That Darn Dog/Cat | Pad Patter 11.09.2020

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by FarrahJobling, Nov 9, 2020.

1. FarrahJobling

FarrahJobling FarrahJobling

So, my "little" dog has grown enough to be able to stand on her back legs and reach the counter. The other day, she stole 3 pieces of pizza and last night, she pinched some london broil.....grrrrrrrr. Darn HoneyB!!!!!!

Anyways...what's the most annoying thing your pet has done?

amien1 likes this.
  2. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Besides the annoying pee/poop in the house in the puppy stage, Peyton has been pretty good. Until recently. She never got into the tall wastebasket in the office but now she does just to get the tissues and she eats them!

HeatherB and amien1 like this.
  3. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

My son's cat pee-ed on the bedding x 5 in 3 years.
    He 'only" does it when the litter tray has been soiled but we don't always notice that right away.

The older cat that we have (my daughter's baby) "fell" off the roof and needed surgery on his shoulder blade, right when DD was busy with her exams. We had to cough and pay - the emotional cost on her and her IGCSE's which is what she need to apply to Varsity with, would have been way higher.
    But in terms of expenses - never would I ever have though we would spend so much money on a cat.

4. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Ha... Benson hasn't stolen much food. I'm lucky... cause he's on a special diet and would get sick. He's very tall, lol! His paws reach my shoulders and he can lick my face when standing.

His most annoying feature is that he is a talker. OGoodness! I'm rolling my eyes... so much talking. Rarooo awrooo wooo awooooooo rarrrrrrrooooooo.... oh boy. I wish we had a mute button.

The cutest, but sometimes annoying.... when he wants to snuggle with you... under the blankets. But, then he farts. Ugh.

HeatherB and amien1 like this.
  5. FarrahJobling

FarrahJobling FarrahJobling

LOL. HoneyB is a talker too....I always ask her if Timmy has fallen in the well *again*?????

Memaw2Wm and jk703 like this.
  6. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Zoey cat - sigh... has decided the dining room is her bathroom and has destroyed the wood of the baseboard in one corner. It is completely swollen with pee. I have carpet in my bathroom and several years ago she started occasionally peeing on the bathmat in front of the shower. So I got a new one for us (hung up when not in use) and left the old one for her to pee on. While the rubber backing started leaking so I got a new one for her to pee on. Sigh -- the litter (clean mind you!!) is just a few feet away. Yes - both are an "unhappy at us" comment - I get that, but I don't know what it is about. I surrender... no more cats I am thinking and new carpet after we treat the wood underfloor, when she is gone...which might be a few more years. Meanwhile I am scrubbing carpet constantly it feels like.

7. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Haha! I'm going to ask Benson, and video it. I can picture the head tilt now...

FarrahJobling likes this.
  8. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

So we got a pandemic puppy! lol Nelly is our little 10 month old english bulldog pup & she's trouble! ;) Her most recent shenanigans include eating my pumpkin I carved (the EWU eagle!) In her defense- she did clean up ALL the pumpkin stuff from the kitchen floor- so I can see how she would think it was okay to eat this pumpkin too! She's lucky she's cute! The "Sorry I ate your pumpkin" face!
    [​IMG]

9. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

We haven't had a pet since 2004, when we gave our cat to our pet-sitter because of allergies in my family. I've long been thinking I might like to have a cat again someday, but first I want to see my kids independent and out on their own and then I want to travel without pet concerns. But recently I took care of my friend's cat for a week while her family was on a trip and though I enjoy animals for a short time, I started to think I may never want the responsibility of taking care of one again.

Your stories are firming up this idea in my mind. :)

10. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

My funniest was our parakeet skiing down the toilet paper, unrolling the entire roll, leaving a mountain of TP on the floor. This was a few decades ago...before TP became currency.

bellbird likes this.
  11. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

Zoey, my 10 lb. Bichon can jump like a cat ... food is not safe from her. Thankfully she can't get on the kitchen counters, but if a chair is left 1" from the table she's up on the table. Last week I caught her eating my granddaughter's 100 lb. American Akita's breakfast ... she'd finished her bowl of food then ran him off. Poor Kuma was laying on the floor whimpering.

She also uses my kitchen floor as her giant piddle pad. I can walk her for 45 minutes, she'll mark every 6' (yes she's a female), then come inside and pee on the kitchen floor. I had to replace my tile floor with sheet vinyl last week b/c all of that pee was making the tile break up.

First dog, last dog ... I bought her for my granddaughter when she was 13, she moved out a couple of years ago, left Zoey, then bought Kuma. <sigh> Lucky for her she's cute.

HeatherB likes this.
  12. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Haha - I thought we were the only ones who said that. Our dog is pretty darned perfect, she's on a "no people food diet" so she gets nothing, but she still begs. Her only bad habit is getting in the trash. I have to keep my wastebasket in my closet (not real convenient LOL). She also loves to chew up kleenex and any other paper. She knows better and all we have to do is give her a dirty look and she starts "slinking". Haha

HeatherB and FarrahJobling like this.
  13. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

i don't know if all animals are like this but George (bird) is particular about patterns on clothing, sheets etc
    We took a while to figure it out, we had 2 birds and they both started squawking like crazy and flying laps of the house, landing and just taking straight off again; i think the first time we realised was DH had new winter pj pants that were blue with dice on them and i don't know if they looked like eyes to them or some potential threat (because some polka dots are fine we've since learnt) but there have been clothes we've bought, worn once for like 10mins and have had to donate because they freak him out.
    DS has a set of sheets with stars on them (blue with white stars) and when i change the bed and hang the sheets on the line, i have to hang things either side of them so he can't see them out the window because he reacts the same and when he flies too fast, all freaked out, that's when he's more likely to fly into something and end up injured; but DD has the same pattern sheets in white and pink and he's fine with them - it's weird. Also don't ask me how many shoes he has claimed as his over the years. His current best friends are pink slippers i bought for me and got to wore for like 2 days before i gave up and let him have them. When we go to the vet or he stays with the inlaws if we go away, one of the slippers goes too. (Yes i think i'd have had less weird 'she's lost it' looks at the vet if he had a teddy bear or something else as a security blanket in the cage with him).

FarrahJobling and amien1 like this.
  14. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

that is an awesome photo - i'm sure the eagle pumpkin looked amazing before too

15. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

Yes it did.... :cry lol! Thankfully I got a good before pic! ;)
    [​IMG]

FarrahJobling and bellbird like this.
  16. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

so she didn't object to the pumpkin in her image? y'all are totally skilled in this carving business!

amien1 likes this.
  17. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

You guys are reminding me why we don't have indoor animals! 2 cats, 3 bunnies and 16 chickens...all outside and all taken care of by other people in the family. LOL! I'm so not an animal person.

18. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

Neelix likes to help with laundry, it is one of his tasks.. he is great at moving laundry from dryer into baskets.. no problem.. but he is a huge fan of underwear. He likes to wear them on his head and run about with them on! one day he escaped the laundry room (which is a whole other part of the apparement building .. basically around back..) and he ran down the street with one of my lacey panties on his head covering his face.. while it was funny.. I didn't like the neighbors seeing my lacey things. He made it three blocks before he finally put his head down and marched home with tail between his legs.

HeatherB and FarrahJobling like this.
  19. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

One of our cats stepped on the remote on my husband's nightstand and turned on the tv. I did not appreciate being woken up that way.

20. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

My dog goes to bed with me every night and every night he beats me up there and lays his whole body on my pillow (he is not a small dog). He will lay on top of my head until I fall asleep most nights.

My older cat (9 year old) is just a grouchy old man these days. He just walks around the house griping and complaining. The little cat (4 year old) is just constantly annoying. They are both housebroken because I hate litter boxes, but the little one wants in and out all the time. And he loves to bring us "gifts"...so far birds, mice, moles, a baby rabbit, 2 snakes, and a frog. Both of them have shredded toilet paper all over the bathroom a few times in their lives.

My sweet dog that passed away a few years ago once plotted with the cat to steal a roast out of the sink. I had set it in there to thaw and she was a big dog, but not big enough to get in to the sink, so I am sure that she and the cat came up with a plan for the cat to get up there and help her. That particular dog also enjoyed snacking on Chance's dirty diapers when he was a baby if I didn't put them in a covered trash can or inadvertently left one laying. o_O