p365 in 2021- fingers crossed!!!

Discussion in 'Project Life/365/52' started by FarrahJobling, Nov 14, 2020.

1. FarrahJobling

FarrahJobling FarrahJobling

I *always* say I want to do a p365....I am actually going to do it next year! I'm enjoying my 30 days of thankfulness and even though I don't have a specific photo every day, or I've grabbed one from the web....I'd like to continue it.

Anyone already starting to think about 2021?

Donitab, Tree City and Angela Toucan like this.
  2. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I have not thought about it yet.
    But I just upgraded my phone finally. I have jumped from the iPhone 6 to the iPhone 12 Mini. It's a huge difference in camera capability. So my interest in photography has increased a bit for the first time in a long time.
    And I have done many Projects 365, including the "perfect" year, 2016, when I actually really did make a new photo every single day, with my DSLR (minus about 10 days when I had to use my phone, most of those because I let my middle child take my DSLR on a trip).
    I'm reluctant to say, "I'm in!" because my photography interest, especially in the DSLR, has diminished to nearly zero in the last few years, and this year I've really felt disinterested.
    So let me just say, I'm intrigued and I think I would join you (but know it might be a struggle for me)!

Donitab, KimJ and FarrahJobling like this.
  3. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

Ha, I just did the exact same thing! The kids and I went from iPhone 6s to iPhone 12 Mini yesterday! (DH had an 8 and also went to 12 Mini.) I have not played with the camera at all yet, except that I kept accidentally opening it when we were at the store getting them activated since something was screwed up on the provider account side. :p I will have to check into the new specs/features. :-)

I don't know if I can do a P365, but I would like to try. I have tried a few times before and most years didn't make it past the first couple of months. My best year was 2010 when I made to mid-September. I expect it to be much more challenging now. I barely left the house pre-pandemic, and these days it's even less often. And since the kids are older now, even though they are still living at home, they are not the most willing/available photo subjects. LOL If I could even manage a P52 though, that would be a huge upgrade over this year. I took photos on a whopping 30 days so far, and a lot of those are just throwaways. I need ideas, inspiration, and accountability! :)

4. Mum23ms

Mum23ms Well-Known Member

I have taken a photo everyday for years and I also do a 1 second video everyday. My problem is keeping up with the scrapping end of the photos!

Donitab, bestcee, KimJ and 1 other person like this.
  5. FarrahJobling

my plan for this is to just use the same template set and drop in the photos...kind of like foundation pages

Donitab and Mum23ms like this.
  6. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I started doing at least one page for every month a couple of years ago, then last year, I didn't do it at all. I might do it for 2021. I called mine Project 12.

7. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I'm hesitant. Every time I'm doing really well at this project - we move. And I never know the move is coming in January! :think

Donitab likes this.
  8. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I haven't started thinking about it yet, but I will be hanging in there!! I am seriously hoping that Liz @Scrapping with Liz continues with her Stories of Life templates next year, because honestly they have been so amazing for helping me stay caught up and they have just the right amount of photo spots so that I don't feel overwhelmed or like I have to take a gazillion photos :giggle They are perfect!!

9. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I've been thinking about what I want to do next year and this set has been my favorite so far (and quickest to put together as far as finishing my pages go) so I'll probably continue something very similar!

10. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

:bk:clap:dancebun:yesss:yippee

They seriously are perfect! I love that I can dress them up if I have a bit more time, or leave them dressed down if I'm in more of a rush. I don't think I have ever been able to stay caught up as well as I have this year and I don't feel like it's a chore to do it.

11. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Awwww. I'm so glad they help! I think that's exactly why I like them. I can dress them up or leave them as is.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  12. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

If I do anything It will be a page a week with TNs. I'm not sure if I can take a photo a day but I can get enough for a week. I just need something different after doing similar templates since 2011 back when I did two page layouts for the week.

Donitab and FarrahJobling like this.
  13. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

I've been thinking about it since we discussed this in a chat. I think I'll go for something a bit more fluid than p365. I'll use the pocket style and fill pages as I go along. I might not have something for every day, but I also won't necessarily have one page per week like in P52. So possibly something in between. A mixture of photos and journal cards probably.
    I might use each month's BYOC so each month is different. Or I might just use a set of neutral background bases and selections of mixed journal cards. Not sure.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
  14. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

I hear that! How in the world I don't have unlimited scrapping time right now, when I'm at home 99% of the time, is beyond me.

And @Angela Toucan your idea sounds sustainable because you've given yourself flexibility, kind of like Project Life. So if you miss one day's photo, you won't feel like you have to give up (or you've "failed"), ya know? Love the idea of breaking up months by BYOC!

15. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I have been trying to take at least 1 photo a day for several years. I have also taken screenshots off of the computer for my daily photo at times on newsworthy days. As for scrapping, well, yeah, other stuff has taken scrapping priority. When I do scrap them, it is always very simple layouts. I use the same template for every week. I call my project "Week in Review". And, if I miss a day, I just choose a 2nd photo from a day with more photos. Someone looking at it will never know since I don't put the date or day of the week on each photo! I also do not journal my layouts.

I had done this previously from Aug 31 2008 to Aug 28 2010 and called it Week In Review which is why I continue to call it that.

16. Donitab

Donitab If only the TV would yell back

I haven’t decided between 375 or 52. But, I am going to do one. Question on 365, would you print a book with all 365 pages?

FarrahJobling likes this.
  17. FarrahJobling

my plan is to print a 6x9 trade book from Blurb

Donitab likes this.
  18. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

For my "365", I put 7 photos on 1 page so it is only 52 pages (or 53 depending on calendar) for the year. I'm a little behind... this is the last page I did when I started doing it again in 2018.
    20180401 WIR.jpg

bestcee and Donitab like this.
  19. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

@FarrahJobling Have you decided on a template yet? I'd love to see your choice. :)

FarrahJobling likes this.
  20. FarrahJobling

I've been making templates that sort of resemble some magazine type look books at Creative Market....ones that fit the overall idea. I'll spill more of my ideas and plans at my chat on the 1st ;)

marijke likes this.