July Scraplift Challenge

Discussion in 'July 2020 Challenges' started by HeatherB, Jun 27, 2020.

1. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Hi everyone! I can't believe it's July already! I am bringing you the Scraplift Challenge, and this month we are looking at our favourite pages - those pages that we are Watching in the Gallery. You can find the pages that you have marked to watch by hovering over Watched Content and clicking Watched Layouts in the Gallery.
    [​IMG]

I had a wonderful time browsing my Watched Layouts category and had a lot of trouble just picking one page to lift. I finally settled on two pages, this beauty from Angie (@angiekey):
    [​IMG]

and this amazing page from Jenn (@jk703):
    [​IMG]

In the first, I love the big photo, the way the center of the image is framed to make the subject stand out, and how the elements go underneath the framed portion of the photo. In the second, I love the big photo, the contrast of the yellow and navy papers, the blending of 2 papers in the background to add texture and interest, and the quote.

Here is my take on these two pages:
    [​IMG]

Your challenge is to choose 2 pages from your Watched Layouts to scraplift. I need to see evidence of both pages that you chose to lift in your final layout. Make sure you credit the lifted pages in your gallery credits and show us both pages in this thread along with your final layout.

As always, please remember the monthly challenge rules: Your page must contain at least 75% Lilypad product. Your page should be posted to the Lilypad Gallery and then linked to the July Challenge Layouts thread so it can be tracked, and to this thread.

The Lilypad uses a percent system for our challenges; the number of challenges you participate in determines the store discount you will receive at the end of the month:

2 challenges = 10% off
    4 challenges = 20% off
    6 challenges = 30% off

If you complete 7 challenges, you will receive a coupon for 30% off, plus you will be entered to win a $50 gift certificate from the Lilypad! The first seven challenges will be posted on the first of the month; the eighth challenge is the BYOC challenge, which is posted on BYOC release day. Each page counts for one challenge (you cannot use one layout for multiple challenges).

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
  2. bjc

bjc Trophy Wife

how do you put things in watched content? i went to mine and i was surprised there was a lot of layouts in watched content but i dont remember putting them in or what i checked . how are things in watched content? thanks for making me aware of this

HeatherB and Sharon-shutterbug like this.
  3. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

I have never paid much attention to the "watched" categories or marked them. Is it okay just to pick two layouts you really like and use them?

HeatherB and bjc like this.
  4. bjc

bjc Trophy Wife

i hadnt either but when i went to see the watched i had a bunch of layouts. no idea how they got there but hoping someone tells us . yu may have too if you check your watchewd

HeatherB likes this.
  5. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I don't have anything in my watched category - never even knew it was a thing

HeatherB and Sharon-shutterbug like this.
  6. Thuria

Thuria Well-Known Member

@bjc @flowersgal @Eyeore I guess that it's when you open a LO and leave a message. Then, the pages are automatically added in this section.

sbpoet, bjc and HeatherB like this.
  7. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

@Thuria It can't be as I comment on layouts often.
    I think first we need a lesson on adding layouts to the watched category... @HeatherB

HeatherB likes this.
  8. Thuria

Thuria Well-Known Member

@Eyeore I thought this because all the LOs I see in mine are with comments I made. But, I may be wrong, sure.
    Keen to know exactly what it is then. :agree

HeatherB likes this.
  9. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

I agree. I have 11 LOs in my Watched LOs but I don't know how they got there. They each have elements that I think I wanted to lift.

HeatherB likes this.
  10. DivaMom96

DivaMom96 Well-Known Member

@Thuria @wvsandy @Eyeore @flowersgal @bjc

So, at the top of the page, click your portrait and choose "Preferences." A box will open with Preferences about media and threads. Make sure the box next to "Automatically watch media that you add or when you comment"

Now, when you add a layout, it will be added, and all layouts on which your comment will be added to your watched layouts.

Thuria, Ga_L, MrsPeel and 2 others like this.
  11. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

Thank you for this!

HeatherB and DivaMom96 like this.
  12. Trish

Trish Well-Known Member

Wow, I never knew about that watched layouts area. So cool. Here is my first one I just love by @jk703 I love the beachy, summer theme and the colors are gorgeous.
    [​IMG]
    and my second choice is this fabulous layout by @wombat146 The blended photo is so beautiful
    [​IMG]
    here is my lift
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
    HeatherB and tysam55 like this.
  13. HeatherB

Watching a layout is really simple. There are 2 ways to do it. The first way is to have your preferences set up to automatically Watch a layout that you comment on. Hover over your user name:
    [​IMG]

click Preferences, and choose this:
    [​IMG]

The second way is to click Watch Layout at the top of the page when viewing a page in the gallery:
    [​IMG]

Ga_L likes this.
  14. HeatherB

Sure, the goal is to pick 2 favourite layouts, so this is a fine alternative!

flowersgal likes this.
  15. HeatherB

This is probably because you haven't set up your preferences to automatically Watch layouts that you comment on.

16. HeatherB

Maybe you marked them "Watch Layout" at one point in time? As far as I know there are only 2 ways to watch, one through Preferences and the other through clicking "Watch Layout" in the gallery. :)

17. easyeyes4you

easyeyes4you Well-Known Member

Interesting... i had NO idea... I do make comments, but pretty sure I never set a preference for something I knew nothing about.. went and looked... YaY!!! I have 27 pages of layouts to choose from!!!!!

tysam55 and HeatherB like this.
  18. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Like a lot of others have said I don’t watch any layouts or save any from the gallery so not sure what I could do. I have plenty of other layouts not from TLP saved on Pinterest though.

HeatherB likes this.
  19. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Jennifer, if you look at post #14, Heather explained that you can just pick 2 LOs you love, no matter where they are (in case you don't have watched LOs or you have no idea you were "watching" them, so, just pick two pages you love, and go with it, Heather said is a perfectly acceptable option :)
    @HeatherB
    hope I am not misquoting you, with my neurological stuff, but I read some 5 or 6 times and I think I got it right LOL
    LOVE YOU!!!!!!!

HeatherB likes this.
  20. HeatherB

You got it perfectly! Love you too! :)

MrsPeel likes this.