iNdeed iNeed of some directionz (pleaze) ...

Discussion in 'Learning Pad' started by gypzywind, Jan 31, 2020.

1. gypzywind

gypzywind Guest

...'ell'OH (((((((((dear lilypad gUrUz))))))))) ... could sOmeone (pleaze) let me know where to find iNformation about a mezzage of "The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension" ... (?)

... echOez of thanX n' hOpe

2. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

@gypzywind
    I did a bit of a google search and one thing came up that it could possibly be the size of your file you are uploading.
    Have you read through the information on gallery upload sizes HERE

3. gypzywind

gypzywind Guest

hi (((((((((dear seaSTAR A-M))))))))) ... uzed to have tHAt "size" izzue ... got it fiXed by "saving the jpg for web" ... quite sure it izN'T that ... will go to the "HERE" up above ... thanX sO very much!!!

waz juzt getting uzed to clicking around here ... ... ...

4. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

What is the file name that you are trying to upload, and what is the file extension (i.e., what comes after the ".") in your file name?

5. gypzywind

gypzywind Guest

hiya (((((((((dear seaSTAR gonewiththewind))))))))) the file iz named "SwL_MOCCutFileFUN8forWEB" there izn't a "." in the name ... n' the size 4.1 MB ... have tried another file with different name n' get the same mezzage ...

perhapz a different LayOut will B' made ...

i thank yoU ... echOez of hOpe

6. A-M

@gypzywind if your file size is 4.1mb that is way too big for the gallery. It needs to be no more than 250kb

7. gypzywind

gypzywind Guest

eY tHERE @A-M ... bOy! other filez (that UPloaded yezterday) were even bigger @ 4.3 n' 4.2 MB ... thoze were jpgs iN adobe photOshop eLementz editor n' "saved for the web" ... which made them a LOT smaller iN size from thE originalz here ... iz there sOmething "progressive"/"optimized" needing to B' checked ... (?)

sure don't wanna B' a bother here ...

8. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I resize to 600 pixels by 600 pixels and then use save for web and upload smaller than 250kb.
    Larger files sometimes do upload but it works better when they're smaller.

9. gypzywind

gypzywind Guest

hiya (((((((((dear seaSTAR Eyeore))))))))) ... thanX for the iNfO ... will take a closer look @ the pixelz when saving it again ... appreciate kNOWing that LARGE filez do sOmetimez UPload (under tHAt radar???) ... the firzt one here waz HUGE ... ... ...

appreciate (((((((((yoU gUrUz))))))))) ... echOez of thanX n' hOpe

10. A-M

I have just copied and will paste the Gallery rules so that you will know what is required for uploading to the gallery as the files must not be large like you are stating that yours are, to fulfill the requirements.
    Gallery

GALLERY RULES: Layouts must contain at least 50% TLP products. (Templates count as 15%.) Uploads must be less than 250k. List all credits; no off-site linking allowed.

11. gypzywind

gypzywind Guest

"breathe iN breathe out ... move on" ... ... ...

i thank (((((((((yoU))))))))) again n' again n' again (((((((((dear seaSTAR AnnE-mariE))))))))) ... juzt got finished trying a different smaller layout ... n' got the same errOr mezzage ... have read n' REad thoze rulez ... n' gonna 23 skidoo it here ... ... ...

stay cool ...

... echOez of thanX n' peace n' hOpe

12. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

You should have a dot "." somewhere in your file name. It should be something like "name of layout.jpg" If you don't have the ".jpg" that would give you the warning you saw in the original post about not having the allowed extension.

Also, with really large file sizes, usually it won't even let you upload, but even if it does, the gallery will usually resize it down for you, but usually with really fuzzy results, so I wouldn't rely on that to get your layouts uploaded. The resize for web function in Photoshop is the best way to get the file size under 250 kb. :agree

13. gypzywind

gypzywind Guest

G'morning (((((((((dear seaSTAR @Karen))))))))) not sure whY there iz no "dot" after the file name when uzing the "save for web" ... trying to fix that while reading yOUR pozt here ... waz about to call thoze Apple (MAC) guruz on thiz ... think it might flOat thru ... gonna give it a try ... thank (((((((((yoU))))))))) sO very much ... off to that gallery

Karen likes this.
  14. gypzywind

gypzywind Guest