Cooking Starts Today & YOU?|pad patter 12.09.2020

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by AnneofAlamo, Dec 9, 2020.

1. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

Next Friday is our church banquet, and we do a big dessert exchange instead of Gifts! I make so many cake balls, I must start now! lol
    LONG ago, in a land of blogging! I did a post on beginning to end the easiest way to do Cake Balls.
    From This
    [​IMG]
    to This
    [​IMG]
    be amazed at me 10 years ago!
    from this
    [​IMG]
    to this
    IMG_5544.JPG with my mumbly!

Enjoy cooking and I would love to see what yummies you are planning to make, and if you have already started!

Cherylndesigns, Donitab and QuiltyMom like this.
  2. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I don't bake except at Christmastime, and that's only one afternoon with my mom & the kiddos. :)

She bakes dozens and dozens of cookies from Thanksgiving weekend through Christmas Day for family, friends, neighbors, etc. We also have a cookie buffet Christmas Day while we're in between opening gifts & having lunch.

Our bake day is this Saturday, and we'll be making mint chunk cookies and chocolate crinkles. She also makes snickerdoodles with butterscotch chips and oatmeal chocolate chip raisin, and this year she is making "Norwegian cookies" (I'm not sure what exactly those are!) because she is having a Scandinavian-themed Christmas with lots and lots of gnomes.

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  3. Donitab

Donitab If only the TV would yell back

We do pies - just like for Thanksgiving - pumpkin and chocolate - and while the pumpkin pies can be made ahead and frozen, the chocolate cannot

4. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Oh my goodness - you look so much like your mom!!

I haven't started baking yet. I think I'll start this weekend. The first thing I'm going to make are some gluten-free Lucia buns (photo is linked to the recipe). Santa Lucia day is the 13th, so I'll try making them on the 12th. I've only made the glutenized version before so I'm hoping the recipe I chose turns out okay because I really, really love them! It's tough trying to find the foods you love when you've got dietary restrictions up the wazoo!

[​IMG]

5. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I love to eat cake balls, but I've never even attempted to make them. I don't really have any one dessert that I always make, I just make whatever strikes my fancy at the moment and four seconds later it disappears. Two growing teenage boys take it as a personal mission to eat whatever I make. Lol!

At my book club Christmas party about 3 years ago, one lady made the best minty brownies I've ever had. I've been craving those recently, so I think these will get made this weekend.

Attached Files:

6. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I buy my holiday treats and the special one this year has been the stroopwafels from Costco. I am on my 2nd box this Christmas (don't judge!!) and only issue is that the two mugs I love to drink an afternoon coffee from have diameters bigger than the cookie. So I dunk! I think the box of 40 was $8.99. So much easier...

Screen Shot 2020-12-13 at 7.22.24 PM.png

7. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

I made my Christmas cake in November but haven’t started the rest of the Christmas baking yet. That in the to do list for this week, starting with DH’s favourite burnt almond squares.