Shutterfly - Wall Prints anyone?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by elseepe, Sep 17, 2020.

1. elseepe

elseepe I'll follow the sun

I'm wondering if anyone has done any canvas, wall prints, or photo tiles from Shutterfly? Or any other source? (I'm thinking of having 3 artsy style layouts from my old Europe photos done in 16 x 16.)

I've got a coupon that came in my book order and I think they still have a special going on through this coming weekend.

2. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

There is a sale today only on canvas prints at Shutterfly. I actually picked up three more. I have a ton, and I love them! They're about 1.5" thick, which kind of "pops" off the wall compared to ArtsCow canvases, where I've purchased both stretched and regular canvas from AC. The problem with a canvas is they've changed how they ship them: Before, they shipped around a hard cardboard tube (kind of like a thick wrapping paper tube). But now the tube is like foam so during shipping they can get squished, which in turn creases the canvas.

elseepe likes this.
  3. elseepe

So, I just ordered my 3 canvas prints. Dang it was a battle to keep the 40$ promo out of my account in order to take advantage of the 50% off sale.

Tree City likes this.
  4. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I have done Mixtiles and love them!
    IMG_3168.JPG click to make bigger!

elseepe likes this.
  5. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I have only made my own. I ordered some really big prints of some of my beachy photos and then I cut wood panels and glued the prints, with the edges folded over the sides. They turned out really well, but it probably would be cheaper and easier these days to just order some. :giggle

AJK and elseepe like this.
  6. elseepe

@AnneofAlamo I love your wall. I will need to look at doing something like that after we move -- hopefully by year end, but maybe early next year. There is soooo much to do (and purge, and purge, and purge).

@Karen I love that idea. I've been seeing some fun pieces of wood wall art showing up in my facebook feed and makes me want to experiment a little.

For now, playing it relatively safe with an inexpensive way to print some of my own and have it not be so "personal" as we work toward getting our house "market ready".

Karen likes this.
  7. elseepe

My Shutterfly canvas prints arrived a few minutes ago -- that was really quick. They are beautiful. They turned out every bit as wonderful as I hoped they would. I can't believe I have never done this before in all the years I've been creating digital pages.

IMG_8424.jpg

jenn mccabe, AJK and chastml like this.
  8. Tree City

They are GORGEOUS! So glad you like how they turned out!

elseepe likes this.
  9. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Wait!! are these canvas prints not flat and square/rectangle whatever? Please tell me you don't have to mount them yourselves Sara! :cornfused

Tree City likes this.
  10. Tree City

Bwahaha, I should have explained: I use these hanging frames from Amazon. (Actually, I picked some up 14" versions from Target, too--2 for $5!. But I digress). They're easy to swap out and move around, which I really like. I tried to find a photo...this is the first one that came up. (It was of DS reading, so he was the focus, not the canvases, which is why I don't have the flower one fully in frame.) The b/w is a photo DH made while in Leiden that I worked on in PS. It's a SF 24x26om canvas (already stretched and on 1.5" wood frame). The hibiscus is a canvas from Artscow. It's kinda old (in digital time): I think I made it in 2010 or 2011. OH, Maureen, the Leiden print is where we stood with Jenn @jk703 for photos. :) I've had the hardest time finding something for that space but that canvas is perfect.
    Canvases.jpg

I've also taped canvases to the back of a photo mat and put them in frames sans glass. It doesn't work as well IMO; I prefer the hanging magnetic frames.

jk703 likes this.
  11. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I received a Secret Santa gift one year of a canvas print from CVS of my boys...(he snuck one of my pictures from my desk to make it, and returned it without me knowing, lol).... it turned out really nice! I would eve print there after receiving one since I've seen the quality. I can post a picture of it if anyone wanted to see. It was inexpensive and a really thoughtful gift.

jenn mccabe and elseepe like this.
  12. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

So good to know! Glad you posted!

elseepe likes this.
  13. Tree City

What a sweet idea and how awesome he could pull off that sneakiness!

jk703 likes this.
  14. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

ooh so pretty! i've been wanting to do this for my office at work - but i can't decide what i want to have printed. seeing yours makes me want them even more now!

15. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

oh my goodness, that is the sweetest work gift ever!

jk703 likes this.
  16. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Wow! Those turned out great! So pretty!

elseepe likes this.