Unlimited pages sale-Shutterfly end Sept 7

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by AnneofAlamo, Aug 31, 2020.

1. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

oh goodness! but yeah on getting it fixed

2. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I still loved seeing those pages in print! And the reprint request was scary easy... they just automatically offered it and I was done in less than five minutes. I was ready and armed with photos and didn't even need them... lol!

3. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Yeah they have awesome customer service if you ever need it.

4. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

umyesh likes this.
  5. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Yeah, they were great about reprinting a book for me back in 2013. When they cut the pages, they got part of one page on the next. Not much, but enough that it was noticeable. I also didn't like the spine so I made a change and they reprinted it for free. I was able to give it to the recipient and they loved it. I have the not so nice copy for myself.

6. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Their customer support is really good.

7. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

My book arrived yesterday! I like my "Remember This" albums, but I usually make smaller ones. This is my second 12x12 ... so I had to figure out how to address the fact there was a previous album AND how to include what years might be in there (because obviously this album won't have, say, Christmas 2020 in it lol).
    [​IMG]

Donitab, Karen and keepscrappin like this.
  8. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I can't believe nobody noticed that before they sent it to you. But, I'm glad they are fixing it! :agree I've had two books that were damaged in shipping and they reprinted both of those for me at no cost.

tkradtke likes this.
  9. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I was surprised as well! It's not subtle....

IMG_7008-tlp.jpg 62137665071__8D9B4226-7DEA-4707-B787-140B68560918-tlp.jpg
    62137667642__0460123D-869F-4AB0-ADE4-34041E041565-tlp.jpg 62137669777__5EAE3E63-3C56-4688-8FF1-099D8C816216-tlp.jpg

Even with the issues, I'm glad they sent it since it was fun to be able to look through the pages now while I wait for the reprint.

10. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Uh... yeah. Someone should have noticed that. Lol. It makes me wonder how fast they crank these books out and I actually wonder if maybe a human doesn't even see them go into the box? It's possible its all automated. And now I want to tour the Shutterfly factory. :giggle

Donitab and umyesh like this.
  11. elseepe

elseepe I'll follow the sun

I received my books yesterday :dancebun. The soft cover small project book has some damage to a corner, I think I'll contact customer service about that one. If it was just bent, I'd deal, but the corner and several of the pages look like my cat chewed on them (not the case).

The BIG book, I love that I did the lay flat option. And for my cover, I expanded the background and did a slight tweak to this layout https://the-lilypad.com/forum/galleries/moc29_photoless_fittitle.287796/full.
    I really enjoyed looking through and having this mass of digital pages that I've been collecting printed out to page through . . .

but while I'm going through it, I notice several pages where the page seems to be printed "high" so that the top edge is cut off and there is white at the bottom edge. I'm not sure I'd get anything different in a reprint, but it does make me want to ask: those of you that print books often do you have some process or tips that you use to try to minimize losing things off the page?

Oddly, some pages seem perfect (even those that have borders close to the edge -- and f course, I have several where nothing is lost because nothing is near the edge.

sfbigbook.jpeg sfflatlay.jpeg sfprojectbook.jpeg

12. HavaDrPepper

Is the white on the bottom of the page actually the top of the layout from another page? For example, a book I had printed had a very small portion of page 1 on the top of page 3. Bottom of page 3 showed up on the top of page 5 and so on. Also, page 2 was on page 4 which showed up on page 6 etc. I had this happen on a book I did. It flowed all the way through the book. So evidently they print all odd pages together and all even pages together then cut them apart. In my case, the cutting of the pages was off which gave the bottom of one page on the top of another. Granted it was only 1/32nd of an inch but you can see it because of the difference in some colors!

Shutterfly reprinted the book for me at no cost.

As to how do I minimize losing things off the page, I do not put anything important anywhere near the edge of the page. If something is "off the edge" of a layout, it is something that it won't matter such as an element cluster. Any titles, photos or journaling are always a good distance from the edge. Doesn't matter if I'm printing books or page prints, I do this for every layout. Learned my lesson on having stuff too close to the edge.

Edit to add photo of a page that was cut off for me.

IMG_1512.jpg

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
    elseepe likes this.
  13. elseepe

elseepe I'll follow the sun

@HavaDrPepper i will have to look closer at those pages, but it doesn’t seem to be through the entire book.

I’ll have to keep this in mind moving forward, but for this book, I’m happy to have those layouts that I scrapped going back to 2016. Fortunately, there is really only one page with any text cut off, the rest are primarily pieces of elements or borders, mildly annoying. I will definitely have to go through ones I haven’t printed yet and take some time to pull things in, and will definitely need to adjust going forward. I guess a lesson learned.

14. HavaDrPepper

@elseepe If you tend to use a lot of the same color for your backgrounds, you may not notice it. I don't unless I'm doing more than one layout for an event. So in my book it was definitely noticeable. Page 3 was the first one that it showed up on which would make sense if they do print all odd pages in a single pass and the even pages as another pass then cut and put together in the book.

15. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

btw. You could send the damage one to a family member. LOL!!!!

Has anyone else gotten their? Mine is estimated for 9/30. It hasn't been printed yet!

16. Donitab

Donitab If only the TV would yell back

Mine came in on Saturday - I have some typos and some of my text ran on the edge on two pages, so yeah, lessons learned:
    Don’t put any text too close to edge
    Don’t wait for a sale to organize your book
    Double check for typos!

But still, done is better than perfect!

I also ordered the Matching Game Tiles for my grandsons with pictures of our family members on them - they are amazing and going in stockings this Christmas.

umyesh likes this.
  17. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

I love the matching game tiles for family memory too! They're so cute! Perfect stocking stuffer idea.