If I were to break into your house... | pad patter 9.22.20

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by keepscrappin, Sep 22, 2020.

1. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

[​IMG]

If I were to break into your house to steal what's on top of your fridge, what am I getting?

2. keepscrappin

If you broke into my house, you'd find a lot of dust on the actual top of the fridge. But if you looked in the cabinet above the fridge, you'd get some empty flower vases, and a couple of just-in-case birthday gifts for kids and some party balloons and streamers.

3. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Dust. Our fridge is rather tall, so there isn't room for, say, cereal boxes (like I see on TV shows but I've never seen IRL) because of the cabinet above the fridge. I used to keep a cookbook holder up there, but I never used it so it was another dust collector.

Now, the cabinet above the fridge has a Waterford crystal pitcher, a pink Fiesta carafe, and birthday candles.

keepscrappin likes this.
  4. elseepe

elseepe I'll follow the sun

Dust and a fake plant

keepscrappin likes this.
  5. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

Dust for sure. In the cabinet, you'd get the manuals from all our appliances, all the bills from the last 13 years, the receipts from all the furniture and stuff we bought when we first moved in, and a shelf from the fridge (we don't need any of this stuff but can't throw it away...).

keepscrappin likes this.
  6. chastml

chastml Shock me, Sinead O'Rebellion

A basket full of measuring cups and spoons, a roll of parchment paper, a roll of aluminum foil, and an air fryer. Usually, there's a couple egg cartons tossed up there too. I utilize all space in my kitchen, because it's pretty small.

Lisa B, Carla and keepscrappin like this.
  7. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Funny question, Kayla.

We just moved, so I have some interesting things on top of my fridge. The kids unpacked a lot of my boxes and there's quite an assortment of glassware up there. I was just looking at it today and thinking about where else I could put some of it.

Lisa B, Carla and keepscrappin like this.
  8. keepscrappin

It was a question asked in a group on facebook and I needed an idea for today's pad patter so I said what the heck, I'll use it here too. :giggle

Cherylndesigns and Carla like this.
  9. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Bags of coffee, instant coffee, matches, a bottle of sake from Japan (that belongs to ds), lens cleaner towels, and some dust. And the cupboard above it? Used to have some bottles of wine there we were saving (I think we drank them) and the big roasting pan for the turkey.

Lisa B and keepscrappin like this.
  10. Carla

Carla Well-Known Member

hmmm... I do not have a cabinet over my fridge so you would get a package of paper plates, two plastic pitchers and a glass pitcher, a George Forman grill, 4 empty egg cartons(I save them for my cousin who has chickens) and a few drink can huggers. No room for dust!

Lisa B and keepscrappin like this.
  11. keepscrappin

no room for dust... love it! :giggle

Carla likes this.
  12. Carla

Carla Well-Known Member

Believe me.... if there was room, there would be some there...I guarantee it!

keepscrappin likes this.
  13. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Dust. There is only an inch between my fridge and the cabinet above it so can't put anything on top of the fridge. Now that I've had this cabinet for 3 years, I don't like it. I preferred the smaller cabinet that I used to have. It gave me space to put things on top of the fridge. I kept a Longaberger serving tray up there that had all my Glad plastic food storage containers organized and handy. I also had a Longaberger basket with dog treats. That cabinet was the width of the regular cabinets so there was space to sit something taller on top of the fridge. The basket slid under it very nicely. Current cabinet comes almost to the edge of the fridge so the cabinet is deeper but there are no shelves so I use it for tall items that I don't use often (so I don't have to pull out the step stool to get what I need).

keepscrappin likes this.
  14. Carla

Carla Well-Known Member

I have to get mine out for most anything that is higher than the first shelf in the cupboard...it sucks being short! LOL

15. mary kate

mary kate Well-Known Member

A half-eaten bag of potato chips that are going stale because the bag wasn't closed up properly. And some dust.

keepscrappin likes this.
  16. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Right now nothing. I cleaned it not too long ago, 3 months ago would be my favorite appetizer 3 tier golden organizer.

keepscrappin and Lisa B like this.
  17. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

A small plastic basket of markers for the white boards that are on the side of the fridge, and a vase with a fancy feather duster stored in it. LOL

I have no idea what's in the cabinet above the fridge since I can't reach it without a step stool... and I'm tall! Even with a step stool it's hard because the fridge is so much deeper than the cabinet. I know it used to have extra kitchen wallpaper from when our house was built, but I think that got tossed a long while back (the kitchen doesn't have wallpaper anymore) and I can't remember what I stuck up there last time I reorganized. Obviously something very necessary. :lol

18. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

Longaberger basket filled with all sorts of stuff, Tupperware canisters with sugar, flour, and tea bags, Rubbermaid cereal container filled with dog kibble, and stuffed between the fridge top and the bottom of the upper cabinet are a bunch of folded paper bags. Any uncovered surface is covered with greasy grime no doubt.

I’m not sure what’s in that upper cabinet beyond some Disney resort refillable mugs, but it is stuffed full.

keepscrappin likes this.
  19. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Yeah, when they did the kitchen remodel, they wanted to remove the soffet that the previous cabinets hung from and hang the new cabinets directly from the ceiling. I said no. I can barely reach the top shelf by not having them up higher. Had I said yes, I would only be able to reach the bottom shelf. But, in saying no, I only have 10.5 inches between the bottom of the cabinets and the counter. So I lost counter space, no sitting things like the blender under the cabinets. These cabinets are longer than the ones that were put in the house when it was built in 1964. There are days that I wish I had them back because they actually had more space in them! But they were in bad shape and it was time for them to go. Although I do like the corner cabinets I have now better than the old ones. Much easier to access stuff in the back now.

keepscrappin and Carla like this.
  20. Donitab

Donitab If only the TV would yell back

I have a small electric ice cream maker and a Pampered Chef Mandoline Slicer, both of which I should use more often

keepscrappin likes this.