It took a pandemic | Pad Patter 1 May

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bellbird, May 1, 2020.

1. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

So we've lived in the same house for almost a decade and for several years when i put stuff away in the linen cupboard the top shelf which extends well above the doorframe has either been wasted space or an avalanche waiting to happen but his week while DH was working from home i remembered to mention it and he ended up making a shelf insert thing out of bits and pieces in his workshop that gives it some structured areas so it's usable and more practical! All it took it seems was a pandemic...

Have you finally got around to something, or discovered something as a silver lining to all this staying home?

2. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

YES! When tidying my my mother's old albums ready for passing on to my younger sister, I found a photo frame my sister had given us for our 25th anniversary nearly two years ago that I had not put any photos in ... now it does. Also today I will be finishing off making curtains for my craft/computer room. I had bought the fabric last year for this project and had not got around to making the curtains.

(looks like there was a reflection on the wedding photo... my Ken does not have a mustache. )
    IMG_6271.JPG

bestcee, jesskab, norton94 and 8 others like this.
  3. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

@A-M Those are wonderful! And what a handsome Ken!

bellbird and A-M like this.
  4. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Beautiful. well done on getting things done.

5. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

hate to say it but it took a pandemic and a lockdown to realise how attached I had become to mindlessly scrolling on my phone. My iphone charging port stopped working/broke about a week into lockdown and I've been without it for 4 weeks and will be for probably 2 more until the repair shop opens again and apart from a couple of occasions I have not missed it (it does also help that job hunting is on hold so no one important is trying to get hold of me).

bestcee, jesskab and LynnG like this.
  6. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

glad you haven't missed it too much - i think that's a fairly common attachment these days but it's partly why i like android phones, we have that many cords and chargers that all use the same mini-usb kinda thing i doubt they'd all break at once

7. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

this problem is the actual port, not the cable for once so unfortunately the professionals will have to step in (I could get it fixed now but as its done contactless at the moment I'd rather wait a couple more weeks and hope that on the 11th our Prime Minister announces we've done well and can go from level 3 alert to level 2 alert which will allow a more normal life to occur)

bellbird likes this.
  8. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

i hope your country gets to that step without any second wave issues

9. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I have gotten some organization done while on Lockdown. I cleaned messy dresser drawers and also my bathroom drawers. I've also gotten my digital files a lot more organized, as well as my EHD's organized. I've tried to take advantage of this time to get some things done that I always put off.

bellbird likes this.
  10. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

It took a pandemic to plant a vegie patch :)

[​IMG]

LynnG and bellbird like this.
  11. meganmecrazy

meganmecrazy Caution: Randomly Breaks Out into Show tunes

12. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

hopefully you aren't affected by a shortage of veg, given the lag between the planting and the harvesting (and if the caterpillars and snails get to it first, then it's just a lot of disappointment!)

Juliestcyr likes this.
  13. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

We are lucky, lots of veggies here but I just had a hankering to get my hands in the dirt and pick off some cherry tomatoes and snow peas .... plus the marigolds are pretty :)

bellbird likes this.
  14. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Our shower head has been slowly dripping for several months. My hubby finally had time this weekend to tear the on/off faucet handle this weekend and figure out what parts were bad and making it leak. It was a couple of seals and springs that only cost $7 to fix! Woo-hoo! It was such a small thing, but was SOOOOO annoying! Our soap bar sits directly under the shower head, so it would drip on the bar of soap all night long and in the morning it would be a giant slimy mess. Our shower is tiny too, so there wasn't anywhere else to move the soap to. :giggle I kept saying I was going to be a stick on soap dish and he kept saying... we don't need it, I'll get it fixed. :giggle Well, now he had time to do it!

15. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

It took the pandemic for me to be able to fully participate in iNSD. With my new job last year, which had shifts EVERY weekend (which I liked because then my husband was with our kids, last least), I was no longer able to do much digiscrap holiday fun anymore. I have thoroughly enjoyed this long iNSD weekend, thank you!

norton94 likes this.
  16. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

We've accomplished some much-needed yard work around here (we've lived here 4 years and there's still so much to do). We've also painted a few rooms and deep cleaned some areas. I love it!

17. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

Well I have been working from home through this pandemic so I have not got as much done if I was "off work" but I have done some organization items.

However hubby was home for 6 weeks so he added the ramp rail to our deck; changed out the gutters on back of the house and cut some weeds/trees down along the sides of our yard. He also became Mr. Cook while he was off and would fix lunch and supper for us since I am working.

I really missed him at lunch today since he went back to work today.

18. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

Not yet, but I need to do so.

[​IMG]

19. Lisa B

Lisa B What am I supposed to do with all this chalk?

20. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind