***CLOSED - winner announced*** GTKY Decorations | Halloween Bash 2020

Discussion in 'Halloween Bash 2020' started by Karen, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

ETA: Congratulations to our winner Electra! Check your conversation for your prize! :agree

How about a fun and easy Get To Know You (GTKY) thread? In the Northern Hemisphere we are heading into Fall/Autumn season. Here in Michigan our trees are changing to many gorgeous colors, the air is crisp and for many families that means it's time to decorate for Fall and/or Halloween.

So, how many of you decorate your homes this time of year? Do you decorate inside or outside your house? I'd love to see a photo of any decorations that you put up or decorations that you just love!

Here's what I wish my Fall decorations looked like:

[​IMG]

But here is all I actually managed this year! :giggle
    IMG_5237 small.jpg

I'd love to see pictures of your decorations!

HOW TO WIN:
    Everyone who posts a picture of their decorations or what they WISH were their decorations in this thread will be entered in a random drawing to win a $3 prize. This game closes at 11:59 pm EDT on Sunday October 25th

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
    norton94, MrsPeel and umyesh like this.
  2. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Cute candy corn block! I love making paper pumpkins like this one to decorate with:
    [​IMG]

Karen and MrsPeel like this.
  3. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

no, we only really decorate for birthdays and Christmas.

Karen and MrsPeel like this.
  4. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

to this I have to add - as Angela and Yours Trully live in the same country on the other side of the pond- Thanksgiving, I think, is only a USA thing.... I honestly had never heard about it until I started going online (way before scrapping, with blogs and communities) ... and then, as I think that being grateful is an important thing in life in general (and I wanted pictures to scrap LOL), we started celebrating, when Sarita was about 8 years old. I haven't access to photos (still haven't managed with my restore) but will see if I have pages done :)
    We used to decorate mainly the Halloween thing, but since my health started deteriorating and Sariota gew up and studies and works, not much of a decorating had been done :(

but I have Bart here who wants to kiss you ladies!!!!

[​IMG]

Karen likes this.
  5. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

kisses for Bart.
    Blessings to you Cynthia.

MrsPeel likes this.
  6. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

It’s not a big thing here either plus I live down a 50 metre/55 yard long driveway tucked in behind another house so even if I did decorate the house no one would see it as from the top of my driveway you don’t see the house and from the next driveway over you only see parts of it - I actually get a better view of my house from the local passenger train!

Karen likes this.
  7. julianz

julianz Well-Known Member

I'm in the same country as @littlekiwi - Halloween is not a big thing here, we don't have Thanksgiving and it's spring not autumn.

Karen likes this.
  8. garrynkim

garrynkim I'm not messy, I'm just really creative!

This is my new purchase this year. I have been wanting a tiered tray. I found one at Home Goods and bought it a few weeks ago. I have so enjoyed getting stuff and decorating it. It now sits in my kitchen! IMG_5299.JPG

Karen, norton94 and bonnenuit like this.
  9. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

For the last few years I have left the decorating more and more up to my kids (who are now 19, 17, and 15) and this has suited my middle child especially well because they enjoyed it so much they would happily do a lot of it on their own. This year they haven't been in the mood to do it though. So there are no decorations up right now to photograph.

One of my favorite photos of our halloween decorations is from cleaning them up in 2016. I caught this large decorative spider in a beam of sunlight.
    Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 5.27.45 PM.png

Karen and garrynkim like this.
  10. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

I don't usually decorate but after all the boring this year has brought I decided that we needed something to cheer us up.

Inside our kitchen:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A couple of things in our yard:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. DivaMom96

DivaMom96 Well-Known Member

Fun challenge! Here's my layout!
    [​IMG]

Karen and norton94 like this.
  12. Amanda Farlinger

Amanda Farlinger Member

I don't usually decorate outside. I hate having to store the things. Might also be that I moved so much that it was less things to move every 2 years! But this is what I wish my front doorway would look like 20201023_212644.jpg

Karen and norton94 like this.
  13. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Bart loves to decorate his pond with lots of spooky things!
    [​IMG]

14. DigiGrace

DigiGrace Make mine a purple passion

15. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

We're living in a temporary lake cottage while we're waiting on our house to be finished. The front porch if kind of "tacky", so I had to do some decorating. I'm just thrilled with how it looks now. Here's how the steps looked before and after.

porch-before.jpg porch-after.jpg
    Here's a picture of our front door wreath. I brought it with me, but added some more pumpkins, leaves and the cute scarecrow.

door-wreath.jpg

This is our inside wreath:
    witch-wreath.jpg

16. Electra

Electra Shutterbug

All my decorations are in storage. Next year we will be in our new house and I will have my own!
    [​IMG]

17. Annsofie

Annsofie Crime Books & Cozy Nooks

We don’t celebrate Halloween but I love a bit of a autumn decoration. 67D3EFE4-BFAA-4E16-A68E-D5FE3F04D663.jpeg

Karen, norton94 and Donitab like this.
  18. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

we don't celebrate in Brazil, only in some schools and some parties in clubs - specially with the internet and globalization they started to be a thing. But no decorations over here. So I love to see all the fun and spooky things from the people who celebrate!

Karen likes this.
  19. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I love looking at how others decorate. In Africa, no thanksgiving, pumpkins, halloween etc.
    If we left anything decorative outside it may not still be there the following day.
    Spring is coming, hayfever and hot flashes.

Karen likes this.
  20. fruitysuet

fruitysuet Well-Known Member

I'd love a tiered tray but can't find an affordable one in the UK.

I love how yours looks.

I have decorated just the shelf in the hallway in the past, but haven't done it this year. DD is currently carving pumpkins (not something we usually do, but her work is having a pumpkin carving challenge) so we may display them in the bay window when she's done.

Karen and garrynkim like this.