Purses | 2.16

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, Feb 16, 2020.

1. DivaMom96

DivaMom96 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Dalis likes this.
  2. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I dream of the day when I can just go out with my phone, when we pay with our phones and our ID is on our phones and we use some kind of digital method replacing keys. I already travel as light as I can. My purses have almost all been small. I found the one I'm using now a couple of years ago in a discount store and it's a nice shade of blue but the fabric is nylon and it's a little ugly. But it's great for being organized. The body is divided into 3 zippered sections: one for money and cards, the middle spacious section holds a charger cable and plug and anything I might want to carry, and the other outside section holds a few business cards, tissues, and a pen I almost never use. In the three outside pockets I zip up my keys and keep lip balm. The whole purse is about 6"x9".

And it has a crossbody strap. I always have those so my purse can be more secure and so I can hold it hands-free.

3. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

:compcoffee

Dalis likes this.
  4. gonewiththewind

They are so awesome, and I love having the different sizes to accommodate different purse sizes. :)

DivaMom96 likes this.
  5. gonewiththewind

I don't have near as many as I used to, but I have way more than I use. I really should sell some of mine as well.

Hit me up - if I have the cash and it's a purse I want, I'll buy it. LOL

6. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I was thinking I needed them in all the sizes! LOL!!!!

gonewiththewind likes this.
  7. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Oh Anne-Marie - those purses are calling my name!! LOVE them!

A-M likes this.
  8. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I love purses which is why I never buy name-brand as I like to switch them out for spring/summer and fall/winter. I am the same way with all of my accessories: jewelry, shoes, etc. I want to have a lot which means I can't spend a lot on them!

9. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

10. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

Medium for me, too. For just my stuff I would use something that's right on the line between small and medium, but I also have to carry DS's epipens, so that pushes me into a true medium for everyday use. I love Baggallini purses. They're very lightweight and have great compartments for organizing your stuff. Places like TJ Maxx, Marshalls, and Amazon tend to have some of the older styles at great prices, so I own more than I'd admit to DH, LOL. One is red, but all the rest are black. What can I say--I like basic! In addition to the one I use every day, I have a couple of bigger ones that I can use for day trips (one for carrying stuff for the entire family, the other if it's just me) and 2 smaller ones that I can use if I don't need to carry the epi-pens and really want to go light. 90% of the time I use my everyday medium bag.

11. Susan - s3js

Susan - s3js Well-Known Member

I LOVE Vera Bradley. Alas, I used my Vera Villager until it fell apart and it's only made in special runs now. That said, I have a gazillion patterns to make wonderful bags as soon as I can find my sewing machines in the stupid trailer that's taken up residence in my front yard. It came to live here, temporarily, 6 years ago when we started the reno. Now it won't go away! I'm anxious to make a bunch of them and gift them. I love the bag organizer Sheryl @gonewiththewind shared and might get a couple, although I have a marvelous pattern to make one that I found here: https://www.sewcanshe.com/blog/2016/8/29/handy-purse-organizer-free-sewing-pattern
    [​IMG]
    I might just make it up and tweak it here and there with some new ideas I have! Oops, I carry bags of all size, depending on what I need to do. Almost all are cross body or have long enough straps to wear cross body. I need one large enough to carry my Kindle Fire.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
    Memaw2Wm likes this.
  12. gonewiththewind

@Susan - s3js That organizer looks super cute. Alas, I do not sew, so I shall just rely on the ones I already have.

13. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I am a small purse person... must be crossbody as I walk most everywhere and don't want to mess with actually carrying a purse. I just keep buying this one in a new color every couple of years...

CCB415_B0973_01.jpg

14. Susan - s3js

Susan - s3js Well-Known Member

gonewiththewind likes this.
  15. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

I need a big purse because I carry everything but the kitchen sink (or want the flexibility to, lol). I initially bought this purse because I wanted to be able to carry my laptop to and from work. I always buy good quality purses that last a long time. I've had this one for several years and it still looks new. Tory Burch is expensive, but very good quality. I'm willing to invest in something I use daily. I also have smaller purses I use when I'm doing activities where I don't want to lug the big one around (those I usually wear cross body).

[​IMG]