Lightroom Organization

Discussion in 'Photography Pad' started by BevG, Apr 19, 2020.

1. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I happened to mention in the Slow Speed scrap the other day that I was organizing and tagging over 52,000 photos in Lightroom. Someone mentioned that was a lot of tagging. I am not really tagging so much as I am sorting. My old software allowed me to sort by topic, event, etc. so the vast majority of my photos were already sorted. So when I went to LR, I use that idea as my folder names. Here are my highest levels, with lots of sub-folders. I opened the Event one to give you an idea.
    Capture.JPG

I have probably over 100 people tags, but have them grouped in 6 family groups, a friends group, a church group, and us. Here are the other keywords I have so far:
    Capture2.JPG

Anyway, I thought I would share and maybe inspire someone to think outside the typical date folders.

And yes, I have a food tag and a food folder. Same with flowers and trees. I have not quite decided how to resolve this as some food pics are just random food pics taken at home, while the food tags are food we ate while on vacation.

Places visited are the various museums, state fair, etc. around the area.

Lisa B likes this.
  2. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I tag my food photos: food, dinner or food, restaurant. This way I can pull up all food if that's what I want, or narrow it down to home cooked versus out food.

Lisa B and BevG like this.