Memorial Day | Pad Patter 5.24

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, May 24, 2020.

1. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Happy Memorial Day weekend to those of you who are celebrating!! And a happy weekend to everyone else! We are grilling steaks tomorrow and other than that, we're not doing much else. My daughter, her kids, and my mom all stopped by today unexpectedly and it kind of threw me off on some projects I had planned to do, but I won't complain about actually getting to see some people right now lol. I have spent some time shopping some Memorial Day sales online and actually bought a sofa and chair for my living room yesterday.

So, what's everyone up to this weekend??
    Anyone found any great sales anywhere?

2. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Happy Memorial Day! It's rained here most of the weekend and is supposed to rain all day tomorrow. That's put a damper on people who did have plans. We don't really have any plans - had a nice spaghetti dinner this evening that our daughter fixed for us. I'm planning to do some online looking, but I haven't bought anything yet. Did you buy your couch and chair online, Jan? My DD just bought a coffee table online and has to send it back because one of the legs wouldn't screw in to the bottom of the table. That's disappointing.

3. IntenseMagic

We were supposed to have rain today, but it held off. We might get some storms tomorrow, though. I did not buy the couch and chair online. I had looked, but just couldn't pull the trigger without sitting on it lol. I ended up with one that wasn't really on my radar before I went in the store. It sucks when you have to send something back like that!!

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  4. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I hear you about sitting in it first. Yes, that's the bad part of online shopping but the good part - send it back. Glad the rain held off for you.

5. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Hubster and I are making Memorial Day truly memorable! We are going to ride the Sky Wheel! Even though I have an issue with heights, I am doing this, because I have so many things I wanted to do before this age! And thanks to CV, we will have a gondola to ourselves!!!!!! Yea!! So 10 stories up, here I come!

flowersgal, BevG and IntenseMagic like this.
  6. IntenseMagic

Have a great time!! We rode the Sky Wheel a few years ago and I basically did it just to say I did hahaha. I am not a fan of heights or Ferris wheels. I will ride the biggest baddest roller coaster, but not anything that goes up high slowly! The views from the Sky Wheel were amazing, though!

7. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

We had the opportunity to ride the wheel when it was here on Pensacola Beach. The wheel that was here is the one that is now in Atlanta. Pretty amazing views! @AJK @IntenseMagic

We went to my niece's house for a midday meal. I haven't really shared much about it here in the forum, but Jay's sister, Theresa, was diagnosed with cancer on Easter Sunday. So we are trying to spend as much time with her as we can. We're being as safe as possible, but quarantine feels different when faced with other life-threatening issues. It was nice to be with everyone. :)

8. Jan

Jan I'm sorry, I can't. I'm busy doing nothing!

We were going to barbeque steaks and hotdogs/hamburgers with our son and his family for dinner. But the rain started about mid morning and didn't let up except for very short periods of time. We finally gave up on doing it today. Maybe tomorrow. But we had a nice quiet day.

9. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

We took Friday off of work and spent the entire weekend working our butts off! Lol! We did yard work, pulled weeds, power washed our brick walkway, power washed all of our back yard and patio furniture, bought and planted flowers in the backyard, I patched a couple spots in the drywall in my kitchen (removed 2 built-in speakers and 2 un-needed outlets) and even bought a new table saw and built a stand for that. I was so exhausted by the end of the weekend that I was happy to go back to work! Lol!

10. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

@gonewiththewind @IntenseMagic
    Well, here it is! After the first round it was pretty cool. I had to breathe through the first time at the top. But it feels good to have faced that and done it AND have a good time. Funny, hubster was pretty cool about it all, and then afterwards said :gigglep "Well, you noticed I was holding onto the back of the seat with my left hand the entire time, right?"!!!! :giggle:rollin
    [​IMG]
    Next month: the helicopter ride over the ocean. Ohhhh shooot! Did I say ocean???? Ummmm...:backing

gonewiththewind likes this.
  11. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

How about astronauts landing in the ocean? Had to laugh a couple minutes ago. A news program was talking about the astronauts launching today landing in the ocean when they return. They were talking with a former astronaut who has only done land landings. I'm thinking to myself... what about all the Mercury, Gemini and Apollo astronauts in the 60's/70's... they all landed in the ocean! This isn't a new thing.

AJK likes this.
  12. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

Our sump pump broke Memorial Day morning so the washing machine leaked out over part of the basement. Luckily, it wasn't much water and nothing important was damaged but the carpet got wet and the smell was something else until the plumber could come yesterday.

We're still quarantining so nothing else special happened: chores & working on house projects, playing outside/on the trampoline, a movie, bingewatching after the kids go to bed, scrolling through TikTok.

13. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

My cousin's husband passed away (just 37 years old) unexpectedly and I went to the small family funeral. My hubby stayed home with our kids. So, needless to say, it was a very different Memorial Day. But we celebrated his life and my cousin is holding up pretty well. They do have 5 kids (ranging from 9 - 14). So, she could definitely use your prayers. She has her hope in Christ and knows they'll be together again.

14. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

@AJK Yay! You (both) did it! LOL

@LeeAndra Ugh on the water in the basement. Are you going to just clean the carpeting or are you going to have to replace a basement's worth of carpet? Yikes!

@Scrapping with Liz I'm so sorry for your loss. I'll keep your cousin and their children in my prayers. Sending ((HUGS))

15. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

@Scrapping with Liz I am sorry to hear this. Glad she is anchored for this storm. We will pray for the family.

16. meganmecrazy

meganmecrazy Caution: Randomly Breaks Out into Show tunes

We didn't do much but cook some food on the grill and relax!