Christmas Movies | pad patter 12.1.20

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by keepscrappin, Dec 1, 2020.

1. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

It's December so that means I can watch all the Christmas movies I want and my family can't say anything about it. :giggle

[​IMG]

My must watch Christmas Movies are:

The Grinch
    Home Alone 1-3
    Christmas with the Kranks
    The Santa Claus 1-3
    Mickey's Christmas Carol
    Miracle on 34th Street (1994 version)
    It's a Wonderful Life

I also usually like to watch some of the Hallmark Christmas movies, but I don't even have the Hallmark channel right now and don't know when or if I'll get it this year. Too much chaos at our house this year.

I'm sure I'll also watch Christmas Vacation with hubby but that's it. I don't enjoy Elf or some of the other stupid humor movies he likes.

How about you? What are your must watch Christmas movies?

Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
    cinna likes this.
  2. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

I always love the new ones released by things like Netflix & Disney+. The Princess Switch and The Princess Switched Again are good. I loved Noelle on Disney+. I always have to watch While You Were Sleeping.

keepscrappin likes this.
  3. keepscrappin

I do have Netflix and Disney+ so I’ll have see if I can find some more Christmas movies there. Thanks for the suggestions.

4. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

I like Christmas movies, my husband, not so much, but we both love A Christmas Story (You’ll shoot your eye out). I just watched Elf with the grandkids this week and thought it was fun.
    :tree

keepscrappin likes this.
  5. 3BluEyedBabies

3BluEyedBabies Falling for pumpkin ...

Most of these we try to watch as a family:

White Christmas - my all-time favorite!! I just love Bing Crosby!
    It's A Wonderful Life
    Christmas Vacation
    Elf
    Home Alone
    Home Alone 2
    Polar Express
    Charlie Brown Christmas
    Disney's How the Grinch Stole Christmas (both the one with Jim Carey & the animated one!)
    A Christmas Carol (the one with Jim Carey!)
    Fred Clause (watching now with the hubby!)
    Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer (this was my daughter's fav when she was really little...we would watch it all year!)
    Santa Claus is Coming to Town (another family favorite!!)
    Christmas With the Kranks
    ....and some Hallmark movies, too! I love the ones with Candace Cameron Bure.

Yay, so we watch all the movies!!

keepscrappin likes this.
  6. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I avoid them at all costs. They just make my SAD even worse than it already is in December.

Sorry that I'm such a downer but not everyone loves the season.

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  7. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Elf! :giggle That movie cracks me up!
    Polar Express - another favorite.
    A new more adultish comedy that makes me laugh is Office Christmas Party!
    Arthur Christmas - cute animated flick
    I like the old stop motion/animated movies too - Santa Claus is Coming to Town, and Rudolph, etc.

keepscrappin likes this.
  8. keepscrappin

I forgot about the oldies; Santa Claus is coming to town, Rudolph and Frosty but I do enjoy those too.

9. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

The Classics:
    It's a Wonderful Life (Jimmy Stewart, Donna Reed, Henry Travers, Ellen Corby, Lionel Barrymore & Alfalfa - Carl Switzer)
    Miracle on 34th Street (Natalie Wood, Maureen O'Hara, Edmund Gwenn, William Frawley)
    The Bishop's Wife (Cary Grant, David Niven, Loretta Young, Elsa Lancaster)

keepscrappin likes this.
  10. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

The only one we watch almost every year is Christmas Vacation. It never gets old to me. :giggle I just watched one with Vince Vaughn and Reese Witherspoon a few nights ago that just happened to be on. I'd seen it before, but if was a rom/com type movie and was pretty cute where they visit all four sets of parents together. Can't even remember the name. My MIL is obsessed with the Hallmark Channel movies. Whenever we are at her house I get sucked right in! Lol!

I've also been seeing commercials for Polar Express. My oldest used to LOVE that movie and watched it daily. I've been feeling like we should watch that one again this year. :)

keepscrappin likes this.
  11. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

White Christmas ... my all time fav
    Miracle on 34th Street
    It's a Wonderful Life
    The Bells of St. Mary's
    Holiday Inn (introduced White Christmas (song))
    Mr. Magoo's A Christmas Carol
    Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer
    Frosty
    Prep and Landing

I have a decent collection of Christmas dvds!

keepscrappin likes this.
  12. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

We always watch The Grinch (the original & the Benedict Cumberbatch one), Elf, Home Alone, & Charlie Brown Christmas. We don't have cable & don't watch live TV much so if we catch the CBS old-school claymations, we'll watch but we don't every year.

I watch Love Actually & Bad Moms' Christmas by myself (for obvious reasons!), and I subscribe to Frndly TV mid-November so I can watch Hallmark Christmas movies on the weekends from Thanksgiving to New Year's.

keepscrappin likes this.
  13. keepscrappin

I forgot about Prep and Landing but we love that one too... thanks for the reminder.

Memaw2Wm likes this.
  14. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I own about 45 Christmas movies and I haven't even started watching them yet - I've been glued to the Hallmark Channel since they started playing their Christmas movies in November. I have loved watching The Christmas Chronicles 1 & 2 on Netflix, too.

Here are my must-see movies:
    White Christmas
    Arthur Christmas
    Elf
    Die Hard
    While You Were Sleeping
    Rudolph
    Mr. MaGoo's Christmas Carol
    It's Christmas Charlie Brown
    The Grinch (original animated version)
    It's A Wonderful Life
    Polar Express
    A Christmas Story

Memaw2Wm and keepscrappin like this.
  15. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I had NO idea it was he who voiced the Grinch! I checked out the cast while I was watching it and was completely flabergasted! I do love that version, though. Very fun.

keepscrappin likes this.
  16. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

That's so true. I can't watch anything "sappy" and can't even listen to most Christmas music. It's hard to find stations that play "Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree" all day.

The only must-watch for me is A Christmas Story.

17. HavaDrPepper

Nice to know I'm not alone. Listening to Christmas music is hit or miss for me. Some years I'm OK, others I'm not. But I can't listen to it until closer to the actual holiday. And, there are some songs I just can't listen to, Joy to the World is one. Don't get me wrong, I love the song but it was my mother's favorite so hearing it makes me miss her even more... she died on Dec 26th, 1996.

I have found that I prefer non-traditional Christmas songs by my favorite artists.

18. Cherylndesigns

Have you listened to Mannheim Steamroller much? I can listen to most of their music and it's "Christmas-y" but not sappy. I have to turn off "I'll Be Home For Christmas".

No, you're definitely not alone. :(

19. HavaDrPepper

Nope, I'm more of a country girl music wise although I do enjoy TSO's "Lost Christmas Eve". Love the song Wizards in Winter. I know so many people hate "Grandma Got Run Over" but I love it because my favorite group has an absolutely hilarious video on YouTube of it. That group does a good mix of sappy and hilarious on their Christmas albums and their voices are pure magic so it is truly easy for me to listen to them.

20. Cherylndesigns

I like country too, but if I get the country channel on my TV, darned if they don't slide over to the Christmas songs. Same with Christian Rock. I just can't get away from the Sappy songs. I like "Grandma Got Run Over" too. LOL