmobile

I think I am on a mission to get some better paper! Thank you!

rach3975, Karen, KimJ and 2 others like this.
  6. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I just got a HP Envy with InstantInk after my long time Canon Pixma just died. I love the look of the Envy printing on ancient 4x6 photo paper - remember the endless bundles of that which used to come with ink? I've also printed 5x7 calendars on regular cardstock and the colors are totally accurate.

KimJ likes this.
  7. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

I love the Instant Ink program. No more running to the store when I run out of ink in the middle of printing a big project! And we're coming out money ahead vs. what we were spending, especially since I just downgraded us because we were never using all of our pages or dipping into our rollover pages at all.

And LOL about those 4x6 papers that came with ink. I have a big stack too. The glossy finish on what I have isn't my favorite, but they're handy for quick prints to send off in the mail, and I just used a couple to make "gift cards" for Spotify subscriptions for the kids so they would be able to unwrap them on Christmas. :)

bestcee likes this.