Show me photos of your scrapping space!

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by QuiltyMom, Jan 17, 2020.

1. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

A new computer! Yay for you!

[​IMG]

QuiltyMom and Karen like this.
  2. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Your printer looks just like mine... I'm wondering if yours is wireless like mine is? Meaning... I don't have a cord that connects it to my computer. I print because they are both connected to the same wifi network. So maybe you could put your printer across the room near another plug and free up your table top? My printer is a Pixma MG7120. It's pretty old, but I love that wireless printing! My kids can print from their rooms too without any cords!

bestcee likes this.
  3. Karen

I LOVE those Alex drawers. I have 3 sets in my craft room (one for beads, one for art journal stuff and one for paints). When we re-did my teen son's room, he got a Alex drawer/linmon top desk too. They are so nice!! And affordable!

Becca Bonneville likes this.
  4. Karen

QuiltyMom likes this.
  5. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

@Karen My printer is a Canon MG7520 and I used to have a terrible time trying to use the wireless capacity and just gave up. I seriously should try it again since we're now 5G and our connections are better all over the house. (More to come when I pull the plug!)

@Becca Bonneville I lust for those drawers and would love to have them - some time (which means when I get rid of many things in this room). However, I visited a woman in DC who had a glass topped desk which I had always envied - til I sat at it and my wrists ached. Plus I was about 30 year younger... Like @Karen I have kept my keyboard ON the desk for decades so my lover arms are also on the desk.

Karen likes this.
  6. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

No judgement zone right?
    Our living room is actually our office/schoolroom. My desk is a small kitchen table. I love it! It needs refinishing on the top. The monitor holder my husband made me. He used wood and make it eye level for me so I don't slouch as much. I love that it's an open shelf that lets me hide my ehd's and tape dispenser among other things.
    Untitled-1.jpg

QuiltyMom likes this.
  7. LynnG

LynnG Designer

IMG_4886.jpg
    I have a tiny student desk because my office used to be a cupboard and that's what would fit. Now my "office" is part of the living room next to the kitchen for now. Photos to be scanned and art supplies are under it in nice boxes and on the wire shelves :-)

QuiltyMom, cookingmylife and bestcee like this.
  8. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

huge photo, and oh so dark, I will take one tomorrow, but I love where I sit, my kitchen/dining is the top, our family room the right doorway. (my husband did that doorway for me)
    IMG_1706.JPG

QuiltyMom likes this.
  9. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

My current mess I'm sure would put most of y'all's messes to shame. :agree I'd post a pic, but I've got tax documents and such scattered about and don't feel like trying to make sure I don't reveal anything I shouldn't. :P Here's a very old pic that I've shared here before:
    DSC_8290-web.jpg

This is in our family room, so it can be a bit distracting at times, but now that the kids are older, they hang out in their rooms more and DH has his own TV out in his "office", so it's not as big of a deal anymore.

My desk is about 15 years old from Office Max. My favorite thing about it is the extra-wide keyboard tray that accommodates my tablet and mouse as well. Having everything at "lap level" is so much more comfortable for me. I also like the raised stand that the left monitor is sitting on. The supply tray underneath spins around so that I can access different categories of stuff easily. The area where the right monitor is sitting is intended to be for a printer or scanner, but I have the scanner on the bookcase to the right.

We have a different printer now that has wireless network connection. The new one is on that same cart, but it now lives out in the breakfast area next to the kitchen "desk". I think it got moved out there the first Christmas we had it, since the tree gets set up next to my desk, and it worked fine there, so we never moved it back. I print very little, so I don't need it close. The area to the left of my desk tends to change every year after the Christmas tree comes down, just being used for whatever random furniture pieces we don't know what else to do with. :giggle

QuiltyMom, Karen and bestcee like this.
  10. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

@Karen I'm wireless!!! Now that I am several OS's from the one I had when I bought this printer...5 or more years ago it now recognizes our WiFi

And @LynnG you have a setup that is definitely magazine worthy! I am in awe!

rach3975 and HavaDrPepper like this.
  11. Karen

Oh hooray!!! That's so great! I'm glad you were able to get it going after the newer upgrades! I really love having ours hooked up that way, especially for the kids when they need to print stuff for school!

12. LynnG

LynnG Designer

All KMart and KMart NZ equivalents ;-) I think the floral cushion I treated myself to was more expensive than any of the furniture LOL

13. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Wow! Thanks so much for all of your responses. Again, I'll answer more later when I have the brain to think. And @bestcee @KimJ - wait until I post a pic of my current scrapping area. My desk is a catch-all for junk and it's surrounded by stuff stashed there because of the renovation. It's a disaster zone! lol!

I had an interesting experience today. I visited a "furniture rescue" store that was jam packed with old "brown" furniture (literally stacked all over the place). It was impressive! https://thebackdorr.com/ They repair and refinish/restore pieces, as well as sell from their stash. After talking with the owner we've come to the conclusion that I'll use my old small desk that I got as a child (that I got about 50 years ago - eek!) and she'll come up with some sort of side cabinet(s) for my printer, scanner & stuff, kind of like what you have @KimJ. Then she'll repair my desk and refinish everything to not only match each other, but to go with the other furniture in my room. I like the idea of repurposing old furniture. I'm also going to bring in an old rocker for repair, and that's very exciting, too!

Off to try to do some scrapping while it's quiet and before I fall asleep!

14. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

@QuiltyMom What a cool idea! Sounds like a great solution, Jan! :)

QuiltyMom likes this.