November Photography Challenge

Discussion in 'November 2020 Challenges' started by jenn mccabe, Oct 31, 2020.

1. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Hello and welcome to the November Photography Challenge!​

November is usually a time when we stop to reflect on the things we are thankful for. Despite the crazy time we are all living in and experiencing currently - there are very specific things I am grateful for this month. I'm grateful for the right to vote in the US election on November 3rd. I'm also grateful to all those that gave selflessly for those rights and freedoms we enjoy as we celebrate Veterans Day Nov 11th. So this month, let's zone in on the things that make you proud of your country.

Join me in sharing a photo of something patriotic that you are grateful for. Some examples to consider:
    • something that reminds you of the beauty of your country
    • something unique to your country
    • something that celebrates an event or holiday unique to your country
    • something symbolic of your country -flag, quote, etc

[​IMG]

After a very hard, scary year for those in his MOS, I'm grateful for this guy and especially grateful for a very unexpected visit in early October that I got to spend with him! :heartlub

As always, please remember the monthly challenge rules: Your page must contain at least 75% Lilypad product. Your page should be posted to the Lilypad Gallery and then linked to the November Challenge Layouts thread so it can be tracked, and to this thread.

The Lilypad uses a percent system for our challenges; the number of challenges you participate in determines the store discount you will receive at the end of the month:

2 challenges = 10% off
    4 challenges = 20% off
    6 challenges = 30% off

If you complete 7 challenges, you will receive a coupon for 30% off, plus you will be entered to win a $50 gift certificate from the Lilypad! The first seven challenges will be posted on the first of the month; the eighth challenge is the BYOC challenge, which is posted on BYOC release day. Each page counts for one challenge (you cannot use one layout for multiple challenges).

I can't wait to see what patriotic thing you are grateful for this month!

Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
  2. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

I may have to do some thinking on this one.

3. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

Thank you for the challenge Jenn

[​IMG]

FarrahJobling and jenn mccabe like this.
  4. jenn mccabe

looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

A-M likes this.
  5. Trish

Trish Well-Known Member

6. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

thank you for the inspiration to scrap this photo
    [​IMG]

jenn mccabe likes this.
  7. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Nice challenge, Jenn!:agree

jenn mccabe likes this.
  8. Event Horizon

Event Horizon Active Member

9. Donitab

Donitab If only the TV would yell back

I am thankful and proud of my right to vote!

[​IMG]

10. trekmom

trekmom Well-Known Member

11. bjc

bjc Trophy Wife

12. Annsofie

Annsofie Crime Books & Cozy Nooks

13. jenn mccabe

can't wait to see what you do ... :)

14. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

15. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

16. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

17. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

18. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think

My sister's family <3 So thankful & also so sad for them in this already chaotic 2020 year.

[​IMG]

FarrahJobling and jenn mccabe like this.
  19. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

There Are Always So Many Things To Be Thankful & Grateful! For!...And The Sacrifices That Our Canadian Soldiers & Their Families Have Endured In The Past To Keep Our Country Free!...& All The Current Soldiers & Their Families Serving Here Within Our Country & Abroad...All Of These Brave Men & Women Are Some Of Our National Heroes...I Usually Always Create A Layout For Canada Day Each Year...But This Year Got Away From Me Unfortunately...So This Is My Opportunity To Honor All Of Our Past/Fallen & Current Members Serving In The Canadian Military & Their Families Too...All Those Who Have Sacrificed To Serve & Protect Us & Our Country!...The POPPY Is Our National Symbol For REMEMBRANCE DAY!...& Is Close To All Of Our Hearts...In Fact The Poppy Is My Favorite Flower...It Symbolizes So Many Wonderful Things!...Strength/Sacrifice/Bravery/Family...Many Years Ago Now During The First World War...In 1915...A Poem Called "In Flanders Fields" Was Created & Written By Lieutenant Colonel John McCrae To Symbolize All The Sacrifices Of Those Who Fought In The First World War...It Spread Quickly & Over The Years The POPPY!...Has Become The NATIONAL Symbol Of SACRIFICE...For All Military Personnel Past/Present & Future...And Is Worn By Each & Every Person Who Wishes To Remember Their Sacrifices On REMEMBRANCE Day Each Year On NOVEMBER 11th...My Layout Encompasses All These Things & More...

I Have A Proud Canadian Girl Wrapped In A Canadian Flag...I Have A Photo Of A Veteran From The First World War...Wearing His Military Blazer/Jacket...Which Shows Him Wearing His Medals Proudly...And He Is Also Wearing His Canadian Legion Pin!...And Of Course Our Canadian Flag!...The Compass Represents Our Canadian Sentiment Said Here Often..."OUR TRUE NORTH STRONG & FREE"...and Of Course..All Of The RED & WHITE To Further Symbolize Our Canadian Flag!...The Hints Of Blue Are There To Coincide With The Navy Military Jacket...

*For My Lest We Forget Layout- I Used:

*Mixed Media Monthly-August 2020-Music Speaks-Lynn Grieveson/Rachel Jeffries/Paula Kesselring
    *For Those Who Listen-M3 Add-On-August 2020-Rachel Jefferies
    *Mixed Media Monthly-April 2020-This Storm Shall Pass-Paula Kesselring & Rachel Jefferies
    *Mixed Media Monthly-April 2020-Add-On-Little Butterfly Wings

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 6, 2020
    jenn mccabe likes this.
  20. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...