2 months until Christmas | Pad Patter 10.26.2020

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by FarrahJobling, Oct 26, 2020.

1. FarrahJobling

FarrahJobling FarrahJobling

I have begun to think about the upcoming "most wonderful time of year"...I know, Halloween isn't even over yet....but I wanted to think of creative ideas for gifts that are not just Amazon GCs. Because of COVID, we have mostly stayed home for the last 9 mo...so I'm thinking as a big gift for our family, planning a trip for post-covid.

Also...my kids are tween-teens...and don't really need "stuff"...so I need creative ideas for them. Ideas???????

2. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

ugh haven't even thought about presents yet....probably should get on to that considering I need to spread the 4 gifts over a period of time for budgets sake

3. FarrahJobling

FarrahJobling FarrahJobling

Yes. There is that issue too.

4. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

Chase (15) would like the new Xbox Series X ... of course all the pre-order systems are sold out (Best Buy, Amazon, Target and Walmart). He may be getting a homemade GC until they are available after Christmas. He has an xBox, but it's an older pass-me-down. Older grandkids are getting cash. Plus I fill stockings for them.

I've already order them wooden ornaments ... angel, Santa, gingerbread man, and snowman wearing face mask. :)

FarrahJobling likes this.
  5. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

Our kids are older (19 and 20) and will probably get mostly gift cards since they have nowhere to put more stuff in their college dorm and apartment.

BUT... since they both have an extended winter break this year (my daughter has two months off!), we're buying some fun family gifts. Looking into some new fun board games now. We have already purchased an outdoor projector as one of the big gifts (thank you Prime Day!)... I think that will be a fun family activity for us all!

FarrahJobling likes this.
  6. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Haha! My first reaction was "hush!" :giggle

But, I've got a teen and a tween. My oldest is just newly into surfing, and took classes this summer. So, we are looking for a used beginner surf board, wet suit and sports related clothing. Youngest is like a crochety old man... so, right now, I'm waiting on his cue and ideas. His favorite gift ever is.... money. :shrug But, I may also do the hats, sports related items...

We've tried to get outside more this summer, so we went adventurous: Inflatable Stand Up Paddleboard - (LOVE!) and we borrowed inflatable kayaks also... we had fun with those and got out a lot on the water.

Other gifts... spikeball, door pong, VR headset, yard dice, yard zip line...

7. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

:ignore

Seriously, I'll probably do Gift Cards this year. All Asher wants is video games and I can get him GC's on Amazon and he can get what he wants. Haven't thought about anybody else. I just hope that the family is able to get on planes to be together this year! That would be the great Christmas gift of all times!

8. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

We have three November birthdays (my third child was born the first week, my second the second week, and I was born the third week) and I will be making a Thanksgiving feast. I don't think much about Xmas before that.

9. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

With all the love in my heart.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

FarrahJobling, Karen and Tree City like this.
  10. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

We have a birthday the 1st week of November and I can never think of Christmas until after that. Her birthday is about 2 weeks away and I still don't know what we are doing...it's the big 16!

Karen likes this.
  11. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

We gift a home made to friends and extended family. The quince trees have been fabulous this year. The next batch of fruit will probably be turned into quince chutney for gifts. Joy has already started on her first homemade present - a mosaic art piece. We've got a load of stuff waiting to donate to the charity shop when they are next receiving items - not been easy to donate with this Covid mess. They've told us we can deliver on Thursday. After that I'll be able to get into my cupboard with all the Christmas crafting stuff. I normally make seasonal notebooks, journals, hankies, napkins, shopping bags or Christmas decs as miscellaneous gifts.

12. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I have 2 teens as well and they don't really want or need anything. I usually get them some clothes and I like to do a board game or card game for us to have something to do together (so is that a gift for them or me?) :giggle This year my 16 YO really wants a new computer. That is WAY too expensive of a gift, but he wants to build his own, so we are going to make a list of the components that he wants. Then people who ask for ideas can pick from that list or just give him money towards that project. It won't give him as much to open, but that's totally okay with him.

But, for other ideas, what about a lesson of some kind to do together as a family? Skiing lessons? Or just buy lift tickets for a weekend away if you already know how to ski?

Or a movie basket... you could include DVDs or just "coupons" for online rental of a movie. You could get a popcorn popper, some fun cheese or garlic salts to make popcorn together before the movie. Snuggle socks for movie watching? Special popcorn bowls? You could even include a movie booklet with ideas for movies already written down for appropriate movies to watch together as a family. That's half our battle these days. There are TOO many options. :giggle

13. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Skiing lessons would be cool! If I am not included. LOL!!!!

Karen likes this.
  14. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I am thinking about getting my grown kids and their families gift cards to somewhere like Great Wolf Lodge and then try to schedule a time later that we can all go at the same time. The tween girl grands have asked for clothes and/or money, and the little grands are getting some random stuff. My teen has asked for Playstation games and some random things. I did already get him an EHD for his Playstation because it was running out of room.

Karen likes this.
  15. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I'm in the Hush Your Mouth! camp but with only the two of us, presents don't come into the picture. And our 6 adult children know that post-21 or marriage, no more prezzies. All the years out of the US got my own family to know that the postage wasn't worth it for international mail.

However...I reminded Mr. R this past weekend that if he has any (foolish) ideas about a Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner event, he's on his own to organize it. We each have a challenging daughter near by but as his Christmas present is a CT Scan to verify ( :angel) that no cancer has returned, I am not interested. The last thing we need is my - and why should I wear a mask?? - daughter and his - food issues - daughter this year.

16. Donitab

Donitab If only the TV would yell back

Anything cool to hang on their walls - Amazon has a neon sign that says hello (and probably other neon signs as well), Amazon also has a cool moon lamp, new phone cases (mine are always getting grungy and cracked) personalized would be great, escape room games, and it might be time for a room makeover (give them a cute card telling them that can pick out new bedding and/or not wall color). Have them make you a wish list for Christmas stuff with at least 10 items on it. If they don’t make a list, no Christmas for them. Even if you don’t give them something from their list, it will give you an idea.

17. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

i'm somewhere between head in the sand
    [​IMG]
    & trying not to panic
    [​IMG]