Show me photos of your scrapping space!

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by QuiltyMom, Jan 17, 2020.

1. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I need ideas! I'm going to get rid of my HUGE 3'x6' executive-sized mahogany desk and I need inspiration on what item(s) I should replace it with. I'm all idea'ed out at the moment. The desk is taking up too much space in my room and it's best at being a junk depository than being functional. I'd love to see what y'all have and how it works for you. Here's what I need to house:
    1. a desktop and one 21" monitor (desktop can go on floor)
    2. drawers for paper files and such
    3. space for a flatbed scanner and a printer
    4. a center drawer for office stuff (a nice way to say junk drawer! lol!)
    5. Everything must fit under my bedroom window, so nothing too tall
    Thanks, ya'll!!!

2. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I scrap in my kitchen, at the kitchen table so I am not a viable option for ya :)

QuiltyMom likes this.
  3. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

@QuiltyMom I have a smaller desk. I used to have a large roll top and it was so nice to go to a smaller footprint. Hubby put my monitors on a shelf so I have access to all my desk space. My desktop tower is on a telephone table right next to my desk. Loads of office supplies, including art supplies, are in the dresser under the window. Then I have a cart for my Happy Planner stuff, because Olivia and I usually do that together and we use the dining table for that.

IMG_20200117_104044.jpg

4. QuiltyMom

@gonewiththewind - I love your space! Something like that would definitely work for me. Where you have your dresser I've a tall bookshelf/cabinet filled with old Creative Memories paper scrapping stuff that I need to sell. I have so much stuff to sell that once it's gone I'll have so much more room!

5. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

@QuiltyMom I really need to do another clean out. I try to purge consistently, but I've gotten a bunch of stuff recently and haven't gotten rid of older stuff, so things are starting to get unorganized. I'm going to wait until after MOC is over though before I tackle that huge project. LOL

QuiltyMom likes this.
  6. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I got rid of the desk I had used for over 20 years in 2018 because I couldn't put both monitors on it. It had a hutch I loved but the monitor space was only big enough for one monitor. The space next to it was perfect for some Longaberger baskets/wrought iron setup and had a shelf. I could also keep things under the shelf. So for almost a year I used a very old 8 foot folding table (belonged to my grandparents and used for all the family gatherings when I was growing up!). In April I finally decided on what kind of desk I wanted and ordered it. My cousin put it together for me. My computer sits on a 2 drawer file cabinet next to it. My monitors are on a dual monitor stand and I can put things under neath it. I use the monitor section for books. I also have 2 drawers on the right and a keyboard tray which I can't use now with the corded keyboard I had to start using (long story).

I also have a 6 foot folding table from Wal-Mart that I can put by the desk making it an L when I need more space for projects like putting prints into albums! I also use the table to do jigsaw puzzles.

This is the desk I ended up getting: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004G7RN1C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

QuiltyMom likes this.
  7. QuiltyMom

@HavaDrPepper That is an amazing desk! Thank you for sharing it!

8. HavaDrPepper

I really do like it. I'm glad that I didn't order a couple of the others that I thought I wanted.

QuiltyMom likes this.
  9. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

This is my space. I like my desk pretty well. It has one big file drawer, a shelf, and two smaller drawers for office supplies aka junk lol. I don't have a tower, so the cabinet for that is full of like extra computer stuff. I have a laptop and 24" monitor on the main part and then it has the other section, where the lamp is, that can be used for printer/scanner. I just don't keep mine there. Also, please ignore the creepy head on the shelf that DD made in high school art class lol.

office space.jpg

LynnG and QuiltyMom like this.
  10. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

I'd show you mine but I'd have to clean my office first. (It's a total mess!) :oops:

Nightshadow and QuiltyMom like this.
  11. QuiltyMom

Very cool! I like your curvy desk, too. And I had to laugh about the head. I saw it but figured it must've been a kid thing. :-)
    Darlin', if you saw the state of my desk this morning before I had to clean it off so we could try to figure out what's up, you'd not complain. Seriously! Right now everything's on my bed and I can't go to sleep until I've done something about it. My "job" for the day was to go through everything and toss as much as I could, but considering it's 90% scrapping stuff (photos, documents and the like) it obviously didn't get done.

12. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

This is a 7 year old photo, but it's the one that best shows my desk. It's big -- 30"x60" so even with my old 27" iMac, there's plenty of space left for my stack of books, pen mugs, a plant, a pile of paper, etc.
    What appears to be three drawers on the left is actually one drawer with bars for hanging file folders. The three drawers on the right hold lots of stuff. I bought the matching additional file cabinet for more storage (both files and a small drawer for more stuff) and it holds my printer/scanner. It has worked well for me for 8 years and counting! Oh, and that's just one of our dining chairs. This nook is off my kitchen and family room, and the dining table is in the family room (we're a homeschooling gaming family that uses our table a lot) and I'm happy with the dining chair; no interest in a special desk chair. You can find more photos of my desk and nook in my gallery probably. :)
    2012 11 13 ian talking and desk 008.jpg

QuiltyMom likes this.
  13. HavaDrPepper

Just realized I have a layout in my gallery of the before and after in my office. I couldn't get a photo to show in a post for the life of me!

[​IMG]

QuiltyMom and bestcee like this.
  14. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Well, posting a pic of my space would be funny. I don't do it in my studio. I sit on our double recliner with my laptop. So...nobody needs a pic of my lap and feet, :rollin:rollin:no2:giggle

QuiltyMom likes this.
  15. sthomas51004

sthomas51004 Well-Known Member

My son recently moved his xbox out of the closet nook that he had so I have moved my desktop to the nook with both monitors. I have a lot of room. My office is cold and I could not stand being back there any more. In my office I have an old desk that was my uncle's but it was not wide enough for my monitors and keyboard. Hubby fixed that! We bought two boards at Home Depot and he screwed them to the top of the desk. I stained them and added new drawer pulls. It looks great. He also made me a huge lap desk for when I am in the recliner with my laptop. Of course I cannot find the pictures right now...lol

QuiltyMom likes this.
  16. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

umm, no photos from me - I have a desk that I can kind of see.....does that count?

Depending on where I move to eventually will decide my set up - if I have a spare bedroom or a bedroom/living room that’s big enough for a desk area I’ll set up a desk but if not I’ll use the dining table

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
    QuiltyMom likes this.
  17. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

IMG_4911.JPG This is my computer where I do my digi scrapbooking. It is in an old style computer cupboard so I can close the doors and you would not know a computer were inside.

QuiltyMom likes this.
  18. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Ok here's my set up.

I have a 48x27" Ikea table and keep my monitor all the way back as far as it can go. I like to have space for various papers & things so each day has some clean it up time. One of my big gripes is not having a different space for my printer. The cord is not long enough to put another table/file cabinet etc to the left of my desk. Plus the window that has the a/c unit in it is right behind that printer so I keep the black out curtain closed in the winter but it needs open access in the summer. I have a 4 plug dedicated outlet right under this table so I'm not likely to be able to move to another wall in this room. Unless - I decide some day to have an electrician put another similar outlet in.

btw, the $1 was in a birthday card this year so I'd never be poor. LOL and yes, there are 4 EHDs under that Jin Shin Jytsu hand & dollar bil. The mittens are fingerless gloves for the frigid February days.
    IMG_2831.jpeg

jk703 and QuiltyMom like this.
  19. Becca Bonneville

Becca Bonneville Oh my God Becky

I don't have a picture but I have the Glasholm (top)/Alex (drawers) combo from Ikea. It doesn't have a center drawer but the top drawers are smaller so I keep my office type stuff in there. The rest of the drawers are filled with stamping and scrap stuff haha. I like the glass top on it since I also will use it when doing some projects. I have my monitor (which it pretty big), keyboard, my Canon MX922 printer, overly huge mousepad, and decor items on the desk and there is still space. This is the one...

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/glasholm-alex-table-glass-honeycomb-pattern-white-s39213576/

QuiltyMom likes this.
  20. QuiltyMom

Thanks, everyone! I'll write more later but I was out buying another computer today since my current one is rather glitchy. That was an unexpected expense amidst our renovation costs. EEk! So now I need to start transferring everything to the new computer. But I really do appreciate all your photos and input!

Karen and gonewiththewind like this.