Music to Scrap By

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by SharLamb, Jan 28, 2020.

1. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

I love the music that some artists use as background as they demo their creations. It is usually uplifting without being intrusive. It has no melody I recognize (if music is familiar to me, I sing along with it, completely ruining my concentration). I would call it relaxing, sweet music. I have Googled, trying to find what genre it is. No joy. On Spotify I have searched by every word I can think of. Again, no joy. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

gonewiththewind likes this.
  2. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I have a subscription service for the audio content I have in my scrapbooking process videos. I use a variety of music but it's all instrumental. Some of it is jazz or big band, some of it is piano, some of it is what I'd call adult contemporary.

I adore 40's big band music, so I listen to a lot of Benny Goodman or Glenn Miller on Spotify. You can also search for 40's big band instrumental.

Also, on Spotify, search for Doug Astrop or Jim Brickman and give them a listen. From there you can explore related artists if they have the sound you are looking for.

Hope this helps!

NBK-Design likes this.
  3. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

my son (age 15) has this new music (to me) that he adores...it is amazing! he has it blaring in his room and it is just so uplifting:

and there is so many more
    NCS release
    It is addicting and feels real happy to me...
    they have hour long mixes, and everyone just makes me tap my toes and enjoy!

A-M likes this.
  4. SharLamb

Thank you Cheryl and Anne! I’ll look for these. I also love big band, but like I said, while creating or reading or trying to nap, it has to be music I don’t know! Evidently I am not a multi-talker!

5. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I've been listening to the "Classical focus" station on Amazon Prime during this year's MOC... no words to distract me (I'm a sing along person too). They would definitely be familiar tunes, but no lyrics, so maybe that would work?

6. SharLamb

Thanks Karen. I’ll give it a try.

Karen likes this.
  7. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I don't usually play music while I'm scrapping, but sometimes, like as I type this right now, I'm enjoying hearing my daughter sing or play the piano or guitar upstairs. :D

8. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

That's so awesome! Does she take requests? :giggle

9. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Actually she does! You can find all her links (YouTube, Instagram, Soundcloud, etc) at https://linktr.ee/rhiannonkendzie

Karen likes this.
  10. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I don’t listen to music when online for a variety of reasons a) i’m easily distracted and b) my laptop would probably have a meltdown if I ran spotify and PSE at the same time

11. NBK-Design

NBK-Design Designer

I am a total podcast listener while my design process.
    But I also have a playlists on Spotify found called
    Warm fuzzy feeling and blues classic which I like.
    I feel totally disturbed by music I love. That’s why avoid that to listen

Nicole | NBK-Design

gonewiththewind and Karen like this.
  12. gonewiththewind

What are your top two podcasts you enjoy?

NBK-Design likes this.
  13. NBK-Design

NBK-Design Designer

They are all German. Mostly true crime and about marketing.

Nicole | NBK-Design

14. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

@gonewiththewind Last year before Dick got his cancer diagnosis and was hard as heck to live with, I started listening to positive Podcasts (maybe also to balance the spy and crime Netflix/Prime I love?? LOL @NBK-Design ). I just decided I would not let any of my potential religious bias to stand in the way of hearing positive talk which I knew I needed. Now that he is past the treatment and the week of preparing for hospice only to come out of it with flying colors (!!!) I still enjoy the podcasts.

I have Becky Higgins' ' Cultivate a Good Life', Emily P. Freeman's 'The Next Right Thing', Oprah's 'Super Soul Sunday' and Robyn Conley Down's 'Feel Good Effect'. I can listen to these and still concentrate on my scrapping and Lightroom interactions. You might enjoy these too. :happyhug

15. gonewiththewind

Thank you so much for these suggestions. I love the true crime podcasts but like you I need positive talk in my life!

cookingmylife likes this.
  16. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

ooooooooooh I listen to Dateline while doing bills, lol...just a funny thing, not the people that get killed, but I only listen when I am doing bills...bhah