Halloween Candy | pad patter 10.27.20

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by keepscrappin, Oct 27, 2020.

1. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

[​IMG]

What's your favorite Halloween Candy? Or if you don't celebrate Halloween, what's your favorite candy?

2. keepscrappin

My favorite Halloween candy is Twix, but I've also been known to take a "mommy tax" on my kids' Halloween candy and sneak some snickers, reeses peanut butter cups and kit kats... :giggle

3. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

Candy corn b/c it's not usually available any other time of year, but I'm not a big candy eater. Now I LOVE caramel apples this time of year. Nom. nom!

keepscrappin likes this.
  4. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

When I could eat candy, my favorite Halloween candy in order is Indian Corn, Pumpkins, Candy Corn. Non-Halloween candy favorites are jelly beans at Easter time. And, of course, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, peanut M&M's, peanut butter M&M's and regular old melt-in-your-mouth M&M's.

keepscrappin likes this.
  5. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

I like Butterfingers and Reese’s Peanut butter cups too. The grandkids are allergic to nuts, so they would give me theirs.

keepscrappin likes this.
  6. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I like a lot of candy, lol! Twix, Charleston Chews, Sweet Tarts, Kit Kat, Take 5, Milky Way, Peanut MM's, 100 Grand, etc. :giggle

Boys get so much that I just take some if I want. We regularly keep a some chocolate in the house, so everyone can have some whenever, this way, we don't go all nuts on Halloween, or holidays.

keepscrappin and HavaDrPepper like this.
  7. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

My kids didn't really like to share but would always willingly give me their York Peppermint Patties. They are one of my faves.

keepscrappin likes this.
  8. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I can't eat candy anymore, but I used to love Twix and Butterfingers. Candy corn always hurt my teeth.

keepscrappin likes this.
  9. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I don't eat a lot of candy, but here and there I do love a Butterfinger, Andes, or York.

keepscrappin likes this.
  10. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I know I am going to hear it but... it has to be one of these 3... they are top in my list but they change position all the time.

REESE'S PB CUPS (specially the pumpkin shaped ones)
    Brach's candy corn
    and Brach's Mellowcreme Pumpkins

keepscrappin likes this.
  11. Dalis

Jan, when I moved here to IL Butterfinger became one of my fav candies again! The plant where they make them is like 30 mins from my house... which means, the Butterfingers that we eat around here are the freshest Butterfingers ever! THEY ARE CRUNCHY.. and they barely stick to your teeth!

12. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

Reese's pb cups and any plain chocolate

Dalis and keepscrappin like this.
  13. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

That's awesome!! The sticking to the teeth is the only bad thing about them. I'm sure I've never had one that didn't!

keepscrappin likes this.
  14. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I love ALL the candy! :giggle I really love the mini Halloween sized version of Almond Snickers and 100 Grand for some reason. I don't want them the rest of the year, but hunt through my boy's buckets for those. And twix. The only thing I'll turn down is black licorice.

keepscrappin likes this.
  15. keepscrappin

I’m not a fan of black licorice either, but my mom was.

Karen likes this.
  16. Dalis

Those cups are the best!

rach3975 and keepscrappin like this.
  17. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

My Candy Saga This Year
    I may make this a scrapbook page. :lol2

This year I've been enjoying a lot of Kerr's Spiced Fruit Drops, which I found in Wegman's bulk candy department while searching for lemon drops, along with peppermint and wintergreen hard candies.
    [​IMG]
    Lemon drops in general are the only candy I've liked my entire life. Other favorites that have come and gone include Reese's peanut butter cups, York Peppermint Patties, and Almond Joy. Now I don't like chocolate candy much anymore, but still want a little sweetness and a hard candy is perfect. Before the pandemic I used to get bags of Claey's brand "old fashioned" Lemon Drops occasionally at Michael's, in the checkout lane. But they don't sell them via their website, I haven't been going anywhere else to shop, and when I found them elsewhere online they were expensive. That's why I searched for lemon drops at my regular grocery store. I was shocked I couldn't find a simple bag of just lemon drops. The first time I saw these, in a bulk bin, bag-your-own, I actually picked out just the lemon drops. The next time, however, I bravely grabbed a handful of all the flavors. The only one I dislike are the green ones. This is the first time I've seen the flavor titles, so I'm seeing the green ones must be lemongrass. I had one in my dish and just gave it another try. Still yuck. The pear ones are not great either. I love the grapefruit and mango ones, but lemon is, of course, still my favorite.

By the way, I love lemon anywhere, not just in candy. I love lemon chicken, lemonade, and lemon bars too. I will lick a raw lemon. :love

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
    Karen and keepscrappin like this.
  18. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I found this fun chart on reddit... (credit is on the image) Neat and interesting!
    [​IMG]

rach3975, Karen and keepscrappin like this.
  19. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

Reese's Peanut Butter cups are my weakness when it comes to Halloween candy... I also love the mini Milky Way Midnights :-)

Karen and Dalis like this.
  20. keepscrappin

very interesting... thanks for sharing! :agree