Purses | 2.16

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, Feb 16, 2020.

1. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I love purses too...but they must have a few things
    an outside pocket for my phone
    inside pockets that are on the sides (hate the bit of fabric to separate my stuff)
    I love Vera Bradley, and got this at a thrift with the wallet:
    the wallet is nice, cause i can pop my phone in there too, and just grab it to go on the lighter side!
    59978005340__101BE088-0BFD-428A-B0D3-5B96E3F8C23E.JPG

IntenseMagic, KarenB and Karen like this.
  2. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

med size for the most part and I use them till they fall apart!! I do have a huge epiphanie camera purse that I love but that is mainly when we are traveling places in the car where I am bringing my Canon DSLR with the zoom lens otherwise the medium size is what I take that I can fit my powershot smaller compact digtal camera will fit in.

KarenB likes this.
  3. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I carry a purse. More big than small. Clean lines and different colors usually.

Current one:
    upload_2020-2-17_8-22-10.png

IntenseMagic and Karen like this.
  4. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

OMG!!! :rofl

5. Karen

I do both big and little purses. Currently I have a big one, with a wristlet wallet, so I can grab just my wallet easily and go if I need to go lighter. I have a big purse right now because I've been carrying my TN (traveler's notebook) sized journal with me so I can keep up on my daily journaling. I've also been know to pick a purse that I can fit a Jimmy Johns sub in, because that's handy. :giggle I do agree that the big purses end up with too much stuff in them, but I'm known to week stuff out frequently just to keep it light!

sushimommy, IntenseMagic and KarenB like this.
  6. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Coach for me too! I have my big open satchel that I use every single day for work. It holds stuff I need to take home at night, water bottles, a lunch sak, glasses .... and many other things.

For quick errand runs - I just use a tiny coach wristlet. Keys, cards, phone, lip balm. That's all I need.

I have a small coach purse for treks into the city or bigger shopping trips. I can carry it by the handles or use the strap as a cross body and fit a bit more stuff and walk hands free.

The little stage coach emblem fell off my big satchel this past week - and it's annoying the heck out of me. May be time for a new bag soon!

438ED02E-E550-461C-9D42-D8D3A975A602.jpg

KarenB and Karen like this.
  7. Karen

I require a link to the organizer! I think I NEED one! :giggle

8. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I had LeSportsac purses black (winter) and a tan ( summer) like this one for years. My boss told me about them and I loved being able to throw them in the washer. I'm pretty sure mine were a slightly smaller size but maybe not.

[​IMG]

But I decided I was sick of them after about 20 years, and wanted leather but never quite found what I liked or needed. I am definitely not a BIG purse and my shoulders are much happier. I also like to have both my hands free so I wear any purse cross body especially when we did a lot of traveling. I never found a leather one I wanted but did find a fake Prada one from a Nigerian vendor in Italy. It's also nylon-ish fabric like those LeSportSac ones but was too small after that trip. Then came one that was just right from Target quite similar to the ones @A-M illustrated but with a flap over the purse - fake leather - and I loved it. But it really got shabby with all the edges wearing off and after hearing my son say my ancient shoes looked like a vagrant's (and he was right!) I gave that purse away. It probably ended up in the trash. LOL

I think I will spend a lot of time browsing the net today!

IntenseMagic and KarenB like this.
  9. KarenB

KarenB I like dogs. And maybe three people.

I love how you call handbags purses :giggle To me, in the UK, a purse is the small thing you keep money in that goes in your handbag (I think you call it a wallet)? A wallet over here is what men keep their money in and goes in their back pocket usually. Sorry to go off topic. I just love our language differences - so interesting :)

10. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

If the purse is less than a year old, you can send it in to have that repaired free of charge. If it's over the year mark, you can still send it in and they will repair for a set fee. I didn't read through everything, but I think you can even take them to the retail store, too. https://www.coach.com/product-care.html

11. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Karen and IntenseMagic like this.
  12. sharonb

sharonb Cher Memere

I like my Kate Spade purse now. I started with Coach, then went to MK and got the same purse in every color!!! lol Now I am a Kate Spade fan with the same purse in 2 colors. Does everyone else have way too many purses? I don't change them enough to warrant them, but I like buying them.

gonewiththewind and IntenseMagic like this.
  13. blueberries

blueberries Did I ever tell you I have a thing for snakes?

I recently had to switch from a lifetime of shoulder/hobo bags to a handbag and let me tell you, it's weird. I didn't realize how much time it would take to get used to not having both hands free at all times, or have it hanging off my forearm and getting in the way.

It also means I can't carry anywhere near as much stuff as I'm used to. I like having a bag that's big enough for anything I need to carry with me while I'm out and about - wallet, brush, camera, phone, tablet, water bottle, headphones, notebooks ...

So the handbag just doesn't cut it but handheld is still my only choice. I'm waiting for the arrival of a fancy new backpack with a carry handle; I'm hoping that will work out for the times I need to carry half my desk with me :-D

IntenseMagic likes this.
  14. DivaMom96

DivaMom96 Well-Known Member

I have a small pouch purse that I carry inside a larger tote bag because there are SO MANY THINGS I just have to have on hand!
    When I go into the store, I just grab the smaller one (with my keys, wallet, lipstick) and go shop.

[​IMG]

IntenseMagic and Dalis like this.
  15. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I can totally see this!

KarenB likes this.
  16. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

17. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

I have so many coach purses. Like at least twenty. And all I carry now is a coach wallet. No purse, or i just put id one credit card and some cash on my jeans pockets. I got sick of putting my purse in the lockers at work so I just started carrying a wallet. I really need to sell my purses.

18. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I'm a Coach girl, too. I hit up the outlet when we go to the beach. I have several in different sizes and for different seasons. My current bag is MK, but I'm going to switch back to my small Coach cross-body this evening I think. I didn't get to it yesterday.

I love your satchel! I do carry a bag with work stuff in it, planner, notebooks, etc and I need a new one.

This is what I like to do on work days!

I love the language differences, too :) Some here do call them handbags as well, they've just always been purses to me.

I have a beautiful epiphanie camera purse as well, but I also only carry it when we are traveling and I need all the lenses :)

gonewiththewind, KarenB and cfile like this.
  19. DivaMom96

DivaMom96 Well-Known Member

gonewiththewind likes this.
  20. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!