Sleepwear

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by SharLamb, Aug 4, 2020.

1. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

I guess I am just too picky. I wonder why everyone doesn't wear what I wear to bed, which is a COTTON, WOVEN, nightSHIRT. I can't sleep in knits or synthetics (too warm), and a GOWN just gets tangled up (I guess I could cut one shorter, which is what I'm about down to), and I don't want ANYTHING around my waist (pyjamas). I've NEVER been able to find a reasonably priced long-sleeved one. I'd like a couple of those for winter, so my arms aren't cold if I'm reading before falling asleep or in the middle of the night. And even short-sleeved ones at a reasonable price (NOT $80, or even $50) are a rarity. I gave up looking in B&M stores long before the current Hostage Situation, but I can't find what I want online either. I tried men's big/tall SHIRTS, but they're a few inches too short, and the sleeves are way too long!

What do you wear for sleeping?

2. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

I'm no help. I actually prefer knits as I need the stretchiness and find woven fabrics too restricting. I sleep in a t-shirt, with shorts in the summer or sweats/yoga pants/pajama pants in the winter. I'm tall with proportionally long legs, so I do have to order pants online if I don't want them to be floods, and I'm always shocked at how expensive pajamas are.

SharLamb likes this.
  3. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

Summer time I wear knit tees with woven cotton capri bottoms, winter I wear flannel "boyfriend" pajamas with a knit tee under the pj jacket. I take the jacket off when I go to bed. Most of my pajamas and capris are Nick and Nora which I can't find anymore. :( Tees are just whatever brand I find that have a coordinating color.

4. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I almost never buy "sleepwear." I just wear old t shirts, knit shorts, leggings or sweats.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  5. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I'm an old soul. I wear granny gowns. They're 100% nylon, knee length, and sleeveless. Living in Florida, it's hot. All the time. And to top that off, **I'm** hot all the time. I love that it's slippery, so I don't get stuck to the sheets, and it's billowy so there's lots of air flow. I have never been one that's able to sleep in pants, capris, or shorts, even when it gets into the 30's here. Since quarantine, I'm usually in one of these gowns 24/7. LOL

I buy mine from Amazon. They're around $30.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002QQ7T8W/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_-REkFb39FPAA9

Here's my lovely gown style:

grannygown.JPG

SharLamb and jesskab like this.
  6. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

This is me, totally! The only sleepwear I have was given to me and I seldom wear most of it :)

michelepixels and jesskab like this.
  7. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

Usually knit shorts and a big T-shirt.

8. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

Hello kindred spirit! I hate pajama pants with a passion. For some reason, elastic on my back hurts like heck, no matter what size! When I went through chemo, years ago, I was so cold that I would wear fleece onesies. During this time of The Change, I just wear a cotton sleepshirt. I practically live in them at home. It's a silly thing I do, if I'm ever shopping at Walmart (which is not close by), I always pick one up for $6. Just something little I do for myself. So, I now have about 15 of them.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
  9. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Cheap nightgowns from Wal-Mart. I've got a couple long sleeved for winter and 3 short sleeved for summer. 2 of my summer are the same since I liked it so much, I picked up the second one.

I do have old nightshirts that I will pull out at times but I usually stick to the nightgowns. Yes, they do get bunched up at times but that only bothers me while I'm trying to fall asleep. I used to wear tops and pants pajamas but no longer can do that because of the hot flashes at night. Mine aren't as bad as some ladies get but when I get one I have to throw the covers off (sheet and lightweight blanket in the summer), hike up the nightgown and stick the rear end out into the cool air. Only takes a couple of minutes and I'm back to normal and back under the covers I go. Don't know why but that is what helps alleviate the hot flashes at night. (During the day it is putting a towel around my neck... go figure that one out!)

The summer I got Peyton, I did wear sweat shorts, a sport bra and an oversized tank top to bed because I was getting up to take her outside several times a night. Thankfully in 2 months, she was sleeping through the night and I didn't have to go out anymore at 2 a.m. I could go back to my nightgowns.

10. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I sleep in over-sized T-shirts. They have to be very soft cotton. My dd recently got me a Michigan State men's XL jersey that's going to be a fave. I have some long sleeved shirts if I'm cold, but generally, I prefer short sleeved. I wear loose shorts in the summer and flannel pants in the winter. I don't own any legit nightclothes.

Sokee likes this.
  11. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

I guess everyone is different! At the moment I need head to toe flannelette & fluffy socks! Some kind of long pants or shorts regardless of the season - good luck finding a store that has something you are happy with

12. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I don't own any really PJs, I'm a t-shirt and shorts girl in the summer and then t-shirt and sweats or fleece pants and wool socks in the winter. In the winter I will wear a hoodie to bed too while I'm reading and then once I get warmed up, I'll peel that off before I fall asleep. My hubby thinks I'm nuts and constantly makes fun of me for how much I wear to bed in the winter, but I can't get cozy if I'm cold! :giggle

13. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Hmmm... I'm a T-shirt of some sort - pry with holes, lol - and leggings girl.

AJK likes this.
  14. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

100% cotton all the way, preferably soft knits. I like lounge pants with tops, and even in the heat of the summer, I prefer long sleeves and long pants. Part of that is a residue of Lyme, where I was constantly cold. I have been known to confiscate my DH's jammies as well. :-)

15. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

Usually shorts and a tank in the summer...wintertime I wear a wide variety of flannel, fleece and hoodies. Yes, I even wear a hoodie to bed. Haha! Makes up for the no socks. Can't do socks. Ever.

16. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

I'm no help. I'm a birthday suit gal.

17. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Me too and definitely holes. LOL!

michelepixels and jk703 like this.
  18. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I wear nightgowns (but not the "old lady" kind) sans undergarments as I like to "air things out" while I'm sleeping. :giggle I don't have a particular kind or type --- just something that isn't too clingy and is long enough to cover my butt when I sit down.

19. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

LOL! I was too until a friend's house caught on fire. Yes, she was in nothing but her birthday suit, and had to escape through a bedroom window. That taught me the value of wearing SOMETHING!

Pachimac, Memaw2Wm and AJK like this.
  20. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

Or having a robe nearby. Pre-kids I slept naked, but once my little darlings arrived I had to cover up. I also have a small bedroom with too much furniture, so I sleep with the door open so I don't feel claustrophobic, plus the open door allows air flow so my room isn't too hot or too cold.

SharLamb likes this.