April Journaling Challenge

Discussion in 'April 2020 Challenges' started by HeatherB, Mar 28, 2020.

1. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Hi everyone and welcome to our April Challenges. The topic of conversation everywhere seems to be our current international crisis and how it is affecting each and every one of us. So this month, our Journaling Challenge is documenting Life Right Now.

Now if talking about the current situation isn't your cup of tea, you can interpret this challenge to be talking about any moment in your history where things were a little different. Perhaps you went through a busy sports season with your kids keeping you occupied at every waking moment. Or perhaps you went through a period of time where you cared for elderly parents. Or maybe you remember the sleepless nights when you had a brand new baby or puppy in the house.

Here's my page for a little inspiration (credits linked in gallery):
    [​IMG]

The rules are simple.
    • Your title must be "Life Right Now"
    • Journal about a moment in time
    • Use 200 words or more
    • If you journal in a language other than English, please provide a translation in the gallery credits
    There are some products that are well-suited to this journaling topic. Paislee Press has this set of wordart available right now on her blog (click image to go to her blog):
    [​IMG]

And our up-coming April BYOC has some very suitable products for your scrapping needs for this topic, so you might want to hold off until you see the BYOC.

As always, please remember the monthly challenge rules: Your page must contain at least 75% Lilypad product. Your page should be posted to the Lilypad Gallery and then linked to the April Challenge Layouts thread so it can be tracked, and to this thread.

The Lilypad uses a percent system for our challenges; the number of challenges you participate in determines the store discount you will receive at the end of the month:

2 challenges = 10% off
    4 challenges = 20% off
    6 challenges = 30% off

If you complete 7 challenges, you will receive a coupon for 30% off, plus you will be entered to win a $50 gift certificate from the Lilypad! The first seven challenges will be posted on the first of the month; the eighth challenge is the BYOC challenge, which is posted on BYOC release day. Each page counts for one challenge (you cannot use one layout for multiple challenges).

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
    Karen likes this.
  2. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

YEA!!!!! Thank you for the alternative option! I for one and feeling overwhelmed with the virus talk! Yes, it is serious, real, and happening. But it is NOT all that is happening in life. Thanks again!!
    And thanks for the Typography pack!

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
    3BluEyedBabies and HeatherB like this.
  3. cinna

cinna The Force is ALWAYS with me ...

The nightmare here isn't the virus - it's the 200 words I need to produce in a foreign language....:backing

[​IMG]

cookingmylife likes this.
  4. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Carina, you can journal in your native language...just provide a translation in the credits. You can do that using an online translator pretty quickly.

I updated the opening post's requirements to allow for this. :)

cinna likes this.
  5. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
    AJK and HeatherB like this.
  6. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

I have had a page germinating in my head about this time, and I think this challenge will help me make it a reality! Thank you!

HeatherB likes this.
  7. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

206 words of journaling.
    [​IMG]

AJK, HeatherB and bonnenuit like this.
  8. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

9. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

A serious page today for me. Good therapy! THANKS!
    [​IMG]

HeatherB likes this.
  10. Mrivas

Mrivas I know how to spit like a man

Great challenge, here is mine:
    [​IMG]

HeatherB likes this.
  11. michele hillam

michele hillam Loading up the bookmobile

12. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

I had made this page before reading the challenges, so I changed the title to make it fit (it's a lot better now!).
    My journaling is in Greek, but I promise to translate it for you during the weekend.
    The photos are all mine. Things I see during my daily walk - I have to leave the house once a day to keep my sanity!
    [​IMG]

13. LynnZant

LynnZant Well-Known Member

14. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

[​IMG]
    It’s easy to be swept up in the fear and sadness of the covid-19 reporting as the illness sweeps across the globe. But we know that the boys are fine, they have food and are getting through this in style. Josh in London, working from home. CJ in Bulgaria professionally gaming and climbing the ranks over there regardless of the undersea internet cable damage that affects us on these shores. So that leaves just the three of us at home. We are under lockdown, day 8 of our mandatory 21 days. And it can get boring so we choose to have fun. We choose to make things to experience and document via photos and on Instagram or whatsapp status shares. A little levity goes a long way. My #lockdownpicaday this morning was a scientific experiment. A taste test, of three different shortbread covered chocolate balls. We all thought that Whispers would be the clear winner, (Andrew’s favourite treat and my Granny’s too from over 30 years ago) but actually we discovered that Regal had the perfect ratio of chocolate to shortbread and the sweet honey taste lingered long afterwards. We all three voted Regal the best, then whispers and lastly tumbles. Then Rosie did a price comparison and Regal won that one too, by far. Who would have guessed this would be how we spend our days? (227 words)

HeatherB likes this.
  15. zinzilah

zinzilah One step at a time

16. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Here is mine! Hubby took this picture while he did the line at the grocery store on the 13th of March.

[​IMG]

17. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I am so sorry, this was supposed to go into the PHOTOGRAPHY challenge. oops!!!!!

18. lm44west

lm44west All You Need is Ice Cream

19. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

Mine is a two page spread

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

cookingmylife, Skivvy and HeatherB like this.
  20. sharonb

sharonb Cher Memere

The template is from NBK Design Easy Peasy Newspaper templates Art Crush 26 and various kits. See credit for details. I have around 225 words. Great challenge.

[​IMG]

cookingmylife, wvsandy and HeatherB like this.