Wacom???

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by snaggletooth, Aug 5, 2010.

1. snaggletooth

snaggletooth Minnetonka? Momma? Either way.

ANyone have one, and are they worth the money?
    i have no clue how they work or anything but so many girls have them and rave about themm

2. Karah

Karah Karah

I wouldn't use one if I wasn't a designer - but that being said, that's all I use now - I don't touch a mouse anymore. LOL.

3. estir_bune

estir_bune Guest

I am not a designer and I LOVE mine....

I love it for editing photos! Its perfect! like a ball point pen!

4. snaggletooth

is it easier to extract with?, thats what i heard!

5. snaggletooth

ill take anything that can make me extract easier lol

6. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

i've been eyeing them for a while too... don't have one yet. i was trying to explain to DH that you can use it instead of a mouse... he thought i was nuts. lol.

7. Joan

Joan tiptoeing round the pad

I've used a Wacom tablet for forever. Long before I began digiscrapping. Started with one of the old, tiny Graphires way back when. I cannot imagine going back to a mouse. I don't ever use it, for anything. And I literally start to twitch when I sit down at my computer and my pen is buried under the mess on my desk, knocked on the floor by my cats or absentmindedly placed somewhere weird (because I walk around with it it feels so natural in my hand, lol).

I do see some people who are amazing artists and say they can't use one, they're more comfortable with a mouse. This boggles my mind because, to me, you might as well draw with a brick. There is a learning curve while you get used to it, and some people give up on it through this, but stick it out and in no time it will feel as natural as breathing and you'll wonder how you ever lived without it.

8. eryn

eryn gross no longer

yes you need it Carly!! Trust me! lol I love mine!

9. Karah

Karah Karah

It's definitely WAY easier to extract with a tablet/pen

10. Jule

Jule New Member

I have one...a bamboo fun...it's lying under my bed lol

11. coco

coco coco

LooL the same here :dizzy

everybody says its awesome but I didn`t really figure out where the awesomeness is :hairpol

12. talktoheather

talktoheather The 102nd Dalmatian.

I thought, get a small one, if you like it... spend the big bucks...

I love the small one and hate the big ones!

unless of corse it is one of the cintiqs... :drool

13. eryn

eryn gross no longer

yeah the small ones are fab! Don't get a big one! Unless it's a cintiq...*drool* lol

14. MandaKay

MandaKay Loyal as they come.

I too have a bamboo fun and LOVE it! I use it 85% of the time (the 15% of the time not using it is when I am just surfing web). I hated it at first and gave it up a few times, but once I stuck to my guns and made myself get comfortable with the pen and the way it maneuvers I was loving it!

15. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

huh... I'm surprised to hear so many of you like the tablets. I begged for one a couple years ago and my sister bought me one for Christmas. i just don't get it. I could get it to work like I thought it should... didn't put very much effort into it though and I just gave up and went back to the mouse. I couldn't get used to clicking the buttons on the side and kept clicking the wrong thing and then would forget to push down on it.

Did I mention that I really hate change? LOL!

16. 4noisyboys

4noisyboys Being a Grandma is the best!

I've been eyeing one too. You guys have talked me into getting one though. I've got to try them out. I just have to decide which one. I want the smallest pad that they have, but I didn't see the Bamboo Fun the other day at Best Buy. They had three different ones, but not that one.

17. Paula

Paula Kicks Challenge Butt!

I have a Bamboo fun tablet. I used it a lot, but now I'm back to the mouse.

18. lynning

lynning Makes wishes come true

My Graphire4 just died... I think my 2 1/2 year old and 1 1/2 year old had a role in its demise. Anyway, hubby got tired of me whining about not being able to scrap without it. He went and got me the Bamboo Touch & Pen. Still adjusting because it is different than the Graphire. But I cannot scrap without my pen - definitely gives me more precise control from editing photos to placing elements.

19. 4noisyboys

4noisyboys Being a Grandma is the best!

I just picked up the Bamboo Pen & Touch one. I'm afraid to open it! lol

I'm going to force myself to try it and give it the time needed for learning something new!

20. Ebony

Ebony Member

Oo, let me know how you go Debra :) My guy is getting me one for my birthday and I still have no idea which one to get! I want it for blog and digi supply design.