I have learned...

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Donitab, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Donitab

Donitab If only the TV would yell back

I have learned that the best way to catch a typo in my layout is to post it online. What have you learned?

PS - apologizing now for any typos anywhere

2. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Happens to me all the time too @Donitab, doesn’t matter if it’s going online to TLP, sending an email or printing a document - I always catch the typos after the fact.

KayTeaPea and Donitab like this.
  3. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

My hands are faster than my brain sometimes. I wish that PSE had spell check built into their software

Cherylndesigns and Donitab like this.
  4. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

That would be amazing!

Donitab likes this.
  5. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Totally true... or when you actually print the pages in a bound book! :hide

Donitab and Iowan like this.
  6. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Oh I feel all of your pain! I don't think I've had a typo "go to print", but posting them will always make them shine and not in a good way.

I agree with Stefanie @Eyeore my brain goes faster than I type and I find that I skip over words.

The most memorable "mistake" I ever made was on a paper layout for a brick and mortar store that I CT'd for. I made a double page "fall" layout and they sealed it and put it up on the wall. After the season ended, the owner always gave our layouts back to us. Low and behold, that double page layout had been hanging on their wall for MONTHS and there was a misspelled word (chipboard letters in the old days) and NONE of us had ever noticed it. :faint2

Of course, I was mortified, but the owner said if nobody had noticed it not to worry about it.

Karen and Donitab like this.
  7. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I actually did print a layout that had my grandmother's name wrong years ago. Thankfully, I still had the working file so I fixed it and had it reprinted. After that I learned to read, read, read, read what I've written before saving it as a jpg. And, after I have saved it, I read it again!!!

Cherylndesigns and Donitab like this.
  8. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

I am like others... often making typing mistakes, especially in chat rooms.
    Also on layouts I have had errors even with one I had printed so I just used a black pen and wrote on top the correction.
    I do like the spell check in my Photoshop CS6 and not long ago discovered after I had typed text - just right click and you can choose spell check.

Donitab and Cherylndesigns like this.
  9. zakirahzakaria

zakirahzakaria Making to-do lists CHECK. Checking to-do lists...

Oh definitely, after the book has been printed for my family to see! Hehe. But often times, my family don't even catch the typos. It's just me that would see them. I guesst they just love seeing their memories being scrapbooked and printed.

jk703 and Donitab like this.
  10. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

That used to be the case for me all the time. I regularly pick up my errors after posting in the gallery.

I recently switched to Affinity which has a "preflight" function that kicks in before exporting so it normally picks my spelling and grammar errors up. Won't pick up on an incorrect date or the correct spelling of name though.

Donitab likes this.
  11. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I've lost count of the times I have found a typo in my pages. I journal a LOT and I rarely go back and re-read them to check for errors. I'm a "oh well" kinda girl. :giggle

But your post did make me chuckle. I never know if people want me to tell them if I do stumble upon a typo or not. If I do say something it's always in the hopes that they'd rather fix it before printing and in the spirit of being helpful. :agree

12. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I became this girl. :giggle

Karen, Donitab and bellbird like this.
  13. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

For me it's after they've been printed. It doesn't matter how many times I've proofed the text, either. They still find a way in!

Donitab and bellbird like this.
  14. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

I'm the same - or it's the first thing other people say about my page if i show them in real life - like they don't see the art or anything except that i can't type/ spell, it got to the point where it just ticked me off so unless the kids pick up the albums from the shelf, no one sees them but me now - and the scrappy peeps in the gallery that understand!

Donitab likes this.
  15. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

This is too funny.... I would think we all have been told of a typo mistake. I have to admit to being the one that shakes my head at people using words that are pronounced the same but depending on the spelling the word means something different like.... there or their .... and they use them wrong in ‘their’ sentences. LoL

Donitab likes this.
  16. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

Yep! I once spelled Pennsylvania wrong on the cover of a scrapbook. And that’s when I used to live there.
    I’m very thankful when someone tells me about a typo after posting a layout.

Even though I use spell check in photoshop, I still miss things because a word may be spelled correctly, but still be the wrong word.

Donitab likes this.