When it rains it pours

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by littlekiwi, Nov 4, 2020.

1. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

it seems with my health. Feeling rather sorry for myself today while I’m dealing with the third week of gastric issues. I already have 2 major health conditions both which I can manage and live with, a 3rd that’s just a darn nuisance, a food intolerance that I’ve had for 10 years and now I’m dealing with awful symptoms that could be a number of things from Irritable Bowel Syndrome to gluten intolerance or just a plain old stomach bug (but highly doubt it’s that as it’s lasted 3 weeks). Can’t see my doctor for about a week at the moment and right now just super unsure as to what’s brought this flare up so until then I’m bed bound and feeling very worried as to what it might be. So if anyone could spare some positive healing thoughts down this way I’d appreciate it.

2. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Oh Jennifer, I'm so sorry you are dealing with health issues on top of health issues. I hope it resolves itself quickly. Hugs and sending positive thoughts!

3. littlekiwi

As I said, most of them are fine to live with but symptoms that render you to your bed and bathroom multiple times a day for weeks aren’t fun.....it’s just a matter of waiting for them to subside a bit and then figuring out what’s triggered them.

4. Lillyia

Lillyia Well-Known Member

I just happened to see this, Jennifer. I am sending healing thoughts your way and hoping that there's light at the end of tunnel very soon. I don't know if you are a believer, but if so, Be Blessed.

5. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

Hugs and prayers.

6. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

I hope you feel better soon and that it turns out to be something short term or easily managed!

7. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Sorry you're going thru this, what would be a nuisance to some people is always worse when you add on top of pre-existing stuff; hope you are keeping up the clear fluids and getting some extra rest

8. littlekiwi

With one of my pre-existing conditions being a sleep one that has a high amount of fatigue that comes with it, rest is my number one thing when ever it happens

rach3975 and bellbird like this.
  9. littlekiwi

It did end up being a) short lived and b) relatively easy to fix in the end

Well finally figured out why I’ve been feeling awful the past 3 weeks after having 3 days of no symptoms.....as much as I didn’t think it was a stomach bug or similar, now I think it was possibly a bit of food poisoning from slightly too warm lunches (unsafe food temperature basically) now that the weather has changed

cfile likes this.
  10. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

oh my goodness Jennifer, re food poisoning.. I have had that once and no fun at all. Glad you are feeling better and hope you get some strength back. We have something called "Gator-Aid" that when we have those kind of issues we drink to stay hydrated and to get the electrolytes back into our bodies.. hope you are drinking lots of fluids. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

11. littlekiwi

I’m absolutely fine now as it was a pretty minor case that just dragged on cause I was eating a similar thing for lunch most days but now I’ve figured out the culprit I’m fine.

cfile likes this.
  12. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

So glad to hear that!