Photoshop Problems

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Donitab, Dec 14, 2020.

1. Donitab

Donitab If only the TV would yell back

So I updated Photoshop yesterday afternoon, like a good little computer geek, and then I couldn't save anything. Of course, I only found this out after I had a fully completed layout that would not save. I finally just had to close it without saving.
    After I spend hours reading in the forums and trying various things, I finally just uninstalled and went back to the previous version and it all works great and I was able to redo the layout and save it this time.
    What a headache! Just put this on here in case anyone else is dealing with the same issue because there were a lot of cries for help because people couldn't save on the forums.

Mama Shades, Ferdy and cfile like this.
  2. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Yikes! I'm so sorry you lost your layout. I'm way behind in updating because I keep hearing about problems that various people have encountered. I was thinking of updating, but now I think I will wait a bit longer. Thanks for the warning!

Donitab likes this.
  3. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

I'm behind too. Really behind! So i'm no help. That sounds like a horror though!

Donitab likes this.
  4. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

I'm current on mine and haven't experienced anything like that so far. I did have one file that would not show the preview of adjustments I was making to layer styles while I was making them. I had to just accept the changes and see what it looked like after. But it seems to have only been that one file. :shrug

I had a similar problem to yours with saving PSD files last spring, but it turned out to just be the first symptom of a more widespread Windows issue. I soon started having all kinds of weirdness in other non-Adobe programs as well. I ended up having to reinstall my OS. :disagree

cfile and Donitab like this.
  5. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

What a huge pain!!! I'm on a Mac (not sure if that matters) and {knocks on wood} haven't had that issue. I just checked and I'm running PS version 22.0.1. For a while I was having more crashes and some features were graying out midway through a page (which would require a program restart), but it seems to have been fixed.

Donitab likes this.
  6. Donitab

Eek!

7. Donitab

Mac here also and the update was for 22.1.0 (I think) - I went back to your version.

SeattleSheri likes this.
  8. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I haven’t had any issues with PS updates lately but have in the past, requiring me to re-install. I cringe whenever someone mentions PS problems. It can be such a hassle. Hope future updates work out ok for you.

9. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I am on Windows and have not had that issue..
    The issue I do have with the 2021 version (since the update in October maybe) is that when I go to move maybe 2 layers at once all of a sudden they dissappear. (They are still there, they are just invisible to me) .. I have to go to one of the layers and turn the eye off/on and then they show up again. Weird glitches..

Also sometimes it wipes out all my brushes or all my styles so make sure you save your things your adding so if those go away, it will be easier to set them back up.​

HeatherB likes this.
  10. Donitab

Yes, I have had that problem in the past. I keep all my actions, styles, and brushes in their own separate folders so they are easy to find. I love Photoshop but some days it’s a love/hate thing.

cfile likes this.
  11. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

PS on mac - I also had problems in the past - if I'm not mistaken I got an error message about the scratch disks ... how I solved it correctly I don't remember ... changed settings after some searching on the internet ...

12. amandaresende

amandaresende amandaresende

it is happening to me when I move a layer with style. I have to hide and show the layer to see it again LOL

cfile likes this.
  13. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Ugh. What a pain. Of all the things to not work... saving files is kind of the most important thing. I'm glad you were able to go back to an older version and get working again.

14. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

This happens to me about once every 2 or 3 months. Not sure what I am doing to cause this, but I have my main set of styles saved, so I can restore them quickly.

cfile likes this.
  15. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

me too Heather. Yesterday my layer disappearing/invisable act was continuing. At least (knock wood) styles and brushes have stayed put!

16. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I saw this in a photography group, but I haven't had issues - I'm a windows with the latest update.
    I'll see if I can find the info, but it was posted as a known issue now by Adobe.

17. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

ohh, I'm having this problem!! I'm on windows, and updated my PSCC to the 2021 version, and now can't save my pages...I watched a few videos, tried the tips and still doesn't work - and I also lost one page that I ws working =/

now, I just uninstalled it and trying to DL the previous version...

Donitab and bestcee like this.
  18. bestcee

19. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

thanks @bestcee , I'll take a look at the link! but for me, the issue is saving the file while working, it gives the error message, so I can't save the original TIFF or PSD =/

janedee and bestcee like this.
  20. bestcee

The complaints I saw were closer to your issue. So I wonder if Adobe hasn't had enough complaints about that yet?
    Someone shared they save the file as soon as they open, and try to remember to save every few layers. But there's would come up with a program error and then they couldn't save.

Most just rolled back to the earlier update for now. That's what I've done in the past.

Donitab and Ferdy like this.